Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is the Big 10 debacle enough to make Penn St consider
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Is the Big 10 debacle enough to make Penn St consider

Sep 8, 2020, 8:18 PM

joining another conference? Doubtful, but I wouldn't mind seeing them in the ACC. In fact, they , might be the only big ten school that I wouldn't mind joining our conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Offer ND to full commit including football. If no, offer PSU***

Sep 8, 2020, 8:28 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PSU would be a home run***

Sep 8, 2020, 8:52 PM

Re: PSU would be a home run***

Sep 9, 2020, 10:42 AM

I am fine for the Big 10 to be the conference of sexual assault and child abuse.

Ped State can stay were they are as they have no moral backbone. Sure UNC cheats academically but as far as I know they are not aiding and abetting child molesters.

The league should actually consider doing both...

Sep 8, 2020, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Offer ND to full commit including football. If no, offer PSU*** ]

Obtain a commitment from the bee bee heads to come on board as a full member and then add Penn State for a total of sixteen teams.

Interestingly, the Big 10 does not have an exit fee or financial penalty. Similar to the $EC, their thinking is, who in their right mind is going to leave all that shared revenue.

That said, those one-sided contract provisions are often times not enforced by courts where it is determined that the provision, in effect, amounts to a penalty. A liquidated damages clause is deemed an unenforceable penalty where it sets an “unreasonably large” sum as damages. Ultimately, this is a question of law that must be determined by a court and will vary by state.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Wish ACC would get rid of WF and bring in WV ND & Penn St***

Sep 8, 2020, 9:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're really going to kick someone to the curb...

Sep 8, 2020, 9:08 PM

Boston College should be the first to go. They bring absolutely nothing to the table athletically.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO to PSU

Sep 8, 2020, 9:16 PM

Take it from someone who lives in PA, specifically about two hours from State College, you will find the fan base deranged, arrogant and obnoxious. I could expand my comments, but I think it paints a good picture. Football program and its coach think they are much better than they really are. GO TIGERS!

How is that any different...

Sep 8, 2020, 9:32 PM

than UNCheat, Nancy State, Virginia Tech, Virginia, FSWho, and Miami unless your point is, the conference has enough of them already.

Re: How is that any different...

Sep 9, 2020, 10:44 AM

none of the ACC schools diddle kids.

UNC cheats, NCState is to scared of success, VaTech is just a good school in a miserable bleak place, Virginia is white meat but otherwise fine, FSU is in the woods, and Miami has just been YOOLO at the beach.

Ped state placed their saturdays ahead of a abused kid.

Re: NO to PSU

Sep 9, 2020, 1:41 PM [ in reply to NO to PSU ]

Agree - Also from eastern PA. Franklin and Penn State have consistently been overrated for the past several years running now....

Re: Wish ACC would get rid of WF and bring in WV ND & Penn St***

Sep 12, 2020, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Wish ACC would get rid of WF and bring in WV ND & Penn St*** ]

Why? If you know our history, Wake is with me ride or die for life. They had our back when some were trying to railroad us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is the Big 10 debacle enough to make Penn St consider

Sep 8, 2020, 9:13 PM

No way Penn State would leave the Big Ten for the ACC. It would be pure insanity.

Why?***

Sep 8, 2020, 9:56 PM

MoCity. See above question.

Sep 9, 2020, 4:08 AM

Go Tigers AND Stay Well Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Why?***

Sep 9, 2020, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Why?*** ]

See answer below from the Penn State can.

Big Ten and SEC schools are swimming in TV money for their athletic programs. No way they give that up.

IMO, the ACC needs better leadership.

Sep 9, 2020, 5:22 AM

As a lifelong PSU fan in NJ and now with a son at Clemson I would love it. I have never liked the B10 and always wanted PSU in the ACC. Unfortunately, it will never happen. Too much coin in the B10.

Sep 9, 2020, 6:09 AM

The writer saying things about Penn State should first consider our neighbors 70 miles away.

Sep 9, 2020, 7:32 AM

Here is a better idea.We change places with the coots.We go to the SEC East,they go to the ACC Atlantic.Then we get in with the other big boys,and don't have to worry about Penn State,Notre Dame,Pittsburg,Syracuse,WV,or any of the other schools mentioned here.
Of course we don't play the coots this season anyway so it's a win-win situation for both of us.We get to play in the eSECpn conference,and they finally have an outside chance of a winning season.

I hope Penn State reaches out to the ACC...

Sep 9, 2020, 11:55 AM

and the ACC says no.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Sep 9, 2020, 2:06 PM

My understanding is that traveling in and out of State College is challenging at best. I understand the allure of Penn State’s football history. But, I for one wouldn’t welcome the addition. The more NE teams added, the more it feels like the ACC is becoming the Big East. No bueno!

What is the infatuation with PSU? I can't remember the last

Sep 9, 2020, 2:23 PM

time they were actually relevant due to ON field performance, they come with a TON of REAL baggage, they have a horde of obnoxious fans...And those are the SELLING POINTS

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is the infatuation with PSU? I can't remember the last

Sep 12, 2020, 12:21 PM

You must have a bad memory. The last four years PSU has averaged 10.5 wins per year and one B1G championship.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic