Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Really tired of hearing espn and national media saying "people don't know where Clemson is"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Really tired of hearing espn and national media saying "people don't know where Clemson is"

Jan 14, 2017, 8:48 PM

Football fans know exactly where Clemson is. They know where Northwestern, Vandy, Rutgers, Stanford, BYU, Tulsa, Tulane... of course they know what state the "Most Exciting 25 seconds of college football" takes place! We travel as well, if not better than any fan base in America so just stop with the nobody knows where Clemson is crap!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really tired of hearing espn and national media saying "people don't know where Clemson is"

Jan 14, 2017, 8:50 PM

I live in Pa and most of those not obsessed with college football do not know where Clemson is. Most guess in Georgia.

I lived in PA a short time myself, Tioga County(Wellsboro). And

Jan 14, 2017, 8:54 PM

you're right, they don't really know their college football up there nearly as much as one would think

Re: I lived in PA a short time myself, Tioga County(Wellsboro). And

Jan 14, 2017, 8:55 PM

All they know is Happy Valley

What is happy valley?

Jan 14, 2017, 9:30 PM

/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really tired of hearing espn and national media saying "people don't know where Clemson is"

Jan 14, 2017, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Really tired of hearing espn and national media saying "people don't know where Clemson is" ]

BS. You must live in an amish settlement.

That's normal. They wouldn't know where Norte Dame is

Jan 14, 2017, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Really tired of hearing espn and national media saying "people don't know where Clemson is" ]

either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know where Northwestern is

Jan 14, 2017, 8:50 PM

should I?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes***

Jan 14, 2017, 8:51 PM

Tulsa I think is in Tulsa

Jan 14, 2017, 8:53 PM [ in reply to I don't know where Northwestern is ]

But Northwestern, I've got nothing!

USC is in Southern California. I know that one too

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tulsa I think is in Tulsa

Jan 14, 2017, 8:54 PM

Northwestern is in Chicago! Great medical school and broadcasting.

It is in the northwest...but ,I don't have a clue what state***

Jan 14, 2017, 9:02 PM [ in reply to I don't know where Northwestern is ]

most folks don't know where Harvard or Yale is either

Jan 14, 2017, 8:55 PM

or Cornell or Brown.

Their problem, not ours.

Jan 14, 2017, 8:57 PM

When I first started getting into football, i didn't know where Baylor was. I could see people not knowing where Clemson is.

Jan 14, 2017, 9:00 PM

Remember when the Red Wings and Hurricanes were in the Stanley Cup Playoffs and the traditional wager between Mayors was proposed between the Detroit Mayor to the Mayor of Charlotte, not Raleigh!

Jan 14, 2017, 9:03 PM

For people up north to not know where clemson/pickens/oconee is, they sure do seem to find it where retirement comes rolling around.

Jan 14, 2017, 9:09 PM

I know that Carolina is in Chapel Hill. I believe Northwestern is in Alaska.

ESPN's scripted sports reporting has grown old. They don't actually have many sports reporters. They have actors that play the part of sports reporters, acting out a ###### that was written, edited and aproved to promote ESPN's business partners. I prefer reporting, I'll do my own thinking.

Jan 14, 2017, 9:16 PM

Well, the dumbarse emcee at fanfest in Tampa kept saying War Eagle until I told him we were Clemson, not Auburn. Then he asked "where is Clemson?" I said, "South Carolina." But where in SC he asked. CLEMSON. Clemson is in a town called Clemson. He thanked me and I left....

Clemson University is in Clemson SC

Jan 14, 2017, 9:26 PM

which used to be called Fort Hill until the town adopted the name of the university as its name too. I'm sure that answer would help people better understand where Clemson is. ;)

Calhoun, SC was renamed Clemson, SC in 1943***

Jan 14, 2017, 9:33 PM

Re: Calhoun, SC was renamed Clemson, SC in 1943***

Jan 14, 2017, 11:45 PM

Before becoming the community of Calhoun obviously the land comprising Clemson and the university was Fort Hill plantation, home of American statesman, Senator John C. Calhoun.

Go Tigers!

Re: Really tired of espn -Period

Jan 14, 2017, 9:14 PM

Sports Center anchors act like a bunch of hacks with their "look at my witty delvery schtick"

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2017, 9:16 PM

Lmao. Honesty, outside of the state, I don't think I could tell you where any of the aforementioned schools. I've also been asked probably 100 times in my lifetime where Clemson is. So... yeh.

Jan 14, 2017, 9:23 PM

Many folks around here think it is in North Carolina.

They must be Atheists if they don't, 'cause everyone else

Jan 14, 2017, 9:43 PM

knows it's right smack dab in the middle of God's Country.

Isn't that more of a commentary on the people and not

Jan 14, 2017, 9:51 PM

Clemson?

At Orange Bowl for First National Champ., a Nebraska fan...

Jan 14, 2017, 10:30 PM

... asked my good friend as we stepped off the bus at our motel in Miami and said, "Where is Clemson?". My friend answered, "At the top!"

Best answer ever.

Funny thing happened during the TV broadcast the game which I watched later, in that a map that was shown with Nebraska on it had the school in another state than Nebraska! Most people, I would imagine know that Nebraska is in Nebraska.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Center of the Recruiting Universe... They'll learn soon enuf***

Jan 14, 2017, 10:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The high profile recruits know exact where Clemson is******

Jan 14, 2017, 10:44 PM

Jan 15, 2017, 12:02 AM

If I wasn't from South Carolina, I probably wouldn't know where Clemson is either.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic