Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which is better? All-Americans or 1st Round NFL draft picks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,341

Which is better? All-Americans or 1st Round NFL draft picks

Dec 28, 2020, 5:18 PM

IMHO, You go with the guys the NFL likes best every time.

Sometimes they’re He same guys, but often they’re not.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which is better? All-Americans or 1st Round NFL draft picks

Dec 28, 2020, 5:24 PM

If I may; Danny Weurfel (sp?) Won every accolade that there is in college football; and yet look at his NFL Legacy. College Awards are a reward for the season you just had. NFL draft is on the potential and upside you bring to the next level. One could make a case that our boys didn't have the best statistical year and I can accept that. Especially knowing how they will be getting paid next year!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 5:24 PM

If I may; Danny Weurfel (sp?) Won every accolade that there is in college football; and yet look at his NFL Legacy. College Awards are a reward for the season you just had. NFL draft is on the potential and upside you bring to the next level. One could make a case that our boys didn't have the best statistical year and I can accept that. Especially knowing how they will be getting paid next year!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All-American because it's based on.....

Dec 28, 2020, 5:34 PM

proven performance. Draft pick is based on potential in the NFL.

Well, Trevor Lawrence is everybody's #1 overall pick in

Dec 28, 2020, 5:36 PM

the upcoming NFL draft.

Watson was a first round pick to the Texans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 5:57 PM

The Heisman occasionally goes to the best player in college. If Trevor does not receive it this year, those clowns have missed the mark again. Does it really matter? I could list a hundred players that were bad bad men in college and went on to professional hall of fame careers and NEVER were on the Heisman “ Trust” radar.

We Will Eventually Have a Heisman Winner at CU!

Dec 28, 2020, 6:17 PM

Etienne and Lawrence were victims of success of the team and having a coach that doesn't leave starters in. I was watching some of the OSU vs. Mich. St game and while up 28 and in complete control of that game who was still in the game? Fields was. Now, in that game they eventually put in the back up QB who lead the team to another TD - Same thing with Jones and Trask though.

Dabo isn't going to be the coach answering "why did you have X in the game when you were in complete control"?
It hasn't happened "YET"! But, it will to one of these programs who leave starters in well after the game has been decided.

To answer the question: give me the best player every time. What criteria you have for that is the question. For me: how well you fit into the system you are in for your team(college). Take Haskins in college - he broke all kinds of records! J.T. Barrett was a record setting QB. Braxton Miller was excellent. Not great pros though. Give me the kid that fits.

Mitch Hyatt is a great Clemson example. Mitch was a 5 star and 4 year starter and "He Didn't Get Drafted"! Does that mean he was a bad college player? No. Mitch was great for what we needed out of him and I wouldn't replace him for a kid who went on to the NFL and became a pro bowler. He was exactly what we needed in a LT.

In short, the NFL isn't a good measuring stick! Lots of other factors come into play! A highly decorated kid on a team is doing what that team needs - although it may not translate to the professional level!

I wouldn't trade Trevor or Travis for Trask, Jones, Smith, Pitts, Hubbard or anybody else one could name. Not at all! We know why those guys likely won't win the Heisman and it has nothing to do with if they are better than the previously mentioned players: I believe they are. It's all about what opportunity those others had versus what our kids had! Hats off to those guys - good luck except if you face Clemson(Jones and Smith). Still aren't on the level of our guys though!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 6:16 PM

Depends on whether your team has more AA or 1st rounders.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,341
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic