Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who on tnet had the lowest single semester GPA...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Who on tnet had the lowest single semester GPA...

Jan 30, 2016, 6:14 PM

and still graduated college?

Go.

Almost forgot... 0.7 for me.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I graduated Clemson in Mechanical Engineering, 2013.

Jan 30, 2016, 6:19 PM

My third semester of college, i got 5 F's and 1 D. That semester was an amazing .22 gpa.

When I finished @Clemson I had a 3.05.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I graduated Clemson in Mechanical Engineering, 2013.

Jan 30, 2016, 6:22 PM

I graduated Clemson in EE and my lowest semester GPA was 1.4. I graduated with a GPA around 3.0.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2016, 6:28 PM [ in reply to I graduated Clemson in Mechanical Engineering, 2013. ]

I was gonna post my 1.4 first semester, but you won hands down. Plus you graduated with a higher GPA. I barely graduated, but it still hangs on the wall and I'm d@MN proud of it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Jan 30, 2016, 7:32 PM

I graduated with exactly a 2.0 in my major. Degree is still worth the same as the guy who got a 4.0. I am even (what I would consider) successful in my field, and many of my coworkers with 4 times my amount of experience come to me for advice.

Its not all about grades... I enjoyed college, quite possibly too much. I've found that isn't a good indicator of real world success.

Jan 30, 2016, 6:43 PM [ in reply to I graduated Clemson in Mechanical Engineering, 2013. ]

that's what I started in Diff. Equations and engineering physics told me I had made a foolish choice.

Jan 30, 2016, 8:02 PM

The first two exams I took while at Clemson were in Differential Equations and the initial General Engineering course. I got a 10 on the Differential Equations exam and a 20 on the General Engineering exam.

I might be in the running for it...

Jan 30, 2016, 6:23 PM

my spring semester sophomore year was terrible. Lot of life changes: 3 Ds and 1 C. I think that put me at a 1.25.

I rebounded from it, ended up doing great my last 60 hours and went to grad school where I finished with a 3.5 overall.

Re: I might be in the running for it...

Jan 30, 2016, 6:32 PM

1.3 - Biology. Graduated with a 2.003 (maybe another zero but can't remember) and thankful for it. Not CU though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2016, 6:40 PM [ in reply to I might be in the running for it... ]

I found out I didn't know how to study. Plus I was not prepared for college math. pulled a 0.9 first semester and barely stayed in second. one time I had to pull a 3.0 just to stay in. BTW this was during Nam. Changed from engineering to Textiles which i actually knew something about. Graduated in 4 1/2 years + one session of summer school and had a 41 year career in management in the Textile Industry. Unfortunately I watched it go away from this country. Lot of good jobs went overseas due to $0.25 -.40/hour wages. My company could deliver a pair of finished Khaki pants to any company for $10/pair. Same pants from India cost $7 including shipping. Difference was just labor costs.

Jan 30, 2016, 8:41 PM

I was Mechanical Engineering major
1.0 first semester
1.2 second semester
Flunked Calculus 106 both semesters.
I was a pledge in the Pershing Rifles and spent all my time drilling and hanging out in evenings with older PR's.
1.1 overall and needed a 1.2 to stay in school.
Summer school made a C in calculus and returned for second year
Dropped out of PR's and spent some time in Library studying.
3.0 first semester
joined a fraternity and move into frat house second semester
I had 58 credit hours and needed 60 to be classified a junior and considered keeping up with my class.
This was 1967 and Vietnam.
Classification changed to I-A and had to report for physical at Ft. Jackson
Passed that and weeks later, got my notice to report for active duty.
National Guard and Reserves were full, so I signed up for Advanced ROTC.
Graduated in 4 1/2 years in Mech. Engr. 2.3 GPR
And....my draft lottery number in 1969 was 365 out of 366!
Could not get out of ROTC commitment.
Army Lieutenant for two years with one year service in Vietnam.
Retired three years ago after 40+ years as a Professional Engineer in consulting engineering.
Sorry about too much info......but I would not want to change anything now that all that is history!
GO TIGERS!!!

Re: Who on tnet had the lowest single semester GPA...

Jan 30, 2016, 6:33 PM

Fall 1981. Four f's and one d. 0.2

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, I say "Surf Cat" wins so far..just a notch over 0!

Jan 30, 2016, 6:40 PM

LoL & I'm too embarrassed to admit my 1st semester grades (funked Chemistry twice @ 4 credits each)...and changed majors twice...

From Pre-Med to Industrial Mgmt to History/Soc to get out since married!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK, I say "Surf Cat" wins so far..just a notch over 0!

Jan 30, 2016, 6:41 PM

well he beat me by 0.7 points...

Re: OK, I say "Surf Cat" wins so far..just a notch over 0!

Jan 30, 2016, 6:46 PM [ in reply to OK, I say "Surf Cat" wins so far..just a notch over 0! ]

LBB you must have had the Bishops.

Does " Funking" Felder mean anything to y'all old students?!

Jan 30, 2016, 6:56 PM

He killed me but not sure if he was a Math Prof or Chemistry.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bishop sucked. I remember the first

Jan 30, 2016, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: OK, I say "Surf Cat" wins so far..just a notch over 0! ]

test of the semester...I was like, ### is all this? He never even tried to give us any information that would be tested. Stopped going to class and studied with a friend that had a different prof and did fine.

Re: Bishop sucked. I remember the first

Jan 30, 2016, 7:56 PM

didn't have Bishop but heard the stories of Ma and Pa Bishop..had Marullo for Chemistry..he came in the first day and told us he had been teaching Organic Chemistry for 20 years...needless to say his lectures were at a level way above Chemistry 101... I made it out of there with a C but I know most people failed the final.. he had to have given final grades on a big curve.

Jan 30, 2016, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Who on tnet had the lowest single semester GPA... ]

1.4 first semester 1963, last of the Rat Classes.Bohunked Frosh. Football under Goat McMillan. Grad. 2.5 in 67 in ME.
Grad school in US ARMY. LOL!!
Life is good. Tiger Football now relevant
again.

Holy crap! That is unbelievable! I couldn't have pulled

Jan 30, 2016, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Who on tnet had the lowest single semester GPA... ]

That and remained at Clemson. The funding support would have disappeared. ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can't compete with that

Jan 30, 2016, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Who on tnet had the lowest single semester GPA... ]

Pulled a 1.8 first semester soph year and had to work my a$$ off to graduate with honors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jan 30, 2016, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Who on tnet had the lowest single semester GPA... ]

Mr. Dorfman?
0.2... Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

3.0 last semester with only 12 hours

Jan 30, 2016, 7:03 PM

dropped my GPA a whole tenth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finally something I can win on TigerNet!

Jan 30, 2016, 7:35 PM

I figured out I was not good at chemistry and higher math...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dad and the registrar had a short meeting with

Jan 30, 2016, 7:46 PM

To explain what a DA I was. I didn't make below a B after that and managed to graduate in 4.5 years...

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I married him for his street smarts.

Jan 30, 2016, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Finally something I can win on TigerNet! ]

Duh.

Jan 30, 2016, 7:38 PM

I was valedictorian of the Ag college and got mostly D's

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I took PChem in 96, we drank heavily after every final

Jan 30, 2016, 7:42 PM

we had no confidence in passing that class. I don't remember the GPA, but that was the worst semester. Hated having 'theoretical' chemistry when taking a very practical major.

Jan 30, 2016, 7:44 PM

1st semester - girls, alcohol, party favors, and frat were not a good mix. Went to class 1st week and showed up exam time. Graduated with 3.4 in Business/Marketing had to bust my a$$.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I think we have a winner!***

Jan 30, 2016, 8:07 PM

1.7 with only 12h of classes first semester

Jan 30, 2016, 7:45 PM

Finished on President's List 6 times and final GPA of 3.56.
Doing some work!!

null

Jan 30, 2016, 7:57 PM

Made a 2.0 one semester. Graduated with a 3.0

does this apply to other universities or just the

Jan 30, 2016, 8:34 PM

true fans?

I was a straight A student in high school, but

Jan 30, 2016, 9:18 PM

The 2nd semester of my sophomore year at Clemson my grandmother died, my best friend was killed 2 weeks later and I was a pall bearer at his funeral. my girlfriend dumped me, and I was fighting alcoholism. Still managed a 1.4 gpa. Was on Dean's list next 2 years straight. So a happy ending

doubt I'll qualify

Jan 30, 2016, 9:25 PM

Lowest semester was a 3.62 with a double major in Econ/natural resources

Re: doubt I'll qualify***

Jan 30, 2016, 9:28 PM

Re: doubt I'll qualify

Jan 30, 2016, 9:33 PM [ in reply to doubt I'll qualify ]

I had a 0 but an immediate family member passed away that semester and Clemson let me erase those classes. 5 classes and left campus about half way through the semester. Had too much going on to think about contacting anyone about it until the semester was over. One of my professors actually called me to figure out where I was and when I told him what happened he offered to give me a C. I told him though I appreciated it I'd be taking the class over and trying to get it dropped.

1.2***

Jan 30, 2016, 9:27 PM

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic