Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Need some junge knowledge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 344

Need some junge knowledge

Nov 25, 2020, 6:24 PM

What prices have y’all seen on the Pappy 10 year bottles this year or in the past?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Need some junge knowledge

Nov 25, 2020, 6:26 PM

Re: Need some junge knowledge

Nov 25, 2020, 6:29 PM

Actually used that search to plead the case to the fiancé, was hoping someone had run into a bottle in their local store a little cheaper for a good anecdotal comparison.

JFC... that's insane, I wouldn't pay that much for the sweet

Nov 25, 2020, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Need some junge knowledge ]

nectar of sweat dripping off Raquel Welch's taint in her prime. OK, that may be a lie.

With pinkie finger extended - "You know, Harrington... it does initially waft of excess dingleberry, but the pure unadulterated dankness of the aftertaste is absolutely stellar."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

I’ll never complain about $16 four packs of good beer again***

Nov 25, 2020, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Need some junge knowledge ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

What's Pappy 10?

Nov 25, 2020, 6:35 PM

You mean the wizard Pappy?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's Pappy 10?

Nov 25, 2020, 6:38 PM

That’s the one. Ever tried it?

Make me an offer

Nov 25, 2020, 6:44 PM
pappy.png(2.6 MB)

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have. That bottle has blown up on the secondary this year.

Nov 25, 2020, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: What's Pappy 10? ]

It's dumb. I have a 2017 that I think I paid $200ish for, that's going for $600+ today. The store in my hood that just got their BT stuff in had a bottle or two, but it was absurdly priced, just like everything else, pretty much above secondary. I want to say it was $800 or $1,000, but I couldn't see that well through the tears of laughter. If $600 isn't too hefty for ya, that's the going rate for those who don't have connections to retail pricing.

It's a good pour, but it isn't $600 good. Go get Michter's 10 bourbon (or rye) for $200-250--any year of those are just as good or better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have. That bottle has blown up on the secondary this year.

Nov 25, 2020, 7:08 PM

Great information! The bottle I found tonight is under that level so I’ll probably pick it up on Friday.

I’ll add Michter 10 to my list I’ve been working through.

I had Pappy once. Wasn't that impressed. Was too harsh

Nov 25, 2020, 8:37 PM [ in reply to I have. That bottle has blown up on the secondary this year. ]

for a sipper. I'm fond of the Buffalo Trace bourbons. They're smooth and not too harsh. WAY best bang for your buck IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I had Pappy once. Wasn't that impressed. Was too harsh

Nov 25, 2020, 9:09 PM

I like the Buffalo Trace too, the place I found the 10 year tonight holds most of the 1.75 bottles they get in for me. They just haven’t been getting it often this year so I was surprised they got what they did.

I’ve actually enjoyed everything from that distillery I’ve tried, just haven’t been around anyone that was openly sharing their Pappy.

Replies: 11
| visibility 344
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic