Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why DJ might not pick tigers..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 79
| visibility 1

Why DJ might not pick tigers..

May 4, 2019, 4:07 PM

Before I'm burned at the stake by tigernet please keep in mind your christian values and grant me the dignity of (at least) reading the post before condemning it completely.

Now I may be wrong, but my gut feeling is that DJ will pick oregon for the following reasons:

1. He will be the big man on campus from day 1 starting tomorrow. Oregon does not recruit the caliber of players clemson does. If he picks oregon he will be an instant celebrity, a monster fish in a tiny pond. It will be HIS program from the get-go.

2. Instant playing time. If he picks Clemson he's waiting at least 1 year, more like 2 b/c I think Brice will start his redshirt senior year.

3. Closer to home, west coast. DJ made it pretty clear that being close to family is huge. While Clemson has a family atmosphere unlike any other, I still don't think he's willing to go across the country and then, as I said earlier, wait a few years to get the starting job.

4. Oregon has a history of polynesian QB's, think mariotta and masoli. I don't think this would be a huge factor, but in a tight race I think it very well could push him to oregon.

Yes DJ, we would be over the moon if you come to Clemson, but here's why we're not screwed if you don't go our way.

1.TL obviously has 2 more years with us, lets enjoy those years and not take him for granted

2. Chase Brice is fixing to be the starter should he stick it out until his redshirt senior year and should TL leave early. And make no mistake, I think we could beat any team in the country with a seasoned Chase Brice at the helm.

3. Taisun ain't no slouch. Is he Deshaun? No, but nobody is or will ever be. So far he's got all the measureables and the right attitude. Give him a few more years and there's no telling how well he may develop. Which leads me to my last point..

4. We have enough talent at QB that if we miss on DJ we have plenty of time to recruit another talented QB in the next class without freaking out.

Just my humble take, we'll see what happens tomorrow. Feel free to critique me, just keep it civil please

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh boy...

May 4, 2019, 4:08 PM

And here comes the Ducky trolls...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh boy...

May 4, 2019, 4:10 PM

Yup, 1st post wasn't exactly a winner.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh boy...

May 4, 2019, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Oh boy... ]

After tomorrow, you’ll never hear from this goober again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I scanned it quickly...and loved it when he said,"We" at the

May 4, 2019, 5:53 PM

end....I felt like he was a duck, until that momemt.

Umm Spud....

May 4, 2019, 7:57 PM

How do you know that it's a he?....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Umm Spud....

May 5, 2019, 6:08 AM

why you got a bama logo?

Re: Umm Spud....

May 5, 2019, 9:08 AM

That's the Braves' logo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

They're the Alabama Braves?***

May 5, 2019, 9:38 AM

Re: Why DJ might not pick tigers..

May 4, 2019, 4:12 PM

Have fun with another 7-6 season

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

he has already picked the Tigers

May 4, 2019, 4:13 PM

The "official" announcement is tomorrow

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2019, 4:14 PM

You got (1) one Post on here! If you write like a Duck, Quack like a Duck - Well your a DUCK!!! Its DJ's decision and he will be just fine regardless of his Choice!!! He is a WINNER regardless of the College he attends!!!!! Now get off Tigernet!!!!!!11

Who’s scok is this?

May 4, 2019, 4:14 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Superduck51....***

May 4, 2019, 5:53 PM

Great, another fowl to deal with

May 4, 2019, 4:15 PM

*eatspopcorn.gif

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2019, 4:16 PM

On the other hand he might like nice weather and winning.

I don’t even know what state Oregon is in.***

May 4, 2019, 4:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I don’t even know what state Oregon is in.***

May 4, 2019, 4:18 PM

Duplicate.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

May 4, 2019, 4:19 PM [ in reply to I don’t even know what state Oregon is in.*** ]

I am pretty sure it's in Washington.

May 4, 2019, 4:27 PM

If not Washington - then it’s definitely in Idaho - or ... maybe Nevada ... or ... I don’t know - totally confused now ......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 4, 2019, 4:51 PM

It's in one of the 52 states. It's in one of the lower 50 states.

May 4, 2019, 5:33 PM

Thanks- Carlsbad - that narrows it down !! -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 4, 2019, 4:19 PM [ in reply to I don’t even know what state Oregon is in.*** ]

Obviously in a state of denial.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 4, 2019, 4:24 PM

If I am wrong I will let the tigernet forums baste me in an orange glaze and roast me in the oven. 400 degrees for 30 minutes for those of you who like their duck breast medium-rare.

However I'm just posing some points I think are valid, we must be prepared if he does not choose clemson.

I am the voice of one crying out in the desert.

May 4, 2019, 4:26 PM

We must be prepared if he doesn't choose Clemson?

May 4, 2019, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I don’t even know what state Oregon is in.*** ]

If you came on admitted you were a duckie, it would have been ok, but you came with this "we" crap, much like a coot would do.

May 4, 2019, 4:43 PM

Don't be mistaken, if DJ wants to be a tiger I hope we get him. More than anything I'm just trying to raise some points, mainly that we are not in a bad position if he chooses to go elsewhere...

May 4, 2019, 5:22 PM

Once you are down here, Duck, don't try to get back up. It never ends well. Just move on...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, WE won the ####### national championship this year.

May 4, 2019, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I don’t even know what state Oregon is in.*** ]

We know we are not in a bad position...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She literally has duck in her name...don’t think she’s trying to anything.***

May 4, 2019, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I don’t even know what state Oregon is in.*** ]

May 4, 2019, 4:53 PM [ in reply to I don’t even know what state Oregon is in.*** ]

everyone should know it's in the Viceroyalty of New Spain.

Found it, FM!

May 5, 2019, 4:38 AM [ in reply to I don’t even know what state Oregon is in.*** ]

http://cityoforegon.org/

It is the “Gem of the Rock River Valley.”

That’s gonna be tuff to beat!

~JKB

May 4, 2019, 4:22 PM

DJs dad was seen many times and even posted a recording of himself calling Clemson commits/players DJs teammates and “future OL” and “Your OL”.. hopefully it’s Clemson also DJ will play year one. Not starter but we’re talking 15-20 passes a game possibly with how Clemson loves to rotate.... he won’t be “waiting”

May 4, 2019, 6:02 PM

Lol. When has a back up qb ever thrown 15-20 passes a game for us?

Don’t pretend there’s going to be another KB-TL situation again, where they alternate every other series. The only reason Dabo did that was so he didn’t hurt KBs feelings. He knew what he had in TL all along, and knew he would be the starter after the fourth game. That won’t happen with TL and DJU in 2020.

TL,DR

Seriously though, he may very well be a duck, Clemson isn’t for everybody. That’s fine. If he’s as good as people seem to think, then we may get a chance to play him in the playoffs soon...

Re: TL,DR

May 4, 2019, 4:37 PM

He won’t have any other players around him. PAC12 is definitely down and I don’t see a power house team coming from out west any time soon. If he goes to oregon then good luck. If he comes to Clemson then welcome to the family and it’s time to get to work.

We don't have a list of things to offer but we do have one and it has served us well for over 100 years.

1. The Clemson experience !!!!!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2019, 4:25 PM

I think you laid out good points that could land him at Oregon. I’m sure, like he said, they’re going over the pros and cons and then he’ll make his mind up.

However, I don’t think he’s concerned about competition and I don’t read him as being concerned over bmoc. So I don’t think either of those will play into his consideration.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DJ has already picked the Tigers

May 4, 2019, 4:26 PM

Tomorrow is his official announcement of his verbal commitment to Clemson. After five days in Tigertown, his silent commitment was obvious. Oregon presented a good case to attend there but his heart is on Clemson. He will compete and be a winner here and grow to be a solid NFL QB.

LBB posted recently his feeeelings about O vs CU, and

May 4, 2019, 4:29 PM

he said it’s going to be....

Ducks.

Quack-Quack! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2019, 4:29 PM

He is going to Clemson 100%. That post was a waste of time.

May 4, 2019, 4:40 PM

I have a good recipe for roast duckling. If someone can catch him and clean him(Yuck), I will roast him at a tailgate.

May 4, 2019, 4:49 PM

I am prepared to die with honor if I am wrong.

However, I would prefer to be baked in an orange glaze as stated earlier, not deep fried.

May 4, 2019, 4:53 PM

We are in the south. The best food is fried!!!!!

May 4, 2019, 4:42 PM

Or...he picks Clemson and you’re dead wrong. Tomorrow is going to be a real disappointing day for you Ducky

I Smell a Shamecock Troll!

May 4, 2019, 4:46 PM

Pathetic!

Re: I Smell a Shamecock Troll!

May 4, 2019, 4:55 PM

How rude! and incorrect...

May 4, 2019, 4:50 PM

DJ has stated, and made it clear, that his decision is more of a business decision. One where winning and competing for titles will play a pivotal role and influence his decision. Titles and rings will outweigh a lot of the other areas, such as becoming the starter from day one.

DJ has great awareness about him. Tremendous character.
When the Netflix show QB1 was featuring Re-al Mitchell, the St. John's Bosco coaching staff and DJ never wanted the spotlight shifted from Mitchell to DJ once he took the starting spot. He's a humble person and his parents have done a magnificent job of raising him.

I read an article where his dad, big Dave, said that DJ kept him from pushing for DJ to become the starter because he knew he had more to learn and it would only make it harder for him in the long run. DJ has his sights on becoming not just a good QB, but the best Polynesian QB to ever spin the spiral.

Clemson is the best and most obvious business decision he can make.

May 4, 2019, 5:14 PM

^^^^ This! Great post.

May 4, 2019, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Why DJ might not pick tigers.. ]

Since you brought up the Qb1 show that was on Netflix, just wanted to say I hope they keep making them. I really enjoyed watching them. DJ does seem like a great kid and I sure hope he's a Tiger

May 4, 2019, 4:53 PM

I know this is a Jhop SCOK. Took some time, but this is his dirty work.

May 4, 2019, 5:00 PM

excuse me sir, but do you think a gamecock could type as eloquently as me? I think that would be giving them way too much credit. You don't have to believe I'm a tiger fan (which I am) but please don't lob the gamecock accusations at me. It's not becoming of any tiger fan. It just makes you look paranoid when you have no reason to be.

You mean “as eloquently as I.”***

May 4, 2019, 5:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You mean “as eloquently as I.”***

May 4, 2019, 5:24 PM

"me" is correct, I believe. "I" implies that the subject of the sentence would be ducklingfortune, when in fact ducklingfortune is the object of the sentence. So "me" is correct.

May 4, 2019, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Why DJ might not pick tigers.. ]

I never said you were a coot. Nice try. Nice troll. Coot. Now I am though.

May 4, 2019, 6:19 PM

You literally just called me a "jhop SCOK" whatever the heck that means...

You don't have to be my best buddy but please quit the rudeness. I'm clearly not a gamecock fan, I merely made a thread about why we might not get DJ but slso why we're still in great position for the forseeable future, so please drop it.

May 4, 2019, 5:01 PM

If you're worried about not being burned at the stake , then a bunch of Christians might not be the ones to #### off .

J/S

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

63-17, 56-7, 70-42-4!!! 3 National Championships!!***

May 4, 2019, 5:30 PM

May 4, 2019, 5:33 PM

If DJ wants to look back on his college days and enjoy the feeling of winning National Championships he knows where to go. All the Major Bowls are in play. Dabo is 116-30 as head coach.

If DJ wants to spend 2/3 of the year wearing Nike issued rain gear he knows where to go. Maybe you play in the Red Box Bowl or similar. Cristobal is 36-52 as a head coach.

May 4, 2019, 5:38 PM

turf2 said:

If DJ wants to look back on his college days and enjoy the feeling of winning National Championships he knows where to go. All the Major Bowls are in play. Dabo is 116-30 as head coach.

If DJ wants to spend 2/3 of the year wearing Nike issued rain gear he knows where to go. Maybe you play in the Red Box Bowl or similar. Cristobal is 36-52 as a head coach.

I really like the duck dish at Decoy in NYC. I think i’ll Pop in for the duck at 5:55 pm tomorrow just for the fun of it.

May 4, 2019, 5:40 PM

Spot on...good analysis. We will be fine even if he doesn't come. I would add that if he does come,we can expect at least one transfer (TP), and maybe more.

May 4, 2019, 5:40 PM

Spot on...good analysis. We will be fine even if he doesn't come. I would add that if he does come,we can expect at least one transfer (TP), and maybe more.

May 4, 2019, 6:29 PM

If He want's A chance to win A NC then
pick Clemson.
If He doesn't pick Huey, Louie, and
Dewey.

May 4, 2019, 6:50 PM

I yearn for the old days when the UofSCoots trolls were not so transparent

May 4, 2019, 7:08 PM

I just hope our recruits don't read this garbage. Some of you try to use logic that is just not logical. I wish all you recruiting gurus would simply #### and let all of this unfold. Nothing you guys say make any difference. Just hate for our recruits to read garbage like this and sometime it will get them to thinking the other way. If you don't trust our coaches by now- you should probably just change your allegiance to USUCK! Maybe you already have!

May 4, 2019, 8:42 PM

For the life of me, I cannot understand why some of you feel the need to attack anything or anyone that has an opinion different from yours...

I have said absolutely NOTHING bad against Clemson and its coaches, in fact if people would read my initial post (clearly they have not, or some of you have the IQ of a cabbage)they would see that I give praise to Clemson. The only thing I said was that DJ might not be committing to Clemson, and that our quarterback situation is absolutely stacked with Chase Brice and Taisun in the pipeline.

instead of actually acting like adults and replying with "I agree" or "I disagree and here's why..." I have people slandering me and assuming I'm a gamecock fan.

If Clemson is a great program, its because of the grace of coach Swinney and the young men he's recruited, it sure as heck ain't because of some of the self-righteous tigernet posters...

May 4, 2019, 8:51 PM

Probably because you are condescending, annoying, and poor at pretending to be a Clemson fan.

May 5, 2019, 5:05 AM

^ speaking for all of us ^

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 5, 2019, 5:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Why DJ might not pick tigers.. ]

And this is the whole enchilada in one post. It's the "why call me a coot just because you don't agree with me" whine.

May 4, 2019, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Why DJ might not pick tigers.. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TNet is a free message board. It, in no way represents the Clemson program. HTH.***

May 5, 2019, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Why DJ might not pick tigers.. ]

If he REALLY wants to be BMOC

May 5, 2019, 6:06 AM

then Mt. San Antonio College is the one to look out for. He would definitely start day 1 there. And may play tougher competition than the PAC 12 offers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2019, 8:19 AM

Thoughtful take! Hopefully you are wrong but as you say, there is a ton of talent for the next few years at QB already. Shame about some of the replies.... more typical of Carolina fans!

May 5, 2019, 9:12 AM

Did not read this post.

May 5, 2019, 9:18 AM

Ducklingfortune PM'd me admitted he is a Duck fan and a Gamecock fan. He was raised in Oregon for a bit and pulls for the Ducks. He moved to Columbia when he was 15 and ended up at USCjr later, so he also pulls for them.

May 5, 2019, 9:26 AM

Wow, blantantly making things up here. At least try to be more creative than that if you're going to slander me. You're an embarassment to real tiger fans, and I can't imagine you have the aptitude to actually have attended clemson university

May 5, 2019, 9:27 AM

Don't try and dig your way out of it now.

May 5, 2019, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Why DJ might not pick tigers.. ]

Crump@ or mods. I think it might be time for the banhammer for ducklingfortune. I am sure he has been banned here before.

May 5, 2019, 10:54 AM

The only reason he might not is total lack of logic or influence of family. If you view the comparisons of the two schools there is only one thing that might favor Oregon and it's illusionary. Oregon is closer but still it's quite a haul from where his family lives. The reasons for Clemson are obvious 1] Exposure on a National Stage 2] Continuity & quality of coaching staff 3] Quality of education 4] Exposure to the NFL 4] If he went to Oregon, he wont start right away. They have a very solid qb 5] Potential injury must be considered as Oregon's offensive line does not compare with Clemson. 6] Playing on a solid team with a "chance" to be a #1 National QB, that will never be achieved at a mediocre program like Oregon. They haven't been relevant since 2014 when they lost to Ohio State in the FBS Championship game. Ohio State largely ran a counter play back to the right redundantly the entire game and Oregon had no defensive answer. It was a three touchdown loss. 7]The Pac 12 is generally thought of as the weakest of the Power 5 conferences and never has a serious contender. So............date Cinderella or her ugly sister.

Lol

May 5, 2019, 10:57 AM

Ok

Replies: 79
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic