Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The local gun range was extremely active yesterday.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

The local gun range was extremely active yesterday.

May 31, 2020, 7:31 AM

Not sure what's up, but I can hear the gun range from my house, and it was off the charts loud and long yesterday. I guess everyone just got a new gun or just wanting to make sure their gun works. The dogs in the neighborhood had a very long day, and barked non-stop for hours. There must be an ill wind blowing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The local gun range was extremely active yesterday.

May 31, 2020, 7:34 AM

they were probably all watching the riots on TV and fantasizing about dirty harry

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably making sure they can protect themselves in case the

May 31, 2020, 7:47 AM

looting continues.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Probably making sure they can protect themselves in case the

May 31, 2020, 7:57 AM

This is why I keep several Spitting Cobras in my front yard. Looters will think twice about robbing me.

Does invisible fence work with them?***

May 31, 2020, 8:48 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does invisible fence work with them?***

May 31, 2020, 1:26 PM

I doubt they are going anywhere, they spent the last few weeks burrowing a network of tunnels under my yard.

How big is your yard and how long is their leash?***

May 31, 2020, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Probably making sure they can protect themselves in case the ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2020, 7:52 AM

You sure the noise you heard isn't from the motion activated shotgun sound which fires when birds come to eat planted seed? That often occurs in Clemson, especially this time of year. I hear it as early as 4-5 AM and through-out the day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was in a store yesterday picking something up for the boat

May 31, 2020, 8:44 AM

and saw a "quiet man" with an armload of ammo boxes checking out in front of us.

I reckon we can either have a civil war

May 31, 2020, 9:06 AM

or rethink the way we police our communities. Letting them get away with brutality and murder on a semi-regular basis is what got us here. I know which option I'd prefer.

Re: I reckon we can either have a civil war

May 31, 2020, 1:19 PM

Ha. Police brutality against poor innocent folks huh. My guess is police go after those who commit crimes the most. Do they always get it right, no.

Dont worry though, talking to someone yesterday who informed me alot of cops are about to basically quit policing problem areas and delay arriving to calls in some areas. So basically, you'll get your wish. Less cops and hopefully more thinning of the herd

That's fine.. most of them need to find a new occupation

May 31, 2020, 2:03 PM

I wish them the best of luck finding something that pays nearly as much as a cop can make working OT and private gigs, with their "qualifications".

Hope that's accurate.

May 31, 2020, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I reckon we can either have a civil war ]

Can't wait for the wailing about the police NOT being in their neighborhood.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope that's accurate.

Jun 1, 2020, 12:18 AM

Already saw where a lot of businesses have already stated they will not reopen the burned out or looted stores. Target and CVS were two.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I reckon we can either have a civil war

Jun 1, 2020, 1:46 AM [ in reply to Re: I reckon we can either have a civil war ]

It's probably best that those neighborhoods work things out on their own. It'll give them a sense of pride after they've shown the world how they can come together for each other.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2020, 10:58 AM

Just to clarify, there are multiple shots fired at the same time - maybe 20-30 because I'm guessing. It is not ONE gun being shot repeatedly. And it went on most of the day.

The odd thing is - and I might have never noticed it, but they were shooting again this morning. I never recall them shooting on a Sunday before, and I've been here for many years.

I personally do not own a gun, but my daughter does, and loves to shoot. I could walk to the gun range, but I just never desired to own a gun. But, we're thinking of getting one, which is truly odd for my wife and I.

If for the home, get a shotgun...***

May 31, 2020, 1:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If for the home, get a shotgun...***

May 31, 2020, 9:40 PM

100% agree, a 20 gauge with #3 Buck is perfect for everyone in the household to handle.

When seconds count cops are only minutes away***

May 31, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: The local gun range was extremely active yesterday. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic