Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why not move the Football Season to the Spring ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Why not move the Football Season to the Spring ?

Aug 3, 2020, 11:44 AM

After all, all indications are a vaccine will be here NLT end of year, possibly by October 2019 ...

High Schools where I live have moved Fall Sports (Football) to "Spring".

Granted, distribution of vaccine is YUGE, but I would think people in Institutional settings, ie Students and by the default, athletes will among the first groups to get

AND, make it that you have to be vaccinated to get a ticket to a game ... can't control the tailgates though ...

Regardless, start say first weekend in February, and all will be good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats what i have been saying

Aug 3, 2020, 11:48 AM

in the fall the flu is goign to ramp up as well so thats two viruses..how on earth do they think they are going to have football with crowds during a pandemic and flu season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why not move the Football Season to the Spring ?

Aug 3, 2020, 12:04 PM

Makes sense except spring is about June in the upper midwest

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because it creates a whole new set of problems.

Aug 3, 2020, 12:17 PM

What about winter and spring sports?
What about NFL predraft camps/private workouts?
What about the NFL Draft?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I would feel really good

Aug 3, 2020, 12:22 PM

KNOWING that this pandemic is over by February! There is a good chance it will still be here this time next year.

We need to start worrying about an all out depression rather than a few football games. Commerce can’t stand two years of this. No way!

Think positive, happy thoughts ...

Aug 3, 2020, 12:51 PM

There you go with them negative waves !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ

fred

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Think positive, happy thoughts ...

Aug 3, 2020, 12:58 PM

Reality should not be confused with negativity.

Great movie.***

Aug 3, 2020, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Think positive, happy thoughts ... ]

Aug 3, 2020, 12:30 PM

Currently football occurs from September to November.

In a place like Detroit, MI, the avg high temperature in September is 74, October is 61, and November is 48.

By December, the avg high is just 36, in January it's 31, in February it's 34, and in March it's 45.

It's not until April that we return to avg high temperatures that are as good as we see in the current schedule of football, and April is when we typically have the NFL Draft. It would also be only a few months away from the next college footballs season.

Also, keep in mind those are just the high temperatures listed. If teams wish to play at a time other than early in the afternoon, the temperatures will be even colder. You may also see games cancelled or postoponed even in the south for ice/snow due to travel issues, and college football can't really afford to have games postponed due to scheduling constraints.

I also don't even know which schools have indoor practice facilities. I would hope that all major FBS schools would have an indoor practice facility, but what about FCS and lower?

Aug 3, 2020, 12:35 PM

There is NO way that the 2020 season will be played next spring. Not a chance.

Why not ?***

Aug 3, 2020, 12:38 PM

Re: Why not ?***

Aug 3, 2020, 1:02 PM

Because the next season will begin in a couple of months. Do you think that the 2020 season will end in June Or July and the 2021 season will begin In September.??? I think not. One month of no football will never go over for coaches or players.

Football is a manly game ...

Aug 3, 2020, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Why not move the Football Season to the Spring ? ]

Played in all kinds weather, temperature ... only time a game is postponed is if there is active Lightening Storms, Hurricanes and/or Tornadoes in the area ... else fan base/players might get killed and that's not good PR

Regardless, its too cold ? No excuse. You want to play for North Dakota U ? Comes with the territory

I keep wondering why no one has talked about a

Aug 3, 2020, 12:59 PM

November thru February football season. I think a late fall football start is actually doable as opposed to the Spring. Flu shots for this season's flu will be out in September - gives plenty of time for folks to get inoculated. Also if things keep progressing (keeping my fingers crossed) there seems to be a chance that we may actually have a COVID-19 vaccine in November.

A November - February time frame would still allow the College Football Season to end prior to the 2021 NFL Draft. This would require playing regular season games over the holidays during what is otherwise normal bowl season but I think it could be worked out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think people worry too much about the NFL Draft ...

Aug 3, 2020, 2:51 PM

Poor NFL ... if the College Players are going to be a little late because of this Plague, they will get over it, and they can delay a month or two ...

Safety first ! Its decided then, College Football starts first weekend in February wraps on or about May 1 ... Bowls and whatnot late May into early June. Good compliment for the College Baseball playoffs ... it will be exciting ! Good timing too, those in Bowls, Playoffs ... during the practice time for post season they can do finals, have end of year parties and whatnot.

Aug 3, 2020, 2:54 PM

Covid will still be around, but also some of our best players would be gone.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic