Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who likes the old Suzuki Samurai?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Who likes the old Suzuki Samurai?

Mar 1, 2021, 10:59 PM

And who wants to pay almost 8 grand for a 94 model from Japan? From our local buddybook neighborhood page:

1994 Suzuki SAMURAI- JIMNY · Suv · Driven 135,000 miles

1994 SUZUKI JIMNY JA
135,000 MILES
3 CYLINDER TURBO
5 SPEED 4X4
TIN TOP YES RIGHG HAND DRIVE
JAPAN IMPORTED STREET LEGAL

$7900 OR BEST OFFER

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a big want for those types of vehicles right now

Mar 2, 2021, 4:08 AM

Tracker, Samurai, Rodeo Sport, Jimmy. Those are all getting the trickle down effect from the boom of the 80's Bronco love fest that's going on right now. Add to that, it's made in Japan and has right hand drive. I'm surprised it's listed for under 10k

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's a big want for those types of vehicles right now

Mar 2, 2021, 4:42 AM

That and us 80’s/90’s kids can now afford to have a play toy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who likes the old Suzuki Samurai?

Mar 2, 2021, 4:10 AM

I used to have one of those when I lived in Honolulu. They are such junk, but it worked for what I needed. They are barely a car though. So weak.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really interested on paying for any vehicle

Mar 2, 2021, 6:06 AM

I've flipped in before. Just a personal preference. Things roll over way too easy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In Hike Skroool had an S10 that had a lift and some

Mar 2, 2021, 4:41 AM

BF Good 32/10’s and we were constantly off-roading. Sometimes causing trouble and taking off through plowed fields in the non-growing season. One time we took a hard turn to do just this, a little mud boggging in an empty corn field.

We got stuck. Big time. Up to the rocker panel and I couldn’t hardly get my door open. So we walked over to the road and started walking to my house. We got about 1/4 mile down the road and a guy with a Samurai stopped and asked if we needed help. We told him yes and he took us back to the truck. We got the Samurai as close as we could and hooked on the tow straps. That thing pulled out my truck like it was a Hot Wheel or something. It was amazing. I gave him $20 for a car wash and gas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had the exact same happen.

Mar 2, 2021, 8:08 AM

Used to take my first Nissan 4x4 truck and play in the mud along the Catawba River around the ruins of an old dairy farm. Got stuck one night and had a Samurai pull me out with little effort. A few years down the road I ended up getting the first year of the Suzuki Sidekick. It was a ridiculously weak vehicle at highway speeds, but a great around-town car with the fold back roof and because it was so light it would climb an oak tree in 4x4. Put 120k on it with the only issue was having to replace a worn radiator cap. Had huge fun with that car...and then Joonyer came along. Took me about a month of battling a car seat in the back to figure out that I had a new sidekick that made keeping the old Sidekick an impossibility.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we have shared these two before

Mar 2, 2021, 8:11 AM

however, I am MUCH younger than you, so you didn’t grow up that quickly, or never grew up. ????

My mother thinks there's still hope.

Mar 2, 2021, 11:35 AM

My wife abandoned hope a LONG time ago.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had one for a couple of years when I lived on James Island.

Mar 2, 2021, 9:31 AM

Complete piece of crap but paid $1k for it and it was fun to drive to Folly with the top off.

But it was also a piece of crap that I was able to sell for more than I paid because it was fun to drive to Folly with the top off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic