Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What leader do you really trust?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 668

What leader do you really trust?

Feb 23, 2021, 12:16 PM

Is there a "Leader" in Washington that you would say, "hey, I trust him/her and I think they have my best interests at heart".

Is there one person?

For me, maybe, Ron Paul. Its really hard to say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What leader do you really trust?

Feb 23, 2021, 12:21 PM

None. I trust no politician.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2021, 12:36 PM

Tim Scott. I called his office on behalf of a very poor family in need of help during a crisis. He really helped!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can see this and I stayed away

Feb 23, 2021, 12:56 PM

from Gov McMaster as I know too much and have been around him so much that it isnt fair for me to comment I do not want to hear all the bashing that would occur.

Abigail Spanberger from VA. Now she is a Dem

Feb 23, 2021, 12:37 PM

so I don’t support all of her policies, but she seems like someone more in the middle, who is trying to do what she said in her campaign. I also like the way she took the Democrat party to task after this past election, calling them out for their more liberal policies like defunding the police.

Totally understand if people disagree with her stance on issues, I disagree with some, but I think as far as politicians go she is trustworthy and cares about her constituents. The tricky part for her is she also represents rural very red counties, so she has to stay closer to the middle to stay in office.

Feb 23, 2021, 12:50 PM

I tend to trust the center-right gang just because they seem to make the hard votes as opposed to the expedient ones.

I always thought Mitt Romney would have made a pretty fair president and nothing I've seen from him since has changed my mind. He's always been at the top of my list of the last few years as far as men of honor and ethics and guys who actually walk the walk. Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski are at least solid. Ben Sasse has impressed me a lot as a guy who gets it. A couple of the centrist Dems have grown on me a bit. I actually liked Pete Buttigieg and think he'd have made a fair-to-decent president, actually, though I didn't have much use for the others on the stage with him. Val Demings seems like a gal with her head on straight most of the time.

Truthfully, though, I generally don't like most politicians in general. John McCain was the last one I really admired and Ronald Reagan was probably the last one who qualified as actually "great".

I'm not hating Joe Biden - yet, anyhow - but I'm really, really wary of Kamala Harris and I suspect she'd be an utter disaster for the country. I hope she never does, frankly. Joe's a clearheaded centrist who's at least holding the left at arm's length; I suspect she would not and I suspect she might lean into divisive populism herself. And that we absolutely do not need. So I'm rooting for Joe to make it; we could do a lot worse, and a lot worse is sitting right next to him, IMHO.

Feb 23, 2021, 12:55 PM

I think a trust/don't trust dichotomy is too simple for this consideration. There are some politicians that I trust more than others. And there are some I trust under some circumstances more than I trust them under others.

Finally, and I think that this is a major idea worth discussing - I try to have realistic expectations of politicians. I recognize that they might have to put a positive spin on things to try to get re-elected. I realize that they might simplify things for the general public. And I deal with the fact that the two parties are going to try to put their positions in the better light.

Given these reasonable expectations, I find that there are more politicians that I trust (in general) than there are that I do not trust. And let's be honest, the vast majority of politicians we do not have any idea about their trustworthiness.

None. Think for yourself.***

Feb 23, 2021, 12:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mitt Romney, Ben Sasse, Adam Kinzinger, Joe Manchin,

Feb 23, 2021, 1:44 PM

John Hickenlooper, Chris Coons, Amy Klobuchar, Bob Casey to name a few.

Saying all politicians are crooks is moronic and just a lazy way out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No more Trump?

Feb 23, 2021, 2:37 PM

Because you blindly believed anything he did or said.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Replies: 9
| visibility 668
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic