Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What we have accomplished the last 5 years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

What we have accomplished the last 5 years

Feb 10, 2017, 11:21 PM

Is simply astonishing. Pasting this post from another site. The numbers are jaw dropping.

"New During the past 5 post-seasons, Clemson has 5 wins over AP top 10 teams: (9) LSU; (7) OH ST; (4) OU; (2) OH ST; and (1) Alabama. We have 9 bowl wins over AP top 10 teams in our history and 5 have come in the past 5 seasons.

For some perspective, UGA has 4 bowl wins over AP top 10 teams in their ENTIRE HISTORY, and only one of those has come in the past 33 seasons (a win over 10th-ranked Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl following the 2007 season).

Auburn has 5 bowl wins over AP top 10 teams in their entire history.

Tennessee has 10 bowl wins over AP top 10 teams in their history but to find their last 5, you have to go back to the 1974 season. (1974 Liberty Bowl win over MD; '86 Sugar over Miami; '90 Cotton over Ark; '96 Citrus over OH ST; and '99 Fiesta over FSU for the title)

So Car, as you would expect, has never beaten an AP top 10 team in a bowl game. I was honestly a little surprised that they had played a top 10 team in a bowl game but LSU, OK ST, and Pitt were all in the top 10 when they played them in the Gator Bowl in the 80's.

Amazing run for us in bowl games and I hope that it continues."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: What we have accomplished the last 5 years

Feb 10, 2017, 11:36 PM

Knew it was an amazing run but astonishing the big bad sec was sucking wind behind us. Goes to show you the power of the press to miss these facts...

Two teams carried them all these years bama and lsu. Them days are over. Time for acc to rise up and become the dominant conference.

Good post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The SEC myth = fake news.***

Feb 11, 2017, 12:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: The SEC myth = fake news.***

Feb 12, 2017, 11:57 AM

Alternative facts

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Feb 11, 2017, 4:27 AM

awesome stats, thanks for the info/ammo

Feb 11, 2017, 7:58 AM

Outstanding info. Thanks! +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2017, 8:05 AM

We are the big bad boogie man now.

Feb 12, 2017, 10:40 AM

Yet the sports media repeatedly tags us as underdogs in most big games. We ain't no underdog!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-mxl2y-Ijg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMiAgnBW_zo

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Ohio state was not in top 10 when we beat them in Orange Bowl?

Feb 12, 2017, 12:26 PM

If they were, we would have 2 top 10 victories against them (just like Oklahoma). I could look this up but I has the laze.

Re: Ohio state was not in top 10 when we beat them in Orange Bowl?

Feb 12, 2017, 12:32 PM

Clemson was rated #11 and Ohio State was rated #7 at the time of the Orange Bowl was played.

Re: Ohio state was not in top 10 when we beat them in Orange Bowl?

Feb 12, 2017, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Ohio state was not in top 10 when we beat them in Orange Bowl? ]

Ohio State is listed twice. Oklahoma was not ranked when we played them in the Russell Ath Bowl

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I see it now.. thanks, Woods. Hard to believe OU wasn't ranked when we beat them

Feb 12, 2017, 12:40 PM

in Russell Athletic.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic