Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why the coots have owned us of recent in baseball and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Why the coots have owned us of recent in baseball and

Mar 3, 2014, 7:42 AM

football.

There is no denying the amount of money and emphasis they've put on their sports programs of recent.

I hate to even admit this but their facilities are top notch across the board.

They've also had Very Good to Great coaching across the board as well.

It's a hard pill to swallow especially considering they are our biggest rival, but they are doing the things needed to grow their athletic programs and to be successful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Why the coots have owned us of recent in baseball and

Mar 3, 2014, 7:57 AM

You are so right ! I am sick & tired of hearing Leggett say "this does not make our season". It might not Jack, but to Clemson fans it does mean SOMETHING!
The coots own us now. We need to get rid of Leggett. If we play the rest of the season like we did against SC it will be a LONG year. Pitching -" Pathetic"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2014, 8:40 AM

I'm calling Coot on both of y'all!

LOL. I love being called a coot for an honest post.

Mar 3, 2014, 9:25 AM

I love MY TIGERS as much as anyone, but I always have and always will call it as I see it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Re: LOL. I love being called a coot for an honest post.

Mar 3, 2014, 8:20 PM

Down and Low

Mar 3, 2014, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Why the coots have owned us of recent in baseball and ]

I never have been impressed with the pitching coach. I think that is where changes might need to be made.

Wait, wait, wait............

Mar 3, 2014, 8:46 AM

You're saying they're facilities are better? Have you been down into that cesspool lately? I'd have to disagree with you on that point.

Re: Wait, wait, wait............

Mar 3, 2014, 9:05 AM

explain more about this cesspool please. be specific. What's bad about their facilities?

Firstly, it's their***

Mar 3, 2014, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Wait, wait, wait............ ]

Secondly, did I say their facilities are better???

Didn't think so....

Their baseball facilities are better. Quite possibly the

Mar 3, 2014, 9:27 AM

best in the nation.

Their Football facilities are not as nice as ours, but they are leaps and bounds from what they used to be and are quite nice.

Re: Wait, wait, wait............

Mar 3, 2014, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Wait, wait, wait............ ]

Have you seen their baseball facility? Its the best in the country by a wide margin.

The baseball stadium

Mar 3, 2014, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Wait, wait, wait............ ]

is one of the best in the nation. The basketball arena is really nice too! The Football stadium is getting better (The video board) and they are about to begin to work on the outside adding trees (which is very needed) right now its a concrete jungle.

So yes, I hate to say it but their facilities are all nice.

Mar 3, 2014, 9:00 AM

this post is absolutely spot on! every bit true!their admin and BOT will support ANY THING their athletic dept does. no academic requirements, pay whatever it takes, any "chemicals" the player wants is OK, deal drugs!! OK;;;; the list is long!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2014, 9:32 AM

Yeah Mangus is stellar.....at teaching QB's to #### in the street! :P

Wangus***

Mar 3, 2014, 9:34 AM

fixed it for you.

Mar 3, 2014, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Why the coots have owned us of recent in baseball and ]

Yeah, and "The Chad" is a QB guru? C'mon, have you seen any of the NFL scouts' report on Tajh? "Wildly inaccurate", "can't read defenses", "great arm but fundamentally unsound", "terrible mechanics","takes off after first check down", "undraftable", "worked in a very simplistic system" are just a few of the published ones. I just wonder what those NFL boys really think about "The Chad"?

Re: Re: Why the coots have owned us of recent in baseball and

Mar 3, 2014, 10:57 AM

I take it you didn't watch Connor shaw attempt to throw a fly route? Yeah didn't think so.

Mar 3, 2014, 11:22 AM

Point well taken! Shaw can't throw an accurate deep ball, and Tajh can't throw accurately to a guy ten yards down, or across, the field.

Mar 3, 2014, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Why the coots have owned us of recent in baseball and ]

are you aware that they have beat us 5 years in a row in football at our place and theirs and even with a backup qb? they are right we need to take off the orange glasses and be more realistic and logical. I am tired of excuses and just want a win. if it means chad pissing on main street in gville to help our qb's win against them I don't care. ONCE AGAIN NO EXCUSES JUST WIN!

Lots of Coots on this thread!***

Mar 3, 2014, 10:44 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lots of Coots on this thread!***

Mar 3, 2014, 10:46 AM

Lots of TRUTH on this thread, also!***

Lots of Denial on this thread***

Mar 3, 2014, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Lots of Coots on this thread!*** ]

I have to take off my orange glasses first

Mar 3, 2014, 10:49 AM

Aww now I can see it...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's how Miami used to do it...

Mar 3, 2014, 10:51 AM

pumping money into facilities.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Pumping money into recruits...

Mar 3, 2014, 10:58 AM

Just kidding, I had to say it though.

Although I bet most major conference schools pay their players on some level.

Re: Pumping money into recruits...

Mar 3, 2014, 11:04 AM

Well USuCk does. How else do they get 4 star recruits to come to the crap hole that is Cootlumbia.

Probably. I bet us and most other schools do too.***

Mar 3, 2014, 11:26 AM

Re: That's how Miami used to do it...

Mar 3, 2014, 11:02 AM [ in reply to That's how Miami used to do it... ]

Yet they still don't have a college football stadium. And they can barely fill an 60k pro stadium.

SCAR is continuing to spend money and build

Mar 3, 2014, 12:04 PM

From a recent article in The State it looks like the area around the football stadium is getting landscaped soon. The drawings linked also show new indoor practice facility, practice fields and new softball stadium.

I really like watching girls softball btw, I don't understand why Clemson doesn't have it as it is finally getting to the point where schools east of the Mississippi are winning National Championships.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scgamecocks/sets/72157627599031125/

Their new Softball stadium is top notch, its close to being

Mar 3, 2014, 12:06 PM

finished.

Re: Their new Softball stadium is top notch, its close to being

Mar 3, 2014, 12:20 PM

Clemson is one of only 4 ACC schools without softball. I don't understand why that is considering even the northern schools in the ACC have softball. It is one of the few non-revenue sports that is really fun to watch and televised as well. Not sure why the folks in charge have chosen not to play softball.

Yep, I agree

Mar 3, 2014, 12:29 PM

I like softball as well. Never made sense to me why we don't have a team.

Re: Yep, I agree

Mar 3, 2014, 9:04 PM

Agree. Love softball and never understood not having it at CU.

too bad we dont have a Bama or LSU to rake in $ for us***

Mar 3, 2014, 12:06 PM

Re: too bad we dont have a Bama or LSU to rake in $ for us***

Mar 3, 2014, 12:26 PM

You are correct, sir! The real story of recent SC domination over the Tigers is facilities upgrades, TV money payouts, and the ACC desperately trying to keep up with the big money SEC. IMO, if Clemson had been in the SEC these past 20 years, the Tigers would have at least one more NC trophy, maybe more. Clemson would have fared much better than SC did for the first 10 years in the SEC, because they would have gotten better coaches and players during that time, along with quicker facilities upgrades.

MCB - I concur

Mar 3, 2014, 12:34 PM

Clemson was set to continue being a top 10 football program had the Tigers joined the SEC in '92 instead of SCAR. This current 5 win streak in football would not only never have occurred but SCAR would be struggling to be competitive in the Big East or the AAC or whatever that conference is called now. However, it is possible that SCAR would've gotten an ACC invite at some point to replace Clemson, but that would have still made little difference in football.

Re: MCB - I concur

Mar 3, 2014, 4:04 PM

Maybe we can sabotage their buses next year....that might help us get a win.

Mar 3, 2014, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: too bad we dont have a Bama or LSU to rake in $ for us*** ]

SC can upgrade their facilities all they want but they will never be a Clemson.

Mar 3, 2014, 4:08 PM

What???????

Cockboy...

Mar 3, 2014, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: too bad we dont have a Bama or LSU to rake in $ for us*** ]

Please explain how each of these items has helped you win some games in baseball and football, then explain why your basketball program hasn't won an NCAA tournament game since 1974.

"facilities upgrades, TV money payouts

By the way, you've been in the SEC for 22 seasons. The conference has always been lucrative and USuC has always got equal shares. So why did it take you 18 years to accomplish anything of note in the league, albeit the SEC East has been at its worst since you joined?

Re: Cockboy...

Mar 3, 2014, 10:22 PM

Because in the past we squandered resources more than any major university. We had a long line of horrible athletic directors, trustees interested in maintaining the status quo, and an administration as t was barely interested in athletics. People point to spurrier and tanner and they are certainly partly responsible for our upturn in sports. However, imo the main ingredient has been the appointment of Harris Pastides as president. He is a Bama man who fully believes great athletics are beneficial to a school. He rushed the court when we beat UK the other night. Said he knew he was paying a fine anyways so may as well join the fun. His support has changed our athletic culture.

Pastides like sports more than previous presidents...

Mar 4, 2014, 5:33 PM

Ok, and?

Re: Cockboy...

Mar 3, 2014, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Cockboy... ]

I'll be glad to, Shane! More money equals better facilities upgrades, right? Better facilities brings better coaches to respective sports, and better facilities also bring better recruits to the program. Of course, better players who are better coached will always be more successful (see Spurrier and Holbrook) than players who aren't (see Dabo and Jack). Clemson has done much better with basketball since 1991 because they've hired good coaches, mostly on the rise. SC has hired basketball coaches who retired there during that time. IMO, Purnell was the worst coach Clemson hired during that time (yeah, I know all about his success.....still not impressed). Frank Martin is a good coach (not as good as Staley), but Brad Brownell is a much better coach, and will prove it in the coming years.

So, cockboy...

Mar 4, 2014, 5:49 PM

Please define which facilities were built that lured in Spurrier and Tanner?

Can you let me know how many and which football, basketball, or baseball players chose your school citing facilities, and which facilities did they find most impressive? Your football program didn't markedly improve players due to any facilities. Your baseball team started getting players only after winning. Your basketball team has had SEC money since 1992, yet hasn't won an NCAA tournament game since 1974.

For a bonus question, can you tell me why Kentucky and Vanderbilt, for instance, are two of the worst college football program of all-time? Why can't Mississippi and Mississippi State do anything? How in the world has Tennessee sucked this long? They all get just as much SEC money as you, right?

For an added bonus, how have all these other programs, including Clemson, done so well without that miracle SEC money?

I'll wait.

Fact is, every major player in BCS sports can build the same facilities and hire good coaches. But, it doesn't guarantee a darn thing.

Shane - you may want to go check the history of conference payouts

Mar 3, 2014, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Cockboy... ]

The SEC has not always been the money factory it is now. If you look back at what the SEC was paying in the 90's versus now you'll see the growth has been exponential, as has the payouts to the other football conferences. The difference in SEC money and ACC money was negligible back in the 90's....in fact I would not be surprised if the ACC paid more in the early 90's......why would FSU have chosen the ACC back in the 90's if the payout was substantially less than the SEC?

Your statement implying SCAR has been swimming in cash for 22 years is off base. SCAR and the rest of the SEC started getting big checks after the BCS went into effect, so the big money has only been coming in for 10 years or so.

Your premise is hosed nor does it address the question.

Mar 4, 2014, 5:37 PM

I didn't imply SCAR has been "swimming in cash" for 22 years, but the fact is money hasn't been an issue for the athletic department.

Even if they were suddenly the richest AD in the country, that doesn't directly guarantee success.

Mar 3, 2014, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: too bad we dont have a Bama or LSU to rake in $ for us*** ]

We could go to the SEC. We should make the move. Too many sunshine pumpers want to live under the delusion that the ACC is worth a ####.

They started whipping us in baseball before their stadium

Mar 3, 2014, 7:52 PM

was built. Their football stadium is still a dump.

They have beaten us for one reason, and one reason only....coaching.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They started whipping us in baseball before their stadium

Mar 3, 2014, 10:36 PM

You're right, tigertrain! The difference in athletes is negligible each year, for the most part. In football and baseball, the Tigers come up short on the coaching end in those games.

Mar 3, 2014, 9:49 PM

True, but I still think Columbia and its Coot college are both ghettos.

Tell em coot***

Mar 4, 2014, 1:19 AM

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic