Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why this offense is so dominant.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 976

Why this offense is so dominant.

Oct 19, 2020, 11:14 AM

Offense today is based on one simple principle: Get the ball to an athlete in open space.

Lots of ways to do that. But, there is one simple fact: The more athletes you have the easier it is to do it.

Someone in another thread mentioned that the middle of the field seems open a lot for Clemson. I think the primary reason is because of ETN.

Say you are a LB whose responsibility is to cover the TE on pass plays. You see the ball snapped. You see ETN going to the flats on the same side of the field as the TE lined up. You see TL act like he is going to pitch the ball to him. How much discipline does it take for you to forget about the pitch and stay focused on the TE? The WRs have run patterns that take the safeties out of the middle. So, when the LB takes even a step or two toward the pitch, there is no one covering the TE.

Same thing happens when Trevor runs an RPO. Takes unbelievable disciple to forget about the run, remembering Trevor can either hand the ball off or keep it and run himself or keep it and step back and throw, to forget about the run and hang with the TE.

Heck FSU doesn't have near the athletes that Clemson has and we got a TE wide open twice for two huge plays against UNC doing the same type of play.

I can't imagine what LBs and safeties have to be thinking when they are lined up against Clemson.

Too many athletes. Too much space. Too many decisions. Too little time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 976
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic