Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Remaining ACC Tourney games to be held without fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

TNET: Remaining ACC Tourney games to be held without fans

Mar 11, 2020, 8:04 PM

Remaining ACC Tourney games to be held without fans

The ACC released a statement saying that due to the growing threat of COVID-19 (or coronavirus) that fans will not be admitted to the remainder of the ACC Tourn Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the overreacting continues.

Mar 11, 2020, 8:07 PM

Ridiculous!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

At least Clemson got

Mar 11, 2020, 8:08 PM

Early exposure to that environment! ;) (Lemonade, folks...lemonade!)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They wanted to make sure Clemson...

Mar 11, 2020, 9:14 PM

had to replace their entire team next year considering they will all be dead after exposure today plus the real kicker is they beat every North Carolina team and beat top 4 ranked teams in ACC. I kid of course but sooo many people buying the media hype! I don't agree with all the hype and event cancellations.

I work with software companies that provide services to large Tech conferences. Lot of clients like Amazon, Intel, Samsung, IBM, Salesforce, etc, etc, just to name a few and we have had 80 events cancelled pre-June 1st. 40% of my bizness, not good for this industry. But they don't want liability of people traveling globally. It really is hurting a lot of facets of Enterprise businesses. Hence the stock market dropping.

Re: And the overreacting continues.

Mar 11, 2020, 8:12 PM [ in reply to And the overreacting continues. ]

I do not believe that it is over reacting, saving just 1 person from risking the chance of being infected has 10 X the value of any fan being at the games!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2020, 8:24 PM

I do not believe that it is over reacting, saving just 1 person from risking the chance of being infected has 10 X the value of any fan being at the games!!!

Agreed. Better to be safe.

Mar 11, 2020, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: And the overreacting continues. ]

everyone probably should just stay in their houses the rest of their lives. That would save a lot more lives. Just sayin'

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Mar 11, 2020, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: And the overreacting continues. ]

Totally agree with you. Better safe than sorry.

I am happy that in the absence of Govt guidance, NCAA used its common sense

Mar 11, 2020, 9:50 PM

Where do you think they are getting their guidance einstein? I wonder what the average age is of this membership. Wow.

Mar 12, 2020, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Re: And the overreacting continues. ]

Govt. guidance? Are you so inept that you need the government to tell you how keep yourself safe. Goodness, here's something for you einstein. If your a grown adult and you aren't capable of making decisions for yourself, then just donate to the Democrats and they'll keep you safe. You'll never die, it will be a miracle.

You honestly think its Trumps fault? Heck if he puts a travel ban in place, he's racist. If he doesnt, he's not being proactive enough. Just admit you dont like him and this is what it's all about. He could cure Cancer tomorrow, and youd blame him for not doing it yesterday. Amazing how the clown show of a President the 8 years prior was allowed to make this country weaker every single day, yet crickets from folks like u.

Mar 11, 2020, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Re: And the overreacting continues. ]

Keep on drinking that Koolaid u idiot.

Mar 11, 2020, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Re: And the overreacting continues. ]

If this keeps up the job losses will be staggering

A couple reasons its not overreacting

Mar 11, 2020, 8:25 PM [ in reply to And the overreacting continues. ]

I hate that events are being canceled
I hate that the NCAA Tourney will have no in person fans

That said, it's not an overreaction. It's to save lives.

Read this to understand why:
Best article I've found explaining epidemiology of virus

Particularly look at this graphic:

There were 200 deaths in Italy IN ONE DAY today. That's the equivalent of 1100 in one day in the US if it were to get as out of control here.

Social Distancing isn't going to make Coronavirus spread not happen, but it's going to save thousands of lives. The threat is absolutely real and the CDC is much smarter than the talking heads on the radio and a certain TV station. Don't listen to the idiots on radio and TV. Listen to the experts on epidemiology, the physicians that are familiar with viral disease, etc.

Are there people overreacting? Sure. I saw a video of someone spraying their kid down with Lysol after school. That's not going to help. I've seen small events canceled... that's not going to help much. I've seen people avoiding going to the doctor's office in a place that currently has no coronavirus - that's not really protecting anything. But limiting unnecessary large events - particularly in cities where the virus is already known to be spreading - is absolutely going to save many lives.

If you choose to ignore protective measures like vaccines and recommended social distancing, then I hope it is successful for you and your family. Just don't pretend that ignoring it will make it go away.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A couple reasons its not overreacting

Mar 11, 2020, 8:32 PM

This is the type of numbers bull$hit that has everyone in a panic.

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

You sir are an idiot... sorry... just sayin?????***

Mar 11, 2020, 10:58 PM [ in reply to A couple reasons its not overreacting ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where did your medical degree come from again?

Mar 11, 2020, 11:14 PM

What is your experience with viral disease?

Look forward to an intelligent discussion.

Ken Pittman, MD
Clemson Biochemistry, Dixon Fellow
Quillen College of Medicine - MD
Triple Boarded Residency including Pediatrics - Indiana University
Taught Pediarics to Dr. Kent Brantley, Ebola Survivor and Expert

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Possibly the greatest assskicken we've ever witnessed on

Mar 12, 2020, 8:47 AM

these here Tiger Board(s)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

And it happened SIMULTANEOUSLY to 2 of the longer-term

Mar 12, 2020, 10:16 AM

blow hards on here . . . .

Incredibly well done Dr. !

And thank you for an insightful post that doesn't have "driving mass hysteria" as the foundational agenda.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

How do we know this is the real Ken Pittman, and not a scok?

Mar 12, 2020, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Where did your medical degree come from again? ]

Can you post pigs of you and your wife with a date written on the piece of paper and your username?

Re: A couple reasons its not overreacting

Mar 11, 2020, 11:08 PM [ in reply to A couple reasons its not overreacting ]

Wait a minute - isn’t that the same graph you use for global warming? Just changed the axes and hit print.

I’m not denying that this should be taken seriously.

Mar 11, 2020, 11:42 PM [ in reply to A couple reasons its not overreacting ]

I’m disappointed that we didn’t close our borders and restrict travel sooner. I agree that social distancing can be helpful. But where does it end? Do we just cancel life entirely? Quarantine everyone in their homes?

The numbers thus far in China and Italy are alarming on the surface, but the mortality rate has fallen considerably as more people are tested. I suspect that it will continue to.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I’m not denying that this should be taken seriously.

Mar 13, 2020, 2:22 AM

Very true!

Kudos to you for being much smarter about this than everyone

Mar 11, 2020, 8:35 PM [ in reply to And the overreacting continues. ]

else.

Where did you do your residency at? Johns Hopkins? Mayo Clinic?

Re: Kudos to you for being much smarter about this than everyone

Mar 11, 2020, 8:42 PM

I hope all the cocky idiots saying everything is an overreaction are correct. Oh, they'll be insufferable for the rest of their lives, but it will be great if they are correct.

I'm talking about all the people who don't know anymore than the rest of us and yet are sure nothing will come of Covid-19. There are a lot of people like that. They remind me of the "JUMP TO CONCLUSION GUY" from OFFICE SPACE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42WNHGr1jGI

And a lot of U remind me of Sheep that believe

Mar 11, 2020, 9:08 PM

everything they're fed. GD Idiots !!!

Another fool... ??***

Mar 11, 2020, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Kudos to you for being much smarter about this than everyone ]

I never said I’m smarter than everyone else.

Mar 11, 2020, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Kudos to you for being much smarter about this than everyone ]

I just don’t believe in overreacting to situations. Taking precautions in terms of hygiene, travel, etc. are appropriate IMO. Closing off the tournament to the public at this point is a bit drastic.

Mar 12, 2020, 12:01 AM [ in reply to And the overreacting continues. ]

Based on what evidence do you make this claim.

this is gonna kill fan support ;)

Mar 12, 2020, 7:27 AM [ in reply to And the overreacting continues. ]

nm

Re: TNET: Remaining ACC Tourney games to be held without fans

Mar 11, 2020, 8:09 PM

Smartest move the ACC has done, and I'm sure that Swofford didn't come up with that idea bc the NC teams no longer have home court advantage!!!

Mar 11, 2020, 8:18 PM

Bummer, hate it for the fans there and the players. At least they did not cancel the tourney like the Ivy league.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2020, 10:15 PM

kctigs81 said:

Bummer, hate it for the fans there and the players. At least they did not cancel the tourney like the Ivy league.

If it is that bad then the tournament should have been canceled. People may get their money back for tickets but they will have lost the money for travel and a place to stay.

Sweet! A little home court advantage for our Tigers

Mar 11, 2020, 8:18 PM

the rest of the way?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sweet! A little home court advantage for our Tigers

Mar 11, 2020, 8:21 PM

I wonder if I get a refund for these ultra expensive tickets????

Re: Sweet! A little home court advantage for our Tigers

Mar 11, 2020, 9:53 PM

Doubt it. Read your ticket. Of course, they CAN do what they want to.

Awesome. Greatly helps our chances.***

Mar 11, 2020, 9:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh mercy... We must all self-suicide

Mar 11, 2020, 10:04 PM

Re: Oh mercy... We must all self-suicide

Mar 12, 2020, 12:02 AM

you first

Still too risky

Mar 11, 2020, 10:50 PM

The entire thing needs to be computer simulated.

I really, really tried not to respond here... BUT

Mar 11, 2020, 10:55 PM

Dear god! Please let every over reactor get this and die! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!

What a crock of bull@#$& this whole hyped up thing is! Argghhhh...

If only we could wipe out 1/3rd of humanity. Especially those over 70. We could stop climate change AND save SS and Medicare!

If only... ??

Re: I really, really tried not to respond here... BUT

Mar 12, 2020, 12:03 AM

Billy,

Is your grandfather still alive ?

Or did you kill him off already ??

I’m closer to 70 myself, so not being selfish with my point

Mar 12, 2020, 6:19 AM

on this... Just using absurdity to make a point.

Most of the folks freaking out over this virus (or Ebola or West Nile or name your favorite crisis of the day) are the same folks who freak out over climate change, fundamental SS and medicare program changes to stop that ponzi scheme, or strict border security.

Enough of the faux hysteria. We will live until we die and yes, sometimes we have to make difficult decisions. Everything will be ok either way. It is not the end of the world. Keep on keeping on and just be happy. And be courageous while doing it!

Good lord. I’ve never seen such whining and gnashing of teeth as we now have these days by our younger generations. If we have to rely on this group of youngsters to save the world like we had to in WW II, we are doomed. ??

Message was edited by: hufferbilly®

Message was edited by: hufferbilly®

Mar 12, 2020, 12:12 AM

If you are concerned and an event is not canceled, you don't have to go.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic