Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is OSU whining? B1G wasn't even gonna play in 2020
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Why is OSU whining? B1G wasn't even gonna play in 2020

Dec 8, 2020, 4:33 PM

Don't you just love Ryan Day?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But Justin Fields created the #Let Us Play movement and

Dec 8, 2020, 4:35 PM

single-handedly saved college football. #Heisman

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: But Justin Fields created the #Let Us Play movement and

Dec 8, 2020, 4:50 PM

single-handedly saved college football. #Heisman

Sure he did,,,, right after Trevor started it, then he got whiny also and said" Trevor Lawrence isn't the spokesperson for college football!" He was jealous and started his own petition to play.

You can rest assured this is not being done...

Dec 8, 2020, 4:42 PM

for the wrong reasons. They didn't even succumb to political pressure, money, or what anyone else was dong when they made the decision to reverse course and play football this fall. I'm sure the same is true now.

"Northwestern’s Schapiro, head of the Big Ten’s council of presidents and chancellors, admitted that this was a difficult decision.

"It wasn't about political pressure,” he says of the return to play. “It wasn't about money. It wasn't about what anyone else was doing. ... Even a week ago I wasn't convinced to be part of this going forward. I've been grappling with that every day, including the call last night. ... If we could play football safely and are able to do it, I don't see any reason not to go forward." ~ ROSS DELLENGER AND PAT FORDESEP 16, 2020 SI

The BIG 10 is looking really bad right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

The mistake the Big 10 made...

Dec 8, 2020, 4:52 PM

was foolishly thinking that any other conference in the country really gave a rats rump what the Big 10 said or elected to do. They chose poorly while other conferences elected to play. Sucks for them but they have no one to blame but themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The mistake the Big 10 made...

Dec 8, 2020, 4:54 PM

well, they were correct about the Pac-12. Unsurprisingly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Yea but the Pac 12 is largely irrelevant...

Dec 8, 2020, 4:56 PM

and was never going to be part of the CFP discussion anyway, so no one really cares or pays attention to what they do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Yea but the Pac 12 is largely irrelevant...

Dec 8, 2020, 5:01 PM

SEC Shorts nailed it with this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0mLk3uDb8g&feature=emb_logo

I remember it seeming at the time more like, the Big 10 was

Dec 8, 2020, 5:10 PM [ in reply to The mistake the Big 10 made... ]

SURE that the ACC and SEC would not have the chutzpah to carry on if they, the Pac 12, and the Big 12 voted not to play.

They totally misjudged what a religion college football is in the southern states.

When the Big 12 saw that we were intent on playing, with some of their own school clamoring for a season, it didn't take them long to reverse course. That left the Big 10 with egg on ye olde face. As for the Pac 12, who cares anyway, they are about as relevant as Florida State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wonder if they pay purdue to not play this weekend?

Dec 8, 2020, 5:08 PM

In addition, if another Big Ten game for Saturday were to be canceled, the conference could move around games in an effort to get Ohio State to play.

If Purdue, which canceled practice Tuesday to evaluate its latest COVID-19 testing, had to cancel against Indiana, the Big Ten could move around games or have Indiana and Ohio State play again.

Re: Why is OSU whining? B1G wasn't even gonna play in 2020

Dec 8, 2020, 7:33 PM

The BIG made their bed let them lie in it. I will preface my comments by saying yes the virus is serious for those over 65 with underlying conditions, but frankly college age students are more likely to die from an STD and certainly Meningitis than COVID. Will someone somewhere die yes, but the overwhelming majority will not.
I believe from the start the BIG and in particular Michigan thought they could lay down the law and cancel the season and force everyone else to follow. This was driven by blue state governors and college presidents who wanted to hurt Trump. Unfortunately for Michigan there are medical schools in places like Duke, North Carolina and Virginia who had a different interpretation of the data and players like Trevor Lawrence at Clemson who had the courage to move ahead. Surprise, surprise nobody died. The BIG lost the game of Chicken and screwed up their season by waiting.
Is it really fair at this point for an BIG team to be in the playoffs when they will have played 4 or 5 games less than an ACC or SEC team. Sorry for the bad news but life is full of calculated risk and reward scenarios. The BIG wanted to cancel the season so they are getting their reward. I feel bad for the players, coaches and fans but for college presidents and Governors not so much.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic