Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why I dislike USC so much
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Why I dislike USC so much

Nov 25, 2019, 2:07 PM

People ask me why I despise USC so much. In 1965 I was a junior on the Clemson football team. We played USC down in Columbia that year. I had never been to that stadium before for a game. At that time, the stands came all the way down to field level, and the Clemson dressing room was in the same corner of the stadium as was the USC student section. Prior to taking the field, everyone was told to keep your helmet on, and your chin strap buckled. When we came out of the tunnel, we had every thing throne at us that you could imagine. I remember going back thru the portal at half time, I was walking next to Coach Howard. We had people coming up and spitting on us. They were especially trying to get to Coach Howard. I am in my 70's now, and I can still see the hatred on those students faces.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did they have the Song Girls back then tho?***

Nov 25, 2019, 2:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Not a big fan of left coast football in general...

Nov 25, 2019, 2:34 PM

but the Song Girls certainly make it more tolerable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Not a big fan of left coast football in general...

Nov 25, 2019, 4:59 PM

they all have very nice ...pom poms.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those might not all be real pom poms, but they do go to

Nov 25, 2019, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Not a big fan of left coast football in general... ]

the REAL USC!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did you do othe walk of champions then too

Nov 25, 2019, 2:14 PM

;)

Re: Why I dislike USC so much

Nov 25, 2019, 2:15 PM

I can not for the life of me understand how a claimed "fan base" can hate another team more than they care about their own team. They are an awful team that has had zero history. Literally. Yet they act like it's WWIII every time they step on the field against us then they screech and scream throw and even cry throughout the thing to then say, well you're in the ACC like it's an insult after the beat down. They wonder why they have a failing program well it starts right at the center with the students and alumni being taught to hate Clemson more than they care about their own university.

One of the many reasons why...

Nov 25, 2019, 2:19 PM

they'll never be anything more than a middling perennial doormat.

They are far more concerned about Clemson than their own program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of the many reasons why...

Nov 25, 2019, 3:08 PM

Didn’t Spurlid jerk off all the “Beat Clemson” signs in their locker room?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Yes...and then...

Nov 25, 2019, 3:47 PM

he put-up a bunch of photos of All-Americans who played for him at Florida since uof5c really didn't have any.

In fact, I believe Lou did the same thing but with Notre Dame players.

Well, shufferin' shoucotash!

Nov 25, 2019, 6:50 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2019, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Why I dislike USC so much ]

Cootland be ike a prison, you fear the other inmates and the guards, but also;hate the guards.

So what you are saying is that they happened

Nov 25, 2019, 2:24 PM

to be on their best behavior that day?

Nov 25, 2019, 2:54 PM

USC is the University of Southern California. Not South Carolina ... Know what the H#ll you're talking about before posting

Some are nice, but a lot of them do seem like they

Nov 25, 2019, 2:56 PM

have some sort of flaw that draws them to that. It's an awful culture.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2019, 3:08 PM

Who calls them USC? This is the real USC & they got a lot going for them

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic