Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why we’re different...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,409

Why we’re different...

Aug 28, 2019, 2:26 PM

I’ve been thinking lately about what, in my mind, it is that separates Clemson from other schools. I remember in the 70’s and ‘80’s when my family would travel to bowl games or an away game how I felt when I saw a fellow Tiger. The throngs of people clad in orange all there for one reason, to support our Tigers. Yes, I get it, every school has fans that support and travel to see their team play but there is a genuine bond that ties Clemson people together. Case in point, I’m on the side of the road between Gable and Manning SC with a flat tire, in the pouring rain. This young man saw my Clemson hoodie and my Tiger paw stickers on my car and stopped to offer help.As I stood there in the rain and fixed the tire, we talked of our love for Clemson. He never complained and when he had finished refused any money for his kindness. His comment was “ we’re Clemson and we’re family.” As the season begins and we watch our Tigers play, win or lose, we ‘re family! I’m blessed to have been born into this family and thank God I’m a Clemson Tiger! Go Tigers beat Tech!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is something

Aug 28, 2019, 2:42 PM

in these hills that brings together and binds together and holds together men and women of all persuasions, of all heights, sizes, weights, sexual orientations and cultural backgrounds – something that cuts across every difference, spans every gap, penetrates every wall – something that makes a man or a woman stand taller, feel better and say with a high pride to all within earshot, “I went to Clemson.”

https://alumni.clemson.edu/something-in-these-hills/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

"Makes a woman stand taller"

Aug 28, 2019, 2:44 PM

Did you add that in for yourself?

Snowflake Basher........Out

Yes and I made an addition for you and classof1994***

Aug 28, 2019, 2:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Are you talking about

Aug 28, 2019, 2:46 PM

"penetrates every wall"?

Snowflake Basher........Out

oh glory!

Aug 28, 2019, 2:47 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Are you talking about

Aug 28, 2019, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Are you talking about ]

he's referring to the Tin Cans!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol at bob

Aug 28, 2019, 2:44 PM [ in reply to There is something ]

"wanting to feel taller"

just looll

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,409
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic