Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where is the Running Game offensive line? 70 yards total?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,825

Where is the Running Game offensive line? 70 yards total?

Sep 9, 2018, 9:08 PM

Should we be concerned about the continual establishment of the running game? The last three real games we total around 70 yards total from the running backs combined.

Texas A&M was 70 yards total
Alabama was 65 yards total
Miami championship game was 72 yards total

More will be needed this year especially at the end of the season.Seems like when we do run it is very predictable. I believe our backs have more skills than our play calling allows them to show. Is it just the issues with the offensive line causing it, play calling or something else?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where is the Running Game offensive line? 70 yards total?

Sep 9, 2018, 9:13 PM

Could not push Furman off the ball and run on them early in that game.

Sep 9, 2018, 9:15 PM

It's play calling, but no one wants to admit it on here because they're scared of getting called a coot or getting a thumbs down.

Sep 9, 2018, 9:22 PM

A neutral site ACC Championship game against a top 10 team ... won .
A neutral site CFBP game against the eventual NCW and best team in CFB nearly every year ...lost .
A road game in 2nd week of new season in front of 100k+ fans in the pouring rain against a team we weren't sure of how to play and with equal to better star talent than our own ... won .

Maybe we could run it a little more , but I'll trust in whatever these coaches are doing based on the results so far .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I think that's why the OC's aren't calling more runs

Sep 9, 2018, 9:45 PM

Seems most of ETN's runs occur not because of good blocking but when the hole collapses and he bounces outside to make something out of nothing.

Teams are just stacking the box and daring us to beat them in 1-on-1 coverage. Given our lack of a downfield threat, that's a risk worth taking if you're an opposing DC and I would expect this to continue throughout the season.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 10:09 PM

I thought we had 115 yds on the ground. I also thought Mond threw an INT on the 2 pt conversion.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=401012270

Tiger Fans wonder why RBs choose UGA & Bama over CU

Sep 9, 2018, 11:02 PM

I believe your post makes it self-evident. Dabo and our OC's do not develop RB talent -- RBs are primarily used to block. Even star RBs averaging 7.5 yds per carry. Dabo and OC's are again running the Offense through KB who even with one of his better games could not pull away from A&M. And Dabo and TE still do not trust KB to throw with a small lead and the game on the line. So nothing has changed over the Spring or Summer.

I sure do not see this 2018/19 team being a national championship team. It's disappointing, and I hope I'm wrong. The ACC championship should happen but here has been a lot of coach speak, a huge QB competition that has split QB reps and divided fan base, and little player development.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger Fans wonder why RBs choose UGA & Bama over CU

Sep 9, 2018, 11:22 PM

Last year ETN had 766 yards rushing with 7.2 yards per carry and 13 touchdowns. Feasted had 669 with a 6.3 average and 7 touchdowns. This was while playing with a season of defenses loading the box and daring is to throw, but our coaches aren’t developing running backs?

Also, isn’t Wayne Gallman top 5 in school history in rushing and only about 500 yards behind 1st place even though he played one fewer season than all the other guys in the top 5?

We recruit quite well, but you don’t stay in the NC Hunt for 4 straight years while also not developing players.

Sep 9, 2018, 11:13 PM

We had 115 rushing yards against A&M and that includes the -8 for taking knees. Not saying that’s great, but why say it’s only 70 just to make your point sound better?

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,825
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic