Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is our biggest matchup this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,401

What is our biggest matchup this year?

Jun 23, 2017, 12:18 AM

First off, of course I'm projecting wins. This is also in league play. The matchups', if I had to rank one and two here they are with an honorable mention at the end.

I'd say Florida State, even though they are in the valley. That RB that they acquired is supposed to be like Cook, fast, elusive. Francois has shown he can hang in there to make the throws. Even though standing in that pocket get's him crushed by Clelin Ferrell and in the medical tent, he still gets back up. They will have a good Defense as always. Sweat is fully healthy now and a defensive match. This team is going to be formidable. However, I think the Tiger's Defense will show who can stuff the run and sack the QB. Our offense will have ironed out by then, look for points to match from FSU, we win on a last minute drive.

Second biggest matchup would be Louisville. Jackson will continue on his campaign like last year racking up rushing and throwing yards. He may be a good college QB, but not built for the pros IMO. Otherwise, he's a threat within himself. While we may also match with a running threat at QB, who knows. Unless their OL has improved, I see a similar situation of Jackson pounding the dirt after getting sacked by Joseph for the 3rd time. We win on Defense heavily, and may beat them with their own game depending on who's at QB.

Auburn could be a team that we might need to look out for. Their QB transfer from Baylor can deliver the mail. However, they have lost a lot on Defense with Lawson and others. Their QB gives them a chance to win, with ample receivers. However, the Defense , yet again will stuff most offensive plays. Enough for us to match in points and win the game in the 4th. The only concern is the QB at that point in time in the season and being acclimated with his receivers and reads. Hey, they are all starting QB's, Kelly and anyone else that has talent who hasn't played 4 quarters. However, after Kent State, we all should have really good idea going forward for a while.
Can't wait for some football!

What say you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is our biggest matchup this year?

Jun 23, 2017, 7:08 AM

All 3 will be very tough. I still imagine FSU will be the toughest this year, though, because they want the trophy back. We won't give it to them. UL got figured out last year after we played them, and they lost much of their offense, and AU is at home which is a plus. I hope we have a QB who is solid by then and who can complete forward passes. Time will tell. It should be another great season for us, though. "We believe that we will win"!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2017, 7:21 AM

I personally believe FSU will not be as good as hyped to be this year. Cook was the whole team,you just don't find running backs like home everyday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2017, 7:22 AM

*him

Jun 23, 2017, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: What is our biggest matchup this year? ]

I agree that he was very talented, I'm certain they will have great replacements - just like we will have to fill the shoes of DW4, Wayne Gallman and Mike Williams, etc. One thing certain, though; I can hardly wait to see it unfold. I think we will be very special again, and it would not surprise me if it were not a 3-peat back to the title game for us and AL. This is fun!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2017, 7:26 AM [ in reply to Re: What is our biggest matchup this year? ]

The game that I am most concerned about is the road game in Blacksburg.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2017, 7:31 AM

Yeah... that's one of those trap games. But I will say the toughest part of our schedule is the Auburn/ Louisville strech, get past those and your looking good. Two trap games, VT and FSU.

+1. I think VT is building something.***

Jun 23, 2017, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: What is our biggest matchup this year? ]

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,401
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic