Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After the Hilinski State Newspaper Scandal...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,179

After the Hilinski State Newspaper Scandal...

Sep 23, 2019, 11:52 AM

I feel the Lamecock's administration should ban all university athletes from having any contact with The State newspaper for the remainder of the football season. They should not get away with smearing the name of his deceased brother. It was not a simple play on words. That is truly incomprehensible.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Re: After the Hilinski State Newspaper Scandal...

Sep 23, 2019, 12:08 PM

They were not attempting to smear his brother’s name.

It was a reference to the fact that yet another coot QB was held up us the savior of the program.

The bottom line is the South Carolina program is once again a laughing stock and they are just lashing out at anybody they can.

It’s funny they whine about this headline but they have no problem accusing Clemson of cheating and running Dabo’s name through the mud.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 12:23 PM

I think it was someone trying to be clever.

Journalists are very often smartas$es. But this was a huge mistake.

Being a smarta$s by nature myself, I know well what it is to go a little too far trying to be clever.

Sep 23, 2019, 3:04 PM

Surely they didn't knowingly make that pun. If it was a mistake, they should be fired. If it was intentional, they may go to hell (and should be fired).

Whatever the intent, it was a disgusting headline and

Sep 23, 2019, 3:45 PM

heads should roll in that nothing newspaper.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: After the Hilinski State Newspaper Scandal... ]

Something’s are bigger than Football or rivakry.That headline was thought out and planned far in advance and it was and is despicable! And any take on it other than calling it out as such is also despicable!

Sep 23, 2019, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: After the Hilinski State Newspaper Scandal... ]

"It’s funny they whine about this headline but they have no problem accusing Clemson of cheating and running Dabo’s name through the mud."

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/forums/post!reply.jspa?messageID=26017480&forumID=1#ixzz60NBfl84E

The fact that you seriously think:

A. Being appalled at the disgusting inferences that could be made from the headline has anything at all with how Ryan performs as our QB...or "whining" about it as your extremely immature mind formulated the thought.

and

B. "Accusing Clemson of cheating and dragging Dabo's name thru the mud"

are comparatively similar in ANY way, shape, form or fashion then it pretty definitively speaks to your complete and utter lack of any class, conscience or concern for others AT ALL.

One is about a college kid who took his own life and the foundation formed in his memory to help ALL athletes (including any of yours if they ever required it) who suffer from any form of mental illness find the help necessary to possibly save their lives as well as trying to remove the stigma attached to mental illness. It has NOTHING to do with the actual game of football, rivalries, coaches or trash talk AT ALL.

The other is football-centric and no different than what your fans do to us just as frequently as we do to y'all and simply substituting one insult for another in a fill in the blank fashion pretty much on a daily basis...and it goes both ways. We do it to you, y'all do it to us.

If you are unable to discern the difference I'd suggest a long, LONG session..or series of sessions..of seriously in-depth self evaluation because there is something VERY wrong with you.

Sep 23, 2019, 12:29 PM

I don't think they meant it maliciously because Hilinski was their hope. If they would have used it in the reverse in that if they would have won no one would have said anything but because they lost people want to get their rear end all hurt about it. I'm glad I don't get offended by what other people say. I have enough problems on my own to worry about then to worry about what someone says or writes. Thats why I'll live longer than those people.

Amen. Although I do think it was in poor taste***

Sep 23, 2019, 12:34 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Sep 23, 2019, 12:43 PM

I think it was a simple mistake by the State newspaper. It is being blown way out of proportion. The State paper has apologized.

It also is a timely distraction away from Ray Tanner and Will Muschamp and the sorry state of affairs of the football program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 12:58 PM

Agreed. The State may need to question the quality of their reporters and editors, but nobody would have intentionally posted that headline knowing the back story. Shows a lack of what I would think should be necessary knowledge for the job, but I am sure it was a mistake.

Just a stupid rag printing stupid things...

Sep 23, 2019, 12:47 PM

...pretty much on par for the fake news media. It wasn't intentional or meant to be malicious....they are just making dumb decisions without thinking about it first.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just a stupid rag printing stupid things...

Sep 23, 2019, 1:08 PM

Much of the larger media "journalists" are arrogant know it alls. Their way is the only way and do not accept criticism or suggestions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 1:04 PM

Whether or not it was intentional, it was in poor taste. I am not one to be easily offended but this is one instantance where an editor or proofreader should have stepped in. It would have saved someone a lot of embarrassment as well as them having to issue an apology for someone trying to be cute.

Sep 23, 2019, 3:52 PM

THIS ****

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,179
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic