Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bryant and Feaster
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 4,974

Bryant and Feaster

Nov 27, 2019, 4:11 AM

Over on the coot boards, a bunch of the serial loudmouths are saying that Bryant and Feaster can’t wait for their seasons to be over so that they can tell the real story about why they left Clemson. Here is a suggested response for Dabo: “Thank you for your question, but I only talk about the young men who play football for Clemson.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me save everyone some time.

Nov 27, 2019, 4:59 AM

The “real story” is that they were beat out by much better players and their feelings got hurt. End of story.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Nov 27, 2019, 8:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Some comment was made in a media outlet

Nov 27, 2019, 5:06 AM

a few weeks ago about Bryant doing as you suggest.

I'd be very surprised to see either he or Feaster attempt to grind axes post-season, as those acts would come across as being sour grapes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some comment was made in a media outlet

Nov 27, 2019, 5:34 AM

I would hate to see Bryant go that route. He still has support down the road from Clemson Nation. I believe Feaster has already lost much of that support when he decided to make UofSuC his new home. In either case I would hate to see them speak out negatively about the university or their time here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some comment was made in a media outlet

Nov 27, 2019, 6:38 AM

A guy who quit on the team mid season has no support at Tiger Nation.

No support from me. The real slap in the face were the

Nov 27, 2019, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Some comment was made in a media outlet ]

Things HE said.

What a great way to improve your draft stock. Start rumors about former coaches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, be a part of 2 Natty's - then complain , etc ?

Nov 27, 2019, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Some comment was made in a media outlet ]

that is gonna have some kind of shine on it for sure ........

null

Re: Bryant and Feaster

Nov 27, 2019, 6:00 AM

Feaster only has around 80 more hours to wait! 78 if he is like most Coot fans and will be leaving at halftime.

Cool

Nov 27, 2019, 7:07 AM

That would be really dumb. Sounds like something a gamecock would say.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Playing time

Nov 27, 2019, 7:45 AM

and ego. Now you don't have to wait to hear the obvious.

Feaster is going to say it was Political, and KB will

Nov 27, 2019, 7:46 AM

play the race card. Both already have.

KB Is A Cancer....

Nov 27, 2019, 8:08 AM

That is no longer on the team . He isn't an NFL quality QB...heck I doubt he gets drafted or ever makes a team . I hope he stays away from Clemson if he does as some have suggested he may do after the season ends .

I see someone doesn't like facts

Nov 27, 2019, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Feaster is going to say it was Political, and KB will ]

Feaster was pl;aying that "it's political" card about not being the starter while he was still at Clemson.

Anyone care to guess where Maria got the the race remarrks from ?

Re: I see someone doesn't like facts

Nov 27, 2019, 8:26 AM

White privilege the QB position?

Cole does not seem to think so.

Watson & Boyd were the best, they started. If KB had been

Nov 27, 2019, 8:30 AM

better, he would have started over TL. He wasn't.

Re: Watson & Boyd were the best, they started. If KB had been

Nov 27, 2019, 8:32 AM

My point exactly. Quite honestly, we have 3 straight national championships with a more competent QB in 2017.

Four with BT Potter kicking in the first game against Bama***

Nov 27, 2019, 9:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2019, 8:26 AM [ in reply to I see someone doesn't like facts ]

Obviously, both of them felt entitled and it’s sad but that’s today’s society. But one thing is true. Coots are entitled to an as* whooping Saturday!

Nov 27, 2019, 11:52 AM

I've always understood things from Feaster's perspective a bit more to be honest. I certainly don't think he was treated unfairly, and ETN is clearly the best running back in the country IMO. However, I can still understand how Feaster likely felt. He was a 5 star recruit who probably felt he was the best running back in the country coming out of high school. I'm sure he felt he was a lock for the NFL in 3-4 years.

One could say that he never looked like the 5 star he was ranked as while at Clemson, but he also never looked bad either. In fact, he averaged over 6 YPC at Clemson. From his point he probably feels he had bad luck with a few injuries, and that if he could only catch a break, stay healthy, and get enough touches that he'd prove to everyone that he was as legit as his 5 star ranking showed. At some point though ETN came in and blew everyone away, and then Dixon came in and at the very least pulled even with Feaster on the depth chart based on the amount of touches.

This left Feaster struggling to get 5 carries per game on average, and he was getting 6 yards with every touch. The problem though was ETN was putting up insane numbers, and Dixon was as well in his limited role. I can see where Feaster would feel to himself that he could put up even better numbers as well with enough carries with the 1st team. Heck, maybe he even realized that ETN was better, but still felt he was a top 5-10 running back in the country and was just unlucky enough to be behind the best guy. Or maybe he truly felt he was better than ETN, but just wasn't getting the carries to prove that he was.

I have no idea of his thought process. I'm only saying though that he was so good in high school, and has been very good in college as well based on his yards per touch. I can certainly understand why he felt he could go somewhere else and produce while showing his potential to the NFL. It may not have worked out the way he hoped, but I can wrap my head around understanding how he felt he could do more. To be clear, our coaches did nothing wrong IMO.

How would TF play the race card? And can you imagine

Nov 27, 2019, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Feaster is going to say it was Political, and KB will ]

KB playing the race card, after Dabo benched senior Cole Stoudt for true freshman Deshaun Watson? After TL went on to win us a national championship, having not yet lost a single game, with every broadcaster saying he was a generational talent and might as well just quit playing college football and wait to be picked first in the draft? Absolutely laughable to even consider.

And what could Feaster say? After getting to hand-pick his senior year situation, he is finishing with stats nearly identical to last year. 5.6 ypc and 5 rushing TDs this year vs 5.6 ypc and 6 rushing TDs last year. 13 receptions vs 11 last year, and no receiving TDs either year. And this proved what? If anything, it proved our coaches know what they are doing.

Anyway, I don’t mean for this to be derogatory toward either of them. I think this is mostly fueled by talking heads and rival fans who are both very desperate to tear Clemson down. But the idea is so laughable.

null

Re: How would TF play the race card? And can you imagine

Nov 27, 2019, 11:38 AM

Feaster hasn't exactly blown up this year, but his stats per game are better this year due to higher volume which he wasn't getting at Clemson due to the depth chart. His yards per carry is the same, but you're comparing his number of touchdowns and receptions based on playing 15 games last year to only 9 games played so far this year. He has 34 more carries, 2 more receptions, and 193 more total yards in 6 fewer games than last year. Now, that certainly doesn't prove that he deserved more playing time over ETN and Dixon, but transferring did open him up for more playing time than he was going to get at Clemson. That's a product though of being behind two very talented running backs, and South Carolina running with their backs more than we do though, and not a product of being unfair.

Feaster's ypc and ave/gm is taking a hit this weekend***

Nov 27, 2019, 11:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both had a self-serving entitlement mentality...

Nov 27, 2019, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Playing time ]

where they thought playing time was a right instead of something that was earned along with a lack of accepting any personal responsibility for their demotions on the depth chart.

Consequently, both transferred to lesser programs in an attempt to garner more playing time. While the desired result may have been achieved in that regard, I doubt either has done anything that will enhance their respective draft status.

Re: Bryant and Feaster

Nov 27, 2019, 8:46 AM

What exactly would they have to say that they didn't say this past offseason?

If they had anything to say, they already would have

Nov 27, 2019, 9:57 AM

You only wait if u r full of crap.

I am very confident Dabo will do just FINE with his response

Nov 27, 2019, 12:22 PM

He has a bonafide track record.

I'm sure he would thank you for your suggestion.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Why would they need to wait until the season is over

Nov 27, 2019, 12:26 PM

to trash Dabo/Clemson?

Dabo/Clemson have no influence over them.

Replies: 27
| visibility 4,974
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic