Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is up with Dabo?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

What is up with Dabo?

Dec 22, 2020, 7:30 PM

I have never seen him dog another team out like he is doing to Ohio State. Dabo is always calculating in what he says and does. Don't get me wrong everything he is saying is true but I am sure he is doing this for a reason. Does anyone have a guess? It could be just getting under Ryan Day's skin after what he said last year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s not like he just calls a press conference and sez these

Dec 22, 2020, 7:33 PM

things. He gets asked questions by the press and he answers them. No biggie.

Message was edited by: josephg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he is just truly pissed they got in playing 6 games.

Dec 22, 2020, 7:34 PM

He should prob stop running his mouth about it if he till is, not gonna change anything.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tOSU fans seem to be livid about Clemson and Dabo on Twitter

Dec 22, 2020, 7:41 PM

saw this retort...

https://twitter.com/Clemson_Oculus/status/1341429288978034688?s=20

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually ............

Dec 22, 2020, 7:43 PM

I have no clue. But I trust coach so this seems like a good reply to you OP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No kidding. This is not your typical approach from Coach.

Dec 22, 2020, 8:16 PM

I'm gonna go with Day saying Clemson is their #1 focus every day til the game and Dabo offering a heapload of mind worms to the mix to assist in that effort. Playing the long game.

Clemson will focus on Clemson, like we always do, with prep for OSU. It's like a rope-a-dope thing in a way. Get OSU all ready to come out swinging, take it, take it a little more, then unleash the fury from there.

He might also know that as a team we are freaking stacked everywhere top to bottom so 'bring it on' y'all and he don't care.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I might have left the voting form blank.***

Dec 22, 2020, 8:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No kidding. This is not your typical approach from Coach.

Dec 22, 2020, 8:36 PM [ in reply to No kidding. This is not your typical approach from Coach. ]

You might be right. He has a reason and I am sure it is a good one. Ryan Day seems to get to rapped up in Ohio State has never beaten a Clemson team. I would remind him of that if that is what Dabo's plan is then watch Day explode.

This happens every single season.

Dec 22, 2020, 9:42 PM

He says things to bring 100% of the media attention to Dabo so it takes any attention away from assistants and players so they can just do their jobs. He did it last season by saying the CFP wanted to kick Clemson out of the playoff for barely beating UNC and then keeping UGA in contention for the playoffs after killing the team that UGA lost to.

The year before that he did the “well I’ll just quit if winning by 3 touchdowns isn’t good enough" after the UofSC game. The media was all over that.

This happens every year and I believe it is by design to take the media’s focus off of his team and put it on him.

I think this all started in 2016 when Ben Boulware was talking to media and was asked a “Clemsoning” question and Dabo went off. I believe that was before the Orange Bowl against Oklahoma. Could’ve been the OSU Fiesta Bowl instead. Memory is fuzzy about which game that was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep - he’s playing 3-d Vulcan chess while everyone else

Dec 22, 2020, 9:58 PM

is playing connect 4

They don’t see it because his awe shucks I’m just a poor kid from Pelham and they can’t see his genius, which is part of his genius

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: Yep - he’s playing 3-d Vulcan chess while everyone else

Dec 22, 2020, 10:50 PM

I agree. Babo will make you out dumb him with his awe shucks demeaner. That is a big part of his genius. It might be wearing a little thin with some coaches they play. Who remember the Syracuse coach yelling @ Dabo before the 1st half was over saying F-u Dabo. That was not a look for him but I wonder what he is doing now?

He's where all coaches go to die

Dec 22, 2020, 10:58 PM

DC at MTSU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is up with Dabo?

Dec 22, 2020, 10:52 PM

He is going to make OSU get a bunch of emotional penalties to keep our drives alive. Dabo is deep.

I think this is his plan to some degree.

Dec 23, 2020, 9:11 AM

It's good to play with emotion, but not play emotionally.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tkd2000 messin with my money is like messin with my emotions***

Dec 23, 2020, 9:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They played us probably the dirtiest game of any team since

Dec 23, 2020, 6:42 AM

Dabo has been at Clemson. I can see why he hates them.

And yes. Dirtier than USC.

Think their coach and staff breed that in their program. Anyway they will come out and play us dirty again. Only way to stop it is to beat them down hard. He doesn't like their coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic