Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why does ESPN think USC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,292

Why does ESPN think USC

Nov 22, 2016, 10:56 PM

Has any chance of making the playoffs? I really don't understand. In my opinion, the committee would literally be discounting the first half of the season. There are at least 10 teams I believe deserve a playoff berth over them.

Responses please, I've read plenty of articles and still searching for a valid answer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why does ESPN think USC

Nov 22, 2016, 11:10 PM

Mistening to the rankings show to me Herbie was the only one that seemed to have a biner for them. But it was a significant one. Rece Davis thought the arguement was lacking and Greg McElroy, who I'm starting to like more and more, smashed that train of thought.

They are a blue blood, they've been playing great, but they've lost 3 games. Buhbye! See ya next year!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One reason: It makes for good television

Nov 22, 2016, 11:11 PM

They have to fill air time on the tv, radio, online. Another talking point to add to the discussion. ESPN would be dumb not to talk about USC. Fills the time and then people like you and I start talking about it. Mission accomplished.

Failures of before unseen epic proportions would have to happen to the team's ranked ahead of USC for them to make it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think they mean that USC has a shot.

Nov 22, 2016, 11:15 PM

I think they believe USC looks like one of the best teams in the country like now based on the recent performances alone. But I think they believe the three losses will keep them out of the playoffs.

Re: I don't think they mean that USC has a shot.

Nov 22, 2016, 11:24 PM

Herbie was almost saying they should be there. Especially if its a 4 "best teams" discussion vs most deserving. Best is WAY too subjective because of the all mighty "eye test".

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but it sounded to be like a big *IF* from him.***

Nov 23, 2016, 1:28 AM

We should only look at the last two games

Nov 23, 2016, 8:03 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't think they mean that USC has a shot. ]

apply the eye test and pick the best 4 teams regardless of inconvenient losses during the first 8 games

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2016, 11:22 PM

any team that loses 3 games in a season can not and should not be in any playoff discussion.....only ESPN clowns would comment on something that stupid.....Go Tigers!!!

It was an hour show and only 1 upset

Nov 22, 2016, 11:24 PM

So they pulled a Seinfeld and did a show about nothing.

Nov 22, 2016, 11:37 PM

No shame in espn's game, they realize what there doing, its entertainment. They have no shot, 3 losses says it all, the cfp committee will never let that happen.

Nov 23, 2016, 7:52 AM

Pandering to a very large alum/fanbase. That is all . They have 3 losses and may end up with 4 or 5 , although they have been on a hot streak as of late and the frosh QB Darnold looks to be a really good one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oklahoma State is getting the shaft IMO

Nov 23, 2016, 8:00 AM

They really only have one true loss as the refs blatantly blew the last play which resulted in the decisive TD of one of their losses. There was even some discussion of reversing the decision. IMHO with a situation like that on the last play the committee should have to discount that loss. With that being said I don't think they are playoff material but in the words of that famed scholar Tony Romo, football is a meritocracy

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2016, 8:09 AM

Because Louisville lost and they need a replacement... I just thought it would be Oklahoma.

They have NO chance....

Nov 23, 2016, 8:22 AM

but E$PN still thinks the Trojans are currently playing as well as any team in the country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

They likely won't win their division....

Nov 23, 2016, 9:25 AM

Colorado can clinch that this weekend....they are ahead of USC in the rankings too.
USC is a team that has gotten better, but they are also a 2 loss team that might not win their division...plenty of those hanging around still.
Now if Colorado falters and USC wins the Pac 12, they'll be in the same conversation as the other 2 loss champions (Big12, maybe Big10).
A lot could happen this week

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,292
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic