Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why did Dabo say all Summer that Sammy...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,281

Why did Dabo say all Summer that Sammy...

Aug 3, 2012, 6:45 PM

Was doing the right thing then suspend him for the first game? Seems like the maximum unless Dabo was going to kick him off the team if he wouldn't have done the things this summer. Can the BOT say it's too much and make it less? That would take some of the heat off from the media.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why did Dabo say all Summer that Sammy...

Aug 3, 2012, 7:00 PM

Yeah, that's just what we need . micro managing from the BOT. Suck it up, we're not usc.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dabo done what he thought was

Aug 3, 2012, 7:02 PM

Right. If Sammy had not completed what was askem it possibly could have been six games. The world is not ending for the game with Auburn. Remember we are WR-U

Because he walks the walk, lays down the law, don't give

Aug 3, 2012, 7:01 PM

no quarter and a bunch of other cliched ######## that's apparently making the rest of the Clemson fan base feel good about this decision.

You're right, what was the baseline if Sammy *didn't* do all the extra off-season ########? Six games? A year? What kind of incentive is that for the next guy who gets in trouble to follow the program? "Just jump through all these hoops like a show dog and you'll only get 1/6th of your season taken away!"

I'd go on but I have to go say seven Hail Howard's as penance for my doubting Saint Swinney, patron saint of insurance salesmen and people who rise above their station.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because he walks the walk, lays down the law, don't give

Aug 3, 2012, 7:11 PM

if you think dabo came down too hard on sammy, i would say,also, that you just came down a little too hard on dabo. 1 game, imo, was about right, but dabo is the coach, and he did what he felt was right. i'll go along with his judgement, just as sammy will. at least everyone knows he doesn't play favorites.

I no longer get paid to not question authority, sorry.***

Aug 3, 2012, 7:12 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree Dabo went way over the top with this!

Aug 3, 2012, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Because he walks the walk, lays down the law, don't give ]

Over zealous to say the least!!

The incentive is to not get in trouble in the first place!

Aug 3, 2012, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Because he walks the walk, lays down the law, don't give ]

nm

Aug 3, 2012, 7:05 PM

If he had not done the right things he should have been kicked off the team.
It's more about the shaping of young men than the winning of football games.
Just my opinion.
You don't want a Garcia here do you?

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Aug 3, 2012, 7:06 PM

1 game is about right,2, in my estimation,is a little stiff. i know the first one is auburn,but,sammy's teammates will step it up a notch to pick-up the slack. i feel sammy is one of the most popular players (from a teammates standpoint) that we have, and the others won't let him down. everyone has made a mistake,and they will not let us lose,just so sammy doesn't feel worse than he already does.

You really want the BOT involved in football?***

Aug 3, 2012, 7:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,281
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic