Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: Controversial final call in Clemson's 59-58 ACC Tournament loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

TNET: WATCH: Controversial final call in Clemson's 59-58 ACC Tournament loss

Mar 13, 2019, 3:29 PM

WATCH: Controversial final call in Clemson's 59-58 ACC Tournament loss

Clemson suffered another heartbreaking one-point loss to North Carolina State this season with Wednesday's 59-58 loss in the ACC Tournament. The foul call with Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WATCH: Poor Coaching and Recruitin Typical of brown L Tenure***

Mar 13, 2019, 3:31 PM

Re: WATCH: Poor Coaching and Recruitin Typical of brown L Tenure***

Mar 13, 2019, 5:14 PM

Sigh! Same excuses,same results. But I don't follow it, and really don't care.

So when was the last time your c0cks beat Clemson?

Mar 13, 2019, 5:41 PM

At football or basketball for that matter?

Why does...

Mar 13, 2019, 7:16 PM

Why does everyone on here assume that because someone has an objective, dissenting, sometimes unpopular opinion that they're a sakerlina fan? I simply don't get it.

Re: Why does...

Mar 13, 2019, 10:30 PM

I agree with you 100%. He took Purnell’s players to the dance twice. Only after selling out by allowing juco transfers, and major late transfers did he build a sweet 16 team. I want to see the Men’s B-ball succeed as much as anyone. But, coach B isn’t the man to do it. I was one of the first to call for Hatfield’s job. You don’t lose to UVA. We never had! He had Fords National Championship caliber team, and backed into a 10 win season. I call it like it is. I don’t cheerlead for an under performing player either. I was called a Coot for pointing out Lawrence needed to start over KB after two games. I posted the NFL QBR weekly, and even then Bryant had his cheerleaders. Don’t get me wrong, I like Bryant. But, there’s no way he is leading anyone to a title. Maybe as a RB2, or slot receiver. We need new blood coaching men’s basketball. Someone who can recruit against Duke, and NC. Before anyone says we can’t compete against them. I point to Dabo Swinney. I was one who doubted the hire at first. I’m his biggest fan now. Dabo can recruit against anyone in any market. We need that in men’s basketball. Lee is rebuilding what Wilhelm used to have here, as Leggett let it slip a bit. People confuse criticism of a coach with lack of school loyalty, and spirit. My wife can attest to my orange & purple blood! My orange & purple man Cave. The ridiculous amount of Clemson memorabilia & clothing. The chrome Tiger Paw on the tailgate of my Chevy truck, and large orange paw on the back window. Sometimes, changes need to be made. Brownell has played his role at Clemson. I equate him to Tommy Bowden. He did some good things. But, has kinda hit a wall. He can’t quite turn that corner. All that said: we are living in the golden age of Tiger sports! The football team is just amazing. The women’s basketball team is on its way up. The baseball team is red hot. The soccer team is A+. The basketball program isn’t broken. It just needs a remix. I’ve never been more proud to be a Tiger than I am now! 15and0range days are really cool as well! Go Tigers!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2019, 11:13 PM

I actually don't know what to do about basketball but I do know this.Nobody is going to take advice on what to do about basketball from someone who doesn't know Brownell only took Purnell players to the NCAA tournement ONCE and apparently doesn't realize we haven't taken JUCO players in over 20 years. Its important to actually know what you're talking about before you try to fix it.

Mar 14, 2019, 4:59 PM

You are just going to confuse people if you start using facts.
This is social media, facts do not have any relevance here.

Mar 14, 2019, 10:23 PM

Yes, I keep forgetting!

cannon never has a legitimate

Mar 14, 2019, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Why does... ]

"objective, dissenting, or sometimes unpopular opinion". He's a known coot ..his elevator doesn't go to the top floor actually. So there's that.

Were the other 13 controversial as well?

Mar 13, 2019, 3:33 PM

2-14

Re: TNET: WATCH: Controversial final call in Clemson's 59-58 ACC Tournament loss

Mar 13, 2019, 3:40 PM

Terrible call. Not saying it is right, but normally on the last shot it has to be a very obvious foul for the ref to call it and even then it is rare.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yawn... tobacco road refs... needed NC State fans to show up

Mar 13, 2019, 3:43 PM

for the next game to fill the seats, buy parking and lunch from the businesses in NC

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

There is a good chance we both get in if State wins, there

Mar 14, 2019, 5:20 PM

was zero chance of getting both teams in if we won, the ACC went for the double bid and put it's fixit crew in, TV Teddy and Ayers...Putting Luckie on that crew would have made it too obvious

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: Controversial final call in Clemson's 59-58 ACC Tournament loss

Mar 13, 2019, 3:45 PM

Just wow. Obviously Clemson has to play better but if you blow the whistle that part of the game you better make D.A.M.N sure you see the foul. That ref had no view of the play because of the bodies in his way. He made a "it looked like a foul" call instead of "it was a foul" call. This is why the NBA is unwatchable and you have a jackhat like this ref with the fate of basketball teams in his hand. Regardless if it should have came to that or not, it did and you can't take the game out of the hands of the players. As fans, players, students, alumni, coaches, the university I think we are all due an explanation of why he called and what he seen. Refs in all leagues need to start being accountable. If you are able to screw over teams then you should be able to explain why you called what you called. You can't even complain about them as a coach or players without getting into trouble and too me that inboldens these guys to not be accountable for mistakes. I'd like to hear it from the horse's mouth.

Mar 13, 2019, 4:54 PM

Terrible call but not surprised! Let the players play especially on the last shot!!!

Mar 13, 2019, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Controversial final call in Clemson's 59-58 ACC Tournament loss ]

I agree about that call, and that coaches, especially, should be able to question, or ask for a review of the call. However, there is no excuse for losing that game. Clemson's offense has been somewhat inconsistent this season. How long do we put up with mediocrity? Last year was great, but how many NCAA Tournament appearances does Clemson have in the last ten years? Perhaps I am a bit frustrated, and maybe my expectations are too high, but we need better in basketball. Is the answer a new coach? I don't know. This season reminds me Tommy Bowden's last couple of years. I don't want to see this continue. Don't think anyone does.

Mar 13, 2019, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Controversial final call in Clemson's 59-58 ACC Tournament loss ]

This is why I don;t like basketball. The officiating has not kept up with the game. Officials don't know the difference between a charge and a block, they call touch fouls one minute and watch players landing on the floor the next and call nothing. It is just too inconsistent. Let's play football, baseball, soccer, tennis, or whatever. We sure as heck can't play basketball. I agree, it should never have come down to this, but it did and we got ripped.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This loss is not on the referees.***

Mar 13, 2019, 3:45 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This loss is not on the referees.***

Mar 13, 2019, 4:10 PM

Dead wrong. There were so many controversial calls that the referees did intervene in the outcome...why else did you raise the subject? Maybe the worst refereed game I've ever seen. Even the announcers made a mention of the inconsistency. The game is in the books, but the refs are shamed IMO. ACC fairness is no longer in doubt.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Evweything that happened before that last call

Mar 13, 2019, 5:01 PM [ in reply to This loss is not on the referees.*** ]

Is irrelevant compared to what happened on that last call. That last call absolutely cost us the game.

Mar 13, 2019, 3:55 PM

there isnt a controversial call if you take care of business. blowing the lead by throwing up threes early in the clock instead of working for a good shot. as good as we shoot ft's the guards could have driven it and drawn fouls. stupid play down the stretch. if we're out we deserve to be based on how we looked at crunch time today

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2019, 4:09 PM

I did a start stop on about every other frame, I didn't see the foul, not with his feet or with his hands, so it had to be from the way he was looking at the guy, and we already know that they will make the rules up to fit their actions, just like in the Pitt game a few years ago, and they get away with it. I think that a lot of what they do, they do it bc they know they won't get any objections from Brownell when they do what ever they do....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2019, 4:14 PM

So the last play of the UNC game was a no call, but this one was a call? If you’re playing a pedigree ACC basketball team, you will NEVER get favorable whistles. Several phantom calls. But you can’t go 10 mins without a basket. C’mon football season.

Mar 13, 2019, 4:40 PM

Exactly right. This is why I don't like basketball. The calls are apparently SO subjective.

If you don't like Clemson basketball don't watch

Mar 13, 2019, 4:56 PM

and shut up

Re: If you don't like Clemson basketball don't watch

Mar 13, 2019, 5:24 PM

I don't watch, and will gladly shut up. Not a matter that is of any concern to me. Trend will continue---losing. Don't care.

Losing? LOL

Mar 13, 2019, 5:42 PM

Your team is 0-fer its last 5 against us.

Thumbs up, in football and basketball. Clown.

Re: Losing? LOL

Mar 13, 2019, 8:21 PM

Go back to talking basketball, stalker/troll.

He's contributed more to this board than you have.

Re: If you don't like Clemson basketball don't watch

Mar 13, 2019, 9:34 PM [ in reply to If you don't like Clemson basketball don't watch ]

I don't watch and I won't shut up until Brownell is gone. We need a coach who knows how to get a team through the rough patches. We lost how many games by 1 or 2 points? Six? Unreal. Coach K. and Roy Williams would be fired for that kind of performance. But we give the guy an extended contract because he gets us to the NCAAs one year out of what? 10. That just doesn't work for a guy making that kind of money.

Mar 13, 2019, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Controversial final call in Clemson's 59-58 ACC Tournament loss ]

You guys know much more about basketball than I will ever know but I have to disagree with the remarks abut officiating. It was obvious in this game that the foul calls or no foul calls greatly affected the flow of the game The Tigers certainly had control of this game at one point but the inconsistency in the way the game was called directly had a negative effect on the tempo of the game It is extremely difficult for a coach to make in game adjustments to compendate for this kind of change. With that said, scoring 16 points in a half doesn’t get lt!

Mar 13, 2019, 4:54 PM

Let’s say this exact scenario happens but the defenders jersey has “Duke” or “North Carolina” on the front. Do you think the ref blows his whistle? That’s how you know it was a bad call. I watched the 2:45 recap video above and saw 20 instances of a player guarding the man with the ball making more contact than on the last play but no whistle blew. Again, that’s how you know that particular call was a bad call. Really makes me appreciate how good a job the refs did in the Natty this year. A well officiated game was a pleasure to watch.

Mar 13, 2019, 8:31 PM

The Natty was "well-officiated" because we are, except for Renfrow, now playing Bama's physical style in the passing game.

When their DBs tried to grab, hold and mug our WRs, we got no calls. So our guys swiped free and pushed back. No calls. When Ross shoved himself free, and Smith went down, it cost Bama an easy TD. No calls. When you live by physical play, you die by it. But you're right, it was well-officiated, probably because it was uncontested.

(IMO, hell will freeze before Renfrow intentionally breaks a rule.)

WOW! The call on Thomas was a joke, but

Mar 13, 2019, 5:00 PM

The call on Trapp was one of the shadiest, worst calls I have ever seen at any level. Trapp didnt come close to fouling, and the pathetic thing is - watch the call ..the ref did not make the call until it was clear the ball wasnt going in the basket.

You can say the refs didnt cost the game, but unfortunately thats exactly what happened. When you boil away all the fat, the refs made some absolutely horrible calls in the last 20 seconds, with the shady, garbage call with 2.6 seconds being the very reason we lost. Everything that happened before that exact point in time is moot.

Mar 13, 2019, 5:29 PM

Horrible call! Refs were putrid all game!

Mar 13, 2019, 6:01 PM

The last TWO fouls were terrible. The previous one that fouled Thomas out was not a foul. Look again and see the guy slipped after going around Thomas- almost no contact.

Mar 13, 2019, 6:41 PM

the one ref who doesn't have an angle on the play calls the foul..... interesting.

Yea Brad's a terrible coach. He clearly doesn't win the bidding war with the refs.

Mar 13, 2019, 8:43 PM

I agree with many of the posts. I was not a ticky-tack call, or a 'let the players play.' THERE WAS NO FOUL !!

Also, the refs did cost us the game. There will always be close games that go to the last shot. Basketball games, except if one team is way outclassed, ussually have a series of runs by both teams. Although it does happen, it's a rare game where the teams trade 2 pt leads throughout the game. So the Tigers giving up a big lead in the 2nd half happens to every team. So yea, it was the refs.

By the way, I am not a homer who thinks every call against us is a bad call.

Mar 13, 2019, 11:27 PM

Me either! I'm honest with calls. I believe the game should be called both ways. When I watch other conference games I don't get the same vibe by the refs as I get watching Clemson play a NC school. It's different. It's like watching a curse being performed. Bad call after bad call, missed travels, stiff arms are legal, since when did 3 second calls come back... Oh yea for our game of course. I can't ignore that NCState came out hacking and jumping on our backs to get balls 2nd half. A few times I watched them do that on our inbounds play. That's called a reach in and over the back. Yet today it was fair game. Clemson had to shed blood to grab a call on their end, yet NCState was busy flopping and faking neck breaks to buy calls. I really hope our university plans to file complaints on this crew and acc officials as a whole. I'm sick of watching it every year. Refs play a huge part in the game and people overlook that. I felt like Brownell called the right timeouts and tried to get his guys going. We just couldn't make shots here and there. But yet again we were winning with 3 seconds to go. Clemson was robbed

Mar 14, 2019, 5:40 AM

This call didn’t cost us this game. You have to score more than 7 points in the last 15 minutes!

Mar 14, 2019, 12:27 PM

What I want to know is why don't we have a better play than a shot from mid-court with 2.6 seconds left?

Mar 14, 2019, 3:31 PM

That was absolutely one of the worst calls I have ever seen. The refs need to be reprimanded for that garbage!!

The games should not have even come down to this call. . .

Mar 14, 2019, 8:29 PM

Play like champions and this game would have been over in the first 5 minutes of the second half.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic