Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots....

Dec 23, 2018, 7:57 PM

Since 2012, Clemson has won 70% of its games against SEC opponents. SCAR is .500 during the same stretch. BUT Clemson has not benefited from playing Vandy, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mizzou or Arkansas.

Since 2012 Clemson has only played Bama, LSU, Auburn, SCAR, TAMU and UGA. What is SCAR's record against only THOSE SEC schools during that same stretch? 2-13!!!!

It ain't the dang conference. It's the dang coots and the dang Clemson Tigers.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots reading this thread be like:

Dec 23, 2018, 8:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots reading this thread be like:

Dec 23, 2018, 11:54 PM

Congrats on potd. It deserves it !!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That should even include two of the best seasons in

Dec 23, 2018, 8:03 PM

school history for them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots....

Dec 23, 2018, 8:08 PM

Thank you CSO- bookmarking this to show my coot workers. Never thought about it that way.

Deserves potd!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 9:14 AM

You will need more proof than this, but even that would not be enough to keep a coot from disagreeing. Facts have never been a factor that entered into their opinions. Why do the coots always schedule a cupcake or an open date the week before they play the Tigers? Well, that is a compliment to our lofty position but they don't even realize it. The fear of the Tigers is so ingrained in their minds they continually pray for a miracle.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 8:12 PM

Well done! I will use this with many conversations!

Dec 23, 2018, 8:12 PM

Well done! I will use this with many conversations!

Dec 23, 2018, 8:37 PM

Since 2012, South Carolina has a 100% win record against ACC opponents Clemson plays.

Clemson only has a 96% winning percentage against those opponents...

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Dec 23, 2018, 8:58 PM

2015 called and said YOU GOT BEAT BY EL CID, lol!!! But it’s really not that big a deal, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 9:03 PM

The citadel is an ACC like team?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 9:08 PM

If that helps you sleep at night, bahaaahaa!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 7:30 AM

Hard to fix stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you ever going to face the fact that you are a Gamecock fan?

Nov 19, 2021, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots.... ]

Dec 24, 2018, 2:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots.... ]

That has beat you!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots.... ]

Classless09 reminds me of a 10 year old girl saying I know you are but what am I.

Dec 24, 2018, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots.... ]

09 - They're not as good as ACC teams, but The Citadel is ranked #2 in the state of South Carolina, and ranked higher than most SEC teams.

HTH

LOL you have endless nerve.

Dec 23, 2018, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots.... ]

I just showed you a dramatic difference. You have the nerve to put a 4% difference with your sample being so small? What do you grasp at when you don't even have straws?

Dec 23, 2018, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots.... ]

Since 2012, South Carolina has a 100% win record against ACC opponents Clemson plays.

Clemson only has a 96% winning percentage against those opponents...

I think your data is inaccurate. Since 2012, Clemson has lost to the following ACC teams: FSU (2012, 2013, 2014) Georgia Tech (2014) Pittsburgh (2016) Syracuse (2017). When has South Carolina played any of those teams since 2012? I don’t think they have. Therefore, South Carolina’s record against ANY ACC team since 2012 can’t possibly be anything other than equal to Clemson’s record.

Message was edited by: BigChief2000®

Dec 23, 2018, 9:29 PM

Wish I could give more than one TU! Facts are sort of amazing things when digested appropriately!

Go Tigers!!!

Bruh... I usually like your banter...

but that is the weakest comeback I have ever heard.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, congrats on beating unc a couple of times...

Dec 23, 2018, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots.... ]

Proves the point of the original post.
Original poster’s point is that Clemson plays against the best SEC schools and beats them regularly. And part of that point is that you don’t even play the best most years, yet still are remarkably average in spite of a favorable conference schedule.
Clemson has more quality SEC wins than SC over the past several years.

Dec 23, 2018, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots.... ]

I think you’re 1-5 against Clemson in that period, so yo can’t be 100%a against ACC teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 8:23 AM

Clemson doesn’t play Clemson in the ACC.

HTH

It's always hilarious that an argument against Clemson

Dec 24, 2018, 12:48 PM

fans can't include the Gamecocks actually playing Clemson.

VICTORY SMELLS LIKE BURNING CHICKEN.

Dec 23, 2018, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots.... ]

4-0 since 2012. Small sample size. You need more data points for this to be statistically significant. Try calculating a p value with a sample size of 4 if you don’t believe me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 9:32 PM

So against all the ACC teams USC has played in that time period, they are 6-5. That’s not much different than their winning % in the SEC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 9:59 PM

USC doesn't play ACC teams, I got the confuses.

LOL

Dec 23, 2018, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots.... ]

Yep, when you take out our record against you, our record against SEC opponents doesn't look as good, and when you take out your record against us, your record against ACC opponents looks better.

That's really something you want to point out?

And btw, you have beat precisely 0 ACC teams who we have lost to in the time frame you've mentioned.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL

Dec 24, 2018, 8:25 AM

So maybe you’ll agree picking and choosing statistics from your greatest run in school history is more of an outlier than the norm?

Re: LOL

Dec 24, 2018, 8:46 AM

We could talk about our all time record against you losers.
No cherry picking.
What is the norm on that?
Don't want to talk about that do you?

Cherry picking? You are certifiable.

Dec 24, 2018, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL ]

You guys have won nine or more games only 7 times EVER
Clemson has done that 26 times.

You guys have ONE conference championship. EVER
We have 24

You have 4 consensus All Americans... EVER
We have had 25

You have 9 bowl victories... EVER
We have 22

You have only beaten Clemson 42 times... ever.
We have beaten you 70 times.

Let's use half of a century as our sample size, and break it down by decade.

In the 2010's we are 5-4 against you
In the 2000's we went 7-3
In the 90's we went 7-3
In the 80's we went 7-2-1
In the 70's we went 6-4

You guys are 100% beneath us. Not just now.

I would agree

Dec 24, 2018, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL ]

If he had referenced an odd time in the past (“between 1952 and 1958...”), but he’s referencing now and talking about the ridiculous assertions that our success has to do with SOS, now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would agree

Dec 24, 2018, 2:58 PM

But it’s irrefutable that your success has to do with SOS.

You’ve won 4 straight ACC championships, do you think you would have won 4 straight SEC Championships ?

Dec 24, 2018, 3:26 PM

Laughable you would ask for an opinion in the midst of an argument you are losing based on statistics and facts. Do you think if you were smarter you would be a Clemson fan? Yes and yes.

Dec 24, 2018, 4:27 PM

What are you squawking about?

I presented a factual argument that showed we had a better win % against your acc brethren than you did. But you guys got upset about that.

You can't hear us laughing? We are entertained by your

Dec 24, 2018, 7:39 PM

extreme and pathetic delusion. Gamecock fans like you actually add a bonus to our enjoyment! Watching you guys sink this low highlights just had badly we have run you guys into the ground.

I hope you keep going.

Dec 24, 2018, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I would agree ]

Who’s upset? The thread is a highlight of your being a chicken punchline. I think that pretty funny.

Have a great Christmas. I’ll look forward to your coming back in 2019 for us all to laugh at some more.

Yes, quality of a coot diploma, right there!

Dec 23, 2018, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots.... ]

You probably should learn to double check your ‘research’...

...96%, eh?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

He's reaching for a stat

Dec 23, 2018, 9:33 PM

What he's trying to say is:

"USC's record against ACC teams not named Clemson is better than Clemson's record against the ACC as a whole in that time period."

I'd guess 96% is about right for our record against the ACC in that time frame.

But, it's a stupid stat in that it only serves to accentuate their poor record against us.

Dec 23, 2018, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots.... ]

09' I try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but that was one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard anyone make. Enjoy that Belk Bowl in Charlotte. We'll enjoy 4 straight playoff berths and another National Championship

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Dec 23, 2018, 10:26 PM

“I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul...”

Which ACC team has Clemson lost to that y’all have beat

Dec 24, 2018, 12:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots.... ]

Since 2012?

Dec 24, 2018, 2:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots.... ]

You have never heard a Clemson fan saying that the ACC was a super conference. Just as there isn't a coat tail that Clemson can hold onto in the ACC, bc we are the coat tail of the ACC the same as Bama is the coat tail of the SEC. And the coots hold onto Bama's coat tail for dear life. Your fan base even spends their cash on Bama gear to wear just to feel part of something other than the losers that your team actually really are, coat tail clingers, your fan base are cling on's. Coot fans remind me of that lint screen in a cloths dryer, except y'all suck up to Bama the same way!!! The loser mentality is very becoming of the coot fan base to an extreme!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 6:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots.... ]

We also have 100% record against all 1-AA teams we've played. What's South Carolina's record against 1-AA Competition?

Dang we should swap conferences.***

Dec 24, 2018, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots.... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots.... ]

Just accept the fact that you suck and will always suck.Nobody gives a crap about who you beat since 2012. Just look at all the ACC teams you have a losing record against.There should be a law against being this stupid.Oh well,coots peck on...

Dec 24, 2018, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Putting an end to the SEC strength of schedule crap for the coots.... ]

First have a blessed Christmas! Beyond NCST and UNC, If my memory serves me, your GCs haven’t even played ND, BC, Miami, FSU or Va. Tech. If you weigh SOS with Clemson having played and beaten all these teams and a UNC division champ, your stats have ZERO bearing period!!

If it makes you feel better we have both lost to USF in the virtual same period, but your teams have FIVE game losing streaks to Clemson, UK and TAMU!! Come back in 2019 to discuss records, especially since you are barely favored against UVA in your Belk Bowl contest.

Your beloved OBC is long gone and Tanner gives Muscrap and staff raises after a 7-5 season? We on the other hand would demand Dabo fire staff after such a season unless there unforeseen circumstances!

Enjoy the memories from Spurrier’s tenure because you likely won’t win anything close while Muscrap is your coach.

Go Tigers ??!!

What is our record against the SEC during that time?

Dec 23, 2018, 8:45 PM

About 12-4?

CSO rockin da stats.***

Dec 23, 2018, 10:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Technically, SCU hasn’t benefited from playing KY either.***

Dec 23, 2018, 10:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Technically, SCU hasn’t benefited from playing KY either.***

Dec 24, 2018, 9:08 AM

POTT Post of The Thread!

Subtract SC and we are 6-4 or 60% vs Bama, LSU, Auburn, UGA. SC is 2-13 or 13% vs the same competition. 2 of Clemson's losses came in CFP games. You, know the games Coots can only participate in by watching on TV and pulling for Bama!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha good point.***

Dec 24, 2018, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Technically, SCU hasn’t benefited from playing KY either.*** ]

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic