Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What’s wrong with the baseball team.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

What’s wrong with the baseball team.

Apr 17, 2018, 8:49 PM

Perhaps we get hot in post season. But this doesn’t look like the same baseball team we had beginning of the year

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What’s wrong with the baseball team.

Apr 17, 2018, 8:53 PM

I see us traveling in the post season. At 26 wins. I am seeing 10 more on the schedule. 36 wins and we may not host. Teams are taking advantage of our inability to hit anything other than a fastball. We are built a little like the old LSU teams. Power but low averages. That doesn't win today against good competition.

Apr 17, 2018, 8:54 PM

How many National Championships did the old LSU teams win ?

I would take a sliver of their success in the postseason .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 17, 2018, 8:58 PM

Today's game has changed. They changed the balls and the bats. It has dramatically change the style of play. Omaha is even built different. Watch the world series this year. Not many flying out of there these days. It's dominate pitching and situational hitting. Situational is something that we can't do at all.

Apr 17, 2018, 9:03 PM

It’s like a good men’s softball league, just dropping hits in the right spots and cranking one out at the right time

Apr 17, 2018, 10:01 PM

That's the problem this is not slow pitch!!!!!!!! The worst sport ever

They can't hit the ball.***

Apr 17, 2018, 9:56 PM

Re: They can't hit the ball.***

Apr 17, 2018, 10:01 PM

But Jack was awful

Apr 18, 2018, 3:01 PM

Yes, that too.

We have the lowest team batting average in

Apr 17, 2018, 10:03 PM [ in reply to They can't hit the ball.*** ]

the ACC. Very fortunate to have won as many as we have. But it is catching up with us as the season progresses. Many of our pitchers are young and have not pitched this many innings before and may be hitting the “wall”. Need our offense to turn it on asap.

Apr 17, 2018, 10:04 PM [ in reply to They can't hit the ball.*** ]

Probably my biggest gripe. This was supposed to be a “power hitting” team. Team batting average heading towards Mendoza.........Disappointed to say the least.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Apr 18, 2018, 8:51 AM [ in reply to They can't hit the ball.*** ]

The lineup includes several players batting at or below .250 which, at the collegiate level, is terrible.

Logan Davidson - .246

Robert Jolly - .243

Kyle Wilkie - .229

Drew Wharton - .221

Bryce Teodosio - .159

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 17, 2018, 10:02 PM

That’s baseball, hot and cold, ups and downs. You just have to hope you get hot at the right time. Got the talent to make a push.

Apr 17, 2018, 10:04 PM

We need a hitting coach because what’s being taught is not working.
You can’t rely on the long ball , it’s about timely hitting and good base running.

Apr 18, 2018, 3:10 PM

Monte is the main hitting coach.

Outfield defense has hurt us in 2 of the last 3

Apr 17, 2018, 10:08 PM

losses, and I didn't see the second loss to Miami. Wharton failed to get to catchable balls, Beer could have had a catch on the triple tonight, and Meredith fell down at the wall and didn't hold onto a ball in the 8 run 9th Friday.And as said above - we ain't hitting anything.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2018, 10:55 PM

Jeffro74 had probably one of the better explanations than any I’ve seen. Monte philosophy is exactly what he’s trying to get too. Recruiting athletes to play good defense and baseball smarts as well as pitching. That being said:

Our d1 stats are horrible. Very fortunate to have the record we do. Our pitching has been ok. Think this game makes us 1-6 against top 25 teams.

We have a very favorable looking schedule from here on out. We’ll definitely make a regional, probably host a regional with a little luck, a sweep or two in May. That’s not bad... but it’s not acceptable to me for Tigers to just get in or host a regional. Time for some championships and trips to Omaha. Omaha was a staple and we’re starring at close to a decade without a trip.

I really like Monte and have been a big supporter of his. I like his philosophy but sadly our record against top 25 teams (that finish top 25) in 2.5 years coaching is horrendous. Excuses starting to wear thin that said pitcher just had a great night against us etc etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Apr 18, 2018, 8:17 AM

90-17

Apr 18, 2018, 2:35 PM

I smell chicken....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Apr 18, 2018, 2:51 PM

48 per cent of all of our runs scored this year have come from the home run. It's feast or famine. Most teams now
Have us scouted and play our left handed hitters with the third baseman pulled over to the right side of the infield.
Even though this leaves third base vulnerable we don't take advantage and continue to hit to the right side into a lot
Of double plays. Either this is bad coaching or the players just can't hit to the vacant hole in the infield. Add this to no bunts no hit and run and we have a team that is not taking advantage of what the other team is giving us

they got the confuse with the basketball team making it

Apr 18, 2018, 3:58 PM

to the sweet 16.
:)

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic