Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How we lost a commitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 672

How we lost a commitment

Aug 15, 2020, 9:14 PM

“Between the classes of 2015 and 2020, zero recruits who had verbally pledged to play for the Tigers changed their minds.

“Two players in the 2021 class have done just that, most recently cornerback Jordan Hancock, who switched to Ohio State. A person close to Hancock said Swinney’s response to the Floyd killing didn’t directly factor into Hancock’s decision. But last month, Hancock tweeted an anguished emoji when sharing a video of vehicles, adorned with Confederate flags, passing through Clemson in response to the Black Lives Matter rally on campus.“ https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/24/dabo-swinney-clemson-black-lives-matter/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How we lost a commitment

Aug 15, 2020, 9:18 PM

Hope he doesn't join the military. He will run into a lot of differing opinions and personalities he won't like. Hope he stays close to home. World is a hard lesson for those thinking it will conform to them.

Wish the recruit the best

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Aug 15, 2020, 9:43 PM

this is one of the stranger rationalizations I have seen that was not posted by MiuraTiger®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not strang at all

Aug 16, 2020, 7:44 AM

simply the facts of life.

If Clemson loses a recruit because of people who live around Clemson, then those recruits should stay in a safe place that protects their fragile sensibilities - if that is truly the issue. My bet is the recruit is just being "mouthy" and using this as a means to an end that is opposite to someone else with influence in their life. See mom or dad.

Not one person can make a person or a community of people act like they think they should. And, I have never lived in any one place where there is not racism - whether cloaked or not. I bet the recruit hasn't either.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

So driving around with Confederate flags

Aug 15, 2020, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: How we lost a commitment ]

is just a matter of “differing opinions”? This recruit saw a racist aspect of the region and it was enough to change his mind. Some people are a threat to our recruiting, and they need to be cast out of polite society. Of the many godawful aspects of this administration, the worst has to be that racists now feel empowered to slither out from under their rocks.

Re: So driving around with Confederate flags

Aug 15, 2020, 9:48 PM

they are fully entitled to drive with their flags around clemson, there is no law against that. I am not sure how the administration is legally able to do anything about this.

Your support for this sort of thing is

Aug 15, 2020, 10:02 PM

detrimental to the program. Do you not see that?

Re: Your support for this sort of thing is

Aug 15, 2020, 10:31 PM

I am not supporting it at all, I find it detstable and I highly doubt those were clemson fans involved.

If you want to get rid of these bozos, the City of Clemson needs to pass an ordinance banning it from public display.

We’re in complete agreement on that.***

Aug 15, 2020, 11:30 PM

Nobody on here supports their message

Aug 15, 2020, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Your support for this sort of thing is ]

will Ohio State even play football in 2021?***

Aug 15, 2020, 9:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: will Ohio State even play football in 2021?***

Aug 15, 2020, 9:45 PM

probably, the new COVID safe uniform designs are already being tested.

What’s that got to do with our recruiting?***

Aug 15, 2020, 9:46 PM [ in reply to will Ohio State even play football in 2021?*** ]

We lost one because we didn't have a Chic-Fil-A

Aug 16, 2020, 7:52 AM

It happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could you blame him?***

Aug 16, 2020, 8:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So he's a sensitive guy?

Aug 16, 2020, 8:52 AM

That is great characteristic to usher a youth into manhood.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2020, 9:03 AM

You are bad at trolling

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2020, 10:13 AM

well....Bye Felicas!

Replies: 17
| visibility 672
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic