Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why Texas A&M could beat Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Why Texas A&M could beat Alabama

Sep 20, 2018, 10:23 PM

1. Subpar Defense. This is not the typical Bama defense. They are super thin at LB, they don't have a true pass rusher this season and they have a young and inexperienced secondary.

2. On offense, Bama's weakness is their Oline. A good group on paper but they are allowing penetration and hasn't been playing with intensity.

3. Mediocre special teams unit. It's 2018 and Nick Saban still doesn't have a kicker. Punting hasn't been good either.

This will be Bama's first real test and TAMU will give them all they can handle. I'm expect Jimbo to throw the kitchen sink at them. Mond and their WRs are Bama's weakness. It's going to be interesting to see how we stack up against a common opponent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why Texas A&M could beat Alabama

Sep 20, 2018, 10:28 PM

They would need Hurts and Tua to be unavailable to play to have a real chance imo.

Sep 21, 2018, 8:10 AM

They are beatable dude. You people act like it is impossible for a team to beat them. They have played nobody!

Sep 21, 2018, 8:36 AM

They are beatable, but not tomorrow by Texas A&M on the road in Tuscaloosa. Bama is favored by 27 for a reason. I will be very surprised if the Aggies keep it within 14.

Sep 21, 2018, 8:43 AM

It is going to be interesting to see how Bama does against a team that has some talent. I'm not saying A&M will win but I also don't think they have just no chance at all. Mond will have to play great, get a little luck, and their D has to put Tua on his butt and stuff the run. Much easier said than done lol. I don't think Bama just walks all over them like they have been teams. Maybe a 31-14 type game but I'm hoping A&M finds something special.

Sep 21, 2018, 8:49 AM

I think if we played A&M in DV in a couple of weeks we would beat them by a couple TD's for sure. That was a unique situation we went into where it was close. I think A&M will be really good in a couple of years, but I don't think they are there yet. Our game vs them was just an odd game.

Sep 21, 2018, 4:18 PM

I agree with ya. A&M has top 15 talent tho and a dang good coach now. I think they keep it close against them.

That ain't happening

Sep 20, 2018, 10:52 PM

No way no how. Who wants odds and $ ?

A & M won't sniff within 3 td's minimum... likely 5.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That ain't happening

Sep 20, 2018, 10:54 PM

The spread is Bama -27.

Sep 21, 2018, 7:11 AM

It’s at 27 because the betting public has put money on Bama. The original line set by the smart people in Vegas was only 24. So the Aggies have that going for them..... sort of....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2018, 8:39 AM

24 or even 27. Who cares? It's a mismatch. I have Bama on a 3 team 10 point teaser -15 though. I wish it were -13, but whatever. Here is my bet so you will know if I lost.

Cleveland Browns +7 W
Bama -15
Clemson -6.5

Sep 21, 2018, 1:39 PM

That was sarcasm. I thought that was obvious.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2018, 2:36 PM

Sorry. I just left the political board and my sarcasm meter was broken for a bit.

Sep 20, 2018, 11:23 PM

Tua will drop 50 on aTm.

Sep 21, 2018, 7:25 AM

Tua has not faced a secondary with the range and speed of TAMU. If he plays as wild as he has been, I expect some int’s.

Bama will continue to run up the score on teams...

Sep 20, 2018, 11:26 PM

Saban didn't like begging to get his team in last season after a loss.

He's making the case to be a one-loss team in if it comes to that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2018, 11:32 PM

That one blonde headed black dude is a beast.

Based on our escape with A&M, let's hope Bama

Sep 21, 2018, 12:13 AM

does not rout them. If they do, it will make us look worse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Based on our escape with A&M, let's hope Bama

Sep 21, 2018, 8:35 AM

Anyone that watched that game, and repeatedly saw holding not called on TAM, and all the INT's that either were just off the finger tips of our guys or thru their hands and reflected into their WR's hands, know full well that TAM had all the gods of football trying desperately to help TAM win that game. CLEMSON beat TAM and all the gods of football that night.

Re: Based on our escape with A&M, let's hope Bama

Sep 21, 2018, 4:33 PM

AGREE , I was there , Texas A & M was not holding the Power Rangers , They were Tackeling Them!!!!

Sep 21, 2018, 12:25 AM

I don’t eat where they have a subpar defense. That Thompson kid is killing it in there secondary. Linebackers looked good to me for backups. They gave up 14, 7, 7. Pretty good to me.

A&M got so friggin' lucky against Clemson...

Sep 21, 2018, 12:31 AM

it was ridiculous, and I won't even get into the numerous holding penalties on the A&M OL that were simply ignored by the officiating crew.

Jimbo didn't have all spring and summer to prepare like he did for Clemson so unless that golden horseshoe is still stuck up A&M's a$$, Bama is going to win this game going away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 21, 2018, 6:49 AM

Here's a few other reasons:

A.) Alabama lacks defensive depth across the board.

B.) The only reason why Alabama looks good on paper is because Nick Saban keeps his starters in for the entire game to pad stats.

C.) Alabama struggles against a mobile quarterback against a spread offense. Especially if they run tempo.

D.) Alabama doesn't pose much of a threat in their passing game. They are a run early and often offensive unit. Texas A&M held up really well against our ground attack.

There's a chance the Aggies can come away with an upset. LSU, UGA, MISS ST, and of course Auburn stands a shot at beating Alabama this season. If Alabama beats them all then they just may have a battle tested team that could destroy even Clemson. Nobody will beat Alabama if they beat their conference schedule this season. Then again, I never underestimate Clemson. It just seems as if our defense isn't as violent or aggressive as they've been in the past. Our secondary lacks depth due to inexperience, and our offense seems to be struggling to discover it's identity this season. I can trust the process, but if we make it all the way to the Title game and Bama wins it would have been a waste this season because of the amount of experience and talent we have across the roster as a whole. Definitely the most talented roster in Clemson History and it would be a huge disappointment if we did not win it all this year and go 15-0. Our conference schedule sets up quite nicely for it.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Sep 21, 2018, 8:00 AM

Here's a few other reasons:

A.) Alabama lacks defensive depth across the board.

B.) The only reason why Alabama looks good on paper is because Nick Saban keeps his starters in for the entire game to pad stats.

C.) Alabama struggles against a mobile quarterback against a spread offense. Especially if they run tempo.

D.) Alabama doesn't pose much of a threat in their passing game. They are a run early and often offensive unit. Texas A&M held up really well against our ground attack.

There's a chance the Aggies can come away with an upset. LSU, UGA, MISS ST, and of course Auburn stands a shot at beating Alabama this season. If Alabama beats them all then they just may have a battle tested team that could destroy even Clemson. Nobody will beat Alabama if they beat their conference schedule this season. Then again, I never underestimate Clemson. It just seems as if our defense isn't as violent or aggressive as they've been in the past. Our secondary lacks depth due to inexperience, and our offense seems to be struggling to discover it's identity this season. I can trust the process, but if we make it all the way to the Title game and Bama wins it would have been a waste this season because of the amount of experience and talent we have across the roster as a whole. Definitely the most talented roster in Clemson History and it would be a huge disappointment if we did not win it all this year and go 15-0. Our conference schedule sets up quite nicely for it.

A. True. We have very limited reserves this year. Injuries even before the season started.

B. He'll keep A starter in to control defensive shifts. Our "defensive QB" to direct all the new kids that are out there. But otherwise, we've consistently had 3rd and 4th string out three after the half.

C. We absolutely do. But in all fairness based on the past 3-4 years of college football, everyone does.

D. Honestly, this is ridiculous. A statement like this says that you've not watched a single game this year. It honestly makes no sense at any level.

If Alabama overlooks any of those teams you listed, you're absolutely right. They will lose.

Message was edited by: Tattooguy21

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2018, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Texas A&M could beat Alabama ]

I love the way you think.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not even a bus with broken AC is going to help Texas A&M***

Sep 21, 2018, 7:04 AM

Here's one reason why they won't

Sep 21, 2018, 7:22 AM

aTm won't be allowed to tackle Bama's DL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Sep 21, 2018, 8:39 AM

A&M is going to need more of that magic they used to against Clemson where they catch every deep ball and every contested pass that is tipped goes right into their receivers hands.

May be close early but Bama being at home doesn't help. 45-17 Alabama

I'll take Bama 45-24.***

Sep 21, 2018, 1:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 21, 2018, 1:48 PM

I think the biggest thing in TAMUs favor is that they have faced a tough opponent already, Bama hasn’t. That matters. But Bama has more talent, home field advantage, and a better coach. Bama wins handily after an early struggle.

Sep 21, 2018, 2:02 PM

Let's see: Ole Miss was giving up nearly 36 ppg "Prior to meeting Bama"!
Louisville - needed a 4th qtr comeback to beat W. Kentucky.
Arkansas State -
This early you never can say if it's a quality win or not. But, no team giving up that many points(Ole Miss) and no team having to struggle with W. Kentucky(Louisville) at home are likely to give Bama a contest. L'Ville btw other game was Indiana State Sycamores. Western Kentucky the team they struggled to beat: "Winless"! Yet, Louisville put up 14 on Bama.

They are very good this article SEC-PN has shows some things: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24734837/alabama-crimson-tide-receivers-add-potent-dimension-offense

But, just like a kid ranked high b/c his competition in High School was weak - is it fools gold?

I expect Bama to win; but I am interested in seeing this game b/c I think it's the 1st resemblance of a challenge for Bama this season!
To me: doesn't mean a great deal either even if they win convincingly. Why? Because it's still September! Lots of things can change between now and "money time"! It's not about impressive blow out wins in September; "show me the money in championship season a.k.a money time"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why Texas A&M could beat Alabama - GO A&M***

Sep 21, 2018, 2:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2018, 8:41 PM

probably will not tell us a whole lot about how our program compares to Bama this season.....we played Texas A&M there and Bama gets them at home.......that is a big difference right there......Go Tigers!!!!!

Sep 21, 2018, 8:51 PM

Weather is also different and it's a couple games later too. Totally different I agree.

I could be wrong, but...

Sep 21, 2018, 9:12 PM

I think Bama is going lay the lumber on the Aggies.

Sep 21, 2018, 10:26 PM

Bama will be undefeated going into the CFP. If they lose a game, it will be in the CFP.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Sep 21, 2018, 11:09 PM

Grammar isn’t your strong suit is it?

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic