Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What mobile phone network do you have...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 409

What mobile phone network do you have...

May 25, 2020, 9:19 PM

and why? I have Verizon, but want to switch. They are too expensive. I don't really want to change phones, but visible.com and Spectrum would require switch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What mobile phone network do you have...

May 25, 2020, 9:59 PM

You pay for what you get. I have had Sprint, ATT and Verizon. Verizon is so far above the competition. It’s not even close.

ATT was ok, but their hotspot is shotty.

I can remember the best cell service I ever had and that was Alltel. I was living in Eastern NC and Raleigh and Alltel was so fast, even in those days and the BlackBerry was free with a contract. Miss that blackberry keyboard and scroll on the left side. #### a BB Curve. Those predecessors were the bomb.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used AT&T. They had these awesome phones back in the day

May 25, 2020, 10:14 PM

Never dropped a call.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is true. Verizon and AT&T are expensive for a reason

May 25, 2020, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: What mobile phone network do you have... ]

There is no reason at all to go with Sprint. Network is very shoddy and after your 1st year discounts are up, you're paying close to AT&T prices. You can't even browse the internet while on a phone call with them, which is terrible. T-Mobile is probably the best value and with their acquisition of Sprint, I'd have to assume they won't be a budget service for too long.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had Sprint when it was free for a year.

May 26, 2020, 9:22 AM

That was pretty cool. It was fairly decent coverage, but it was almost free (taxes were like $5/month), and work gives me $75/month to pay for my phone, so it was more than free.

May 25, 2020, 10:00 PM

Oh just realized that MeTiger was the OP.

Jitterbug is your friend. Sorry for the last post. Jitterbug all the way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2020, 10:07 PM

work is verizon

got the wife n kid iphones from straightalk, they work fine, they use the verizon towers from what i understand

had to buy the phones, but $45 bucks/month is great for the service

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Verizon guy here

May 25, 2020, 10:09 PM

just never really had a reason to change and heard horror stories over the years about cell service from other vendors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Verizon via Straight Talk

May 26, 2020, 7:39 AM

Same service, but $45 for one line instead of $95. They also just increased to 35 GB bc of virus

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Verizon and they are $$$$$$$$$$$$

May 26, 2020, 8:44 AM

I also want to switch, just never have.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Switched to Verizon from sprint

May 26, 2020, 8:47 AM

Sprint was not good coverage
Verizon is much better

I tried to get a different plan from Sprint, they had me on the most expensive, and the sales guy just repeatedly told me I was on the best plan. I said cancel it and went to the other side of the parking lot and signed up with Verizon, haven’t looked back since

I have AT&T

May 26, 2020, 8:49 AM

and like I told "Ben", I'm ####### done with these caulksuckers. Their internet service pisses me off, wireless is ####, and the price is even worse.

#### att across the board.

work pays for my phone so I'm switching to verizon once I can figure out how to time it with the rest of the family

Verizon unlimited, 6 lines, $206/mo with discount***

May 26, 2020, 8:49 AM

Go to Costco

May 26, 2020, 8:59 AM

They looked at all the plans and phones and offered the best deal by keeping Verizon

2 iPhones and the unlimited service was less than our contract with the old phones paid off. Now that these phones are paid for its real cheap. Comparatively

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

AT&T, it's fine, expensive, but never have had an issue.

May 26, 2020, 9:02 AM

On legacy unlimited data plan, they slow down my internet at 22GB which is annoying - but I haven't come close to that with this quarantine...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Verizon: $50.50/month, 15 GB, unlimited everything else.***

May 26, 2020, 9:20 AM

T-mobile...4 lines unlimited and a tablet plan for $150

May 26, 2020, 9:27 AM

Free Netflix included too so I guess knock off another $10-12 off that effective price.

Those Visible deals do look strong but they have no Canada or Mexico roaming and I hit one of those two a couple times a year.

Verizon network is no doubt better than T-mobile but now that I’m not traveling all over the US on the reg it hasn’t been an issue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2020, 9:31 AM

I have Metro PCS. They give me unlimited everything for 40 bucks per month. Am I missing out on something?

Yeah, visible would knock that to $25

May 26, 2020, 9:32 AM

Provided you have another person on the plan (doesn’t even have to be a family member or in the same house......you could maybe dangle that in front of your “friend” who wanted a sugar daddy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, visible would knock that to $25

May 26, 2020, 9:43 AM

I got drunk and was mean to her recently when she was hitting me up for cash etc. I think I have burned that bridge. No amazing Metro PCS phone plan for her. She probably has 5 phones anyway.

Replies: 19
| visibility 409
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic