Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
PL Net
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 559

PL Net

Jan 25, 2021, 8:56 AM

Pain

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Lamps out.

Jan 25, 2021, 9:11 AM

Some German likely in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tuchel though, he should be decent with $200M to spend

Jan 25, 2021, 9:14 AM

this summer and 18 months to win or else.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read something this morning

Jan 25, 2021, 9:24 AM

That quoted a source close to the board that said even in August, before a game was even played, that said, "the moment he goes on a bad run of four-give games, Chelsea will decide to make a change."

What in the actual hell sort of gameplan is this? I am kind of indifferent, from a results standpoint, about this sacking.. but I think he deserved till the end of the year, especially after what happened last year with the youth.

There have also been rumors about unhappy players in the dressing room. Like who? Rudiger and Jorginho? The deadwood are unhappy? So what.

Im hurt, Greenr

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is he being blamed for the underperforming signings,

Jan 25, 2021, 9:31 AM

especially Werner?

Not sure how Ziyech and Havertz are playing, I just know Werner is supposedly underperforming.

Hard for a club legend to leave that way, I feel bad for him.

Glad Arsenal doesn't have quite the tight leash on Arteta, but we will eventually need someone to take the fall for signing Pepe for $72M. Dude is just not that good. And the Willian signing is terrible too (duh!). Edu is an Arsenal legend and he may take the fall for those two.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think the underperforming signings were part of the

Jan 25, 2021, 9:35 AM

reasoning. I genuinely think it was the poor run of form, because that's all that matters at the end of the day. Are the underperforming signings part of that? Absolutely.

Werner is the scapegoat in all of this, and I genuinely think thats misguided. Is he struggling to put the ball in the net? Absolutely. But outside of his poor goal scoring form, hes really doing a lot off the ball. The effort and energy are there because he puts together massive shifts each time out, just can't score.

Havertz on the other hand... I genuinely hope his whole issue is the covid diagnosis. He is much more disappointing to me than Werner.

Even if he doesn't score another goal for Chelsea

Jan 25, 2021, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Is he being blamed for the underperforming signings, ]

Werner is immensley talented and misused. He's the best nine that Chelsea has had since Diego Costa. Lampard tried to shoehorn him into a predetermined slot, trying to remain loyal to Abraham.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But even when played as a 9

Jan 25, 2021, 9:47 AM

He wasn't scoring. I think he is a great player, and will come good for sure, but I appreciate his effort. You could see after the missed penalty yesterday how much this is bothering him. I like to look at the difference between him and Morata during their poor run of forms. Morata whined and played the woe is me card. Werner is the opposite and it just fuels him more.

Every time as a coach I've tried to move a true nine

Jan 25, 2021, 11:47 AM

to a seven or eleven, like Lampard did, it screws them up. Every time. Rare are the guys like Messi or Hazard that can float all over the field and be effective.

Lampard did the wrong thing by playing Havertz and Werner

Jan 25, 2021, 1:18 PM

and Pulisic out of position. Everyone knows this. But even if his "natural" position, he wasn't scoring at the rate he should have. Are you saying it "messed them up" long term, or just while they were out of position?

When a nine is in great form, it's very easy

Jan 25, 2021, 1:59 PM

to disturb that. Not saying Werner was. But I had a nine, who I moved to an 11 for a tournament, didn't get her confidence back for about six months.

Understood, and I don't disagree with you

Jan 25, 2021, 2:56 PM

You're the expert on the coaching matters. It is nuts how finnicky "form" can be. Especially since Chels went 17 unbeaten and then... this disaster.

I hope Tuchel can get us back into the top four, but leaning on past experiences, the board and players don't do so hot with a coach with a personality.

Replies: 11
| visibility 559
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic