Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why does Joey Galloway keep saying everyone will end up...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Why does Joey Galloway keep saying everyone will end up...

Aug 12, 2020, 10:29 AM

Why does Joey Galloway keep saying everyone will end up... Cancelling their season? Does here care about his livelihood or knows he can go talk on NFL broadcast now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

because they likely will.

Aug 12, 2020, 10:33 AM

I am all for the ACC committing to a fall season (it won't be any better in the spring), but reality is, as soon as there is an outbreak on campuses, the kids will be sent home and that will be that.

We can pray for a miracle, but the virus is just doing virus things.

At the end of the day, the odds are VERY strong that there will be no fall and no spring 2020/21 football season.

I hope for a good vaccine and treatment so we can get back to normal in fall 2021.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

gonna be funny when there is no vaccine in 2021***

Aug 12, 2020, 10:59 AM

funny? No. Suck? YES.***

Aug 12, 2020, 12:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i didnt mean funny in haha funny

Aug 12, 2020, 2:06 PM

i was referring to how everyone is expecting a vaccine next year..when the reality is there may never be one at all..instead of banking on the unknown they need to focus on living with the virus

Re: because they likely will.

Aug 12, 2020, 10:59 AM [ in reply to because they likely will. ]

Back in 1981 (I think it was) there was an outbreak of the flu. Over 5000 students and faculty reported to Redfern Medical center for treatment. It was a strange 2 or 3 weeks, but Clemson didn't shut down or send everyone home. I felt bad for a week but never reported to Redfern.
And I know... "I'm part of the problem."

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Galloway knows

Aug 12, 2020, 10:36 AM

How many greedy lawyers there are in this wonderful country who are anxiously awaiting for a player to contract the disease and die! If you don’t believe this you are not living in the real world. Such an event could destroy college athletics as we know it.

No case... The player's choice and no way to prove how.***

Aug 12, 2020, 11:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as there is a jury involved

Aug 12, 2020, 1:57 PM

There’s always the potential for a case, even if a rock solid contract/waiver in place. Employees work in most states ‘at will’ but that doesn’t release their employer from all liability.

Re: Galloway knows

Aug 12, 2020, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Galloway knows ]

The safeties place for the players are on campus. They are being check and every precaution is being made for their safety. Cancel the season and send them home then they will most likely get the China virus or at least some of them.

Yep and those same lawyers will sue for one

Aug 12, 2020, 2:30 PM

Of these b10 and pac10 players who contract it because the league and school kicked them out of their bubble. It’s complete idiocy- you’re basically saying no biz at all should be open period. Most all programs will bankrupt if they don’t play. College sports is paycheck to paycheck and highly leveraged. People are fooled by seeing huge $ reneue and think that there is a big pot of $ just sitting there. It’s non-profit- what comes in goes right back out

Re: Galloway knows

Aug 12, 2020, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Galloway knows ]

And good luck to the lawyer who can prove where they were exposed to the virus!

Re: Why does Joey Galloway keep saying everyone will end up...

Aug 12, 2020, 10:54 AM

Because he knows these colleges are run by gutless, risk averse, science hating whimps who will fold like a cheap suit at the first negative media story. Just like almost everything else, the virus isn't causing the problem its the idiotic response.

Aug 12, 2020, 1:53 PM

Hard to believe that 5 months ago we were trying to prevent 1.5 million American corona virus deaths.

Today, if herd immunity is attainable with this thing, we're at least 40% of the way there, with 11% of the projected deaths while over counting quite generously. Yes, we got here the hard way, but we're here.

We're no longer using any objective evaluation to cancel life as we know it. We're just running scared in case the boogey man comes. By the time you see him, it's too late. So we run. And we keep running.

Aug 12, 2020, 11:01 AM

he is just upset he won't be able to talk about the ohio st. anymore this season

he's giving his opinion - i'm sure he wants the season to

Aug 12, 2020, 11:45 AM

occur and to be able to work as well

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he's giving his opinion - i'm sure he wants the season to

Aug 12, 2020, 11:48 AM

Yeah sometimes people say what they think is going to happen as opposed to what they want to happen. People who spend all of their time watching tabloid political TV may be unfamiliar with this concept.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2020, 12:21 PM

I am beginning to believe that it wont happen to the ACC and SEC. We very well may be the only two conferences playing this fall, the impact on the local economies in the south, and the amount of Television revenue the sport brings in would make it almost impossible to not at least attempt a season. If 1 single player dies from COVID,I can assure you all bets are off.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will advertisers risk millions on an uncertain season?

Aug 12, 2020, 1:36 PM

In an uncertain economic environment?

Truly IDK but historical revenue models may not hold true in 2020. B1G and PAC sitting it out don’t help national marketing initiatives.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2020, 1:47 PM

Because he thinks they will cancel the season.

Cuz He's a B*tch***

Aug 12, 2020, 2:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic