Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is Tajh missing?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

What is Tajh missing?

Aug 20, 2015, 9:53 PM

Accuracy? Speed? What say you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is Tajh missing?

Aug 20, 2015, 9:56 PM

Judgement/decision making

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Going trough his progression?***

Aug 20, 2015, 9:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sammy Watkins,

Aug 20, 2015, 10:40 PM

Dwayne Allen, M. Bryant, J. Brown, Nuke, and A. Humphries all NFL players, playing against college defenses. With those weapons to throw to it covered up a lot of weakness in his arm.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It wasn't his arm that was weak, it was his reads. But

Aug 21, 2015, 7:43 AM

seriously the ex post facto criticism of Boyd around here drives me crazy. The guy was awesome for us yet so many here seem to enjoy pointing out all of his flaws and diminishing his accomplishments.

Re: It wasn't his arm that was weak, it was his reads. But

Aug 21, 2015, 8:02 AM

so, you dont like people talking junk about tajh huh. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh get off your high horse.***

Aug 21, 2015, 8:19 AM

don't let deroberts get you down, he's happiest this way.

Aug 21, 2015, 8:21 AM

smfh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It wasn't his arm that was weak, it was his reads. But

Aug 21, 2015, 8:22 AM [ in reply to It wasn't his arm that was weak, it was his reads. But ]

TigersandCubs , I think it's healthy to have a good sense of humor about misfortune. I am sure that Tajh does . You nearly never see that guy not smiling . Certainly wish he were on the Steelers , or any other NFL franchise , but it isn't looking that good for him .
Keeping it light !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

He may not have had a weak arm, but he had that weak sidearm

Aug 21, 2015, 1:52 PM [ in reply to It wasn't his arm that was weak, it was his reads. But ]

throwing motion. Took a lot of power off the ball. I'm surprised that was never brought up leading up to the draft.

Aug 20, 2015, 11:45 PM [ in reply to Re: What is Tajh missing? ]

Ability to perform under pressure in the Pro's.
Maybe the Philadelphia Eagles might give him a try because he fits Kelly's style.
Hopefully he will give coaching a try.

Aug 20, 2015, 9:58 PM

Judgement/accuracy/ability to read a defense/decision making/gets too tight

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good thing...those can all be fixed/improved upon***

Aug 20, 2015, 9:59 PM

Re: Good thing...those can all be fixed/improved upon***

Aug 20, 2015, 10:04 PM

I love TB but he has not fixed these things in four years of college and two years of training for the NFL which means they cannot be fixed. His brain is not wired for the NFL. He has his degree and a great personality so it is time to move on.

But other than that he's pretty good right?***

Aug 20, 2015, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: What is Tajh missing? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

what's up with that hood dood bad moufing all the current

Aug 20, 2015, 10:22 PM

and former tiger players?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does he not know that recruits read this board?***

Aug 20, 2015, 10:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Does he not know that recruits read this board?***

Aug 20, 2015, 10:33 PM

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Back to the drawing board.***

Aug 20, 2015, 10:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

apparently he's hoping espn reads this bored and is hoping

Aug 20, 2015, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Does he not know that recruits read this board?*** ]

his bashing doesn't go unnoticed maybe thinking he can leave grump & tigernets in his rearviews?

And maybe not beating the dirt pe*ckers!

Aug 20, 2015, 10:41 PM

Know that I really like TB & loved seeing him bull it in at goaline or throw those long bombs for TDs.

And, the LSU & OhioSt wins will forever make him one of the warrior QB's in Clemson FB history.,But not beating the Coots cost him.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

deer lowered lbb, hasn't TB taken enuff bashing from dhood?***

Aug 20, 2015, 10:44 PM

Re: deer lowered lbb, hasn't TB taken enuff bashing from dhood?***

Aug 20, 2015, 11:50 PM

I just tweeted Tajh and let him know that Dhood was trash talking him on T-Net;)

TB's record vs South Carolina has nothing to do w/his career

Aug 21, 2015, 3:23 AM [ in reply to And maybe not beating the dirt pe*ckers! ]

Peyton Manning never beat Florida, and Tom Brady was a part time starter while at Michigan.

Re: TB's record vs South Carolina has nothing to do w/his career

Aug 21, 2015, 5:22 AM
Cuft.jpg(30.1 K)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I think he is missing Brady's height, Manning's ability to

Aug 20, 2015, 10:43 PM [ in reply to apparently he's hoping espn reads this bored and is hoping ]

adjust to any defense, Rodgers' ability to improvise and the zip that Brees puts on the ball when he throws. Other than that, I think he's pretty much got it all :) Seriously, Tajh was such a great representative of our university and I wish he could stick with a team because he is a team first kind of guy.

Judging by all the Miami football ads I've seen on tnet

Aug 21, 2015, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Does he not know that recruits read this board?*** ]

Lately, I'm going to guess he knows and his plan is to convert them to mee am mee

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

coot***

Aug 21, 2015, 2:36 AM [ in reply to Re: What is Tajh missing? ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2015, 11:45 PM

A team that runs the Chad Morris HUNH offense. He would be in the money with a team close to that style!!!

Aug 20, 2015, 11:53 PM

Height.

To quote a leader of the RAG : Spitballing here .....

Aug 21, 2015, 12:23 AM

A contract ???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Aug 21, 2015, 12:27 AM

Playing time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2015, 6:03 AM

Receivers

NFL talent?***

Aug 21, 2015, 7:04 AM

Aug 21, 2015, 7:41 AM

Talent?

Aug 21, 2015, 8:50 AM

I always thought Stoudt could read defenses and go thru his reads much better than Boyd, but Boyd had that cannon arm that seemed to work better for Morris' offense, so Stoudt never had a chance to get better. He sure looked pretty good against OU after other coaches called plays to fit his abilities. I don't think Morris ever understood how to play Stoudt, so Boyd was the man. Great arm, but the NFL will eat him alive when he locks onto targets or fails to make those reads fast enough. I thought he did that too slowly in college, but we always just blamed the OLine.

Sammy and Nuke

Aug 21, 2015, 12:56 PM

Let's face it, they made him.

Yeah I'm sure Tajh wasn't responsible for any of it.***

Aug 21, 2015, 1:05 PM

BS.... give the kid some credit - he deserves better from you....

Aug 21, 2015, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Sammy and Nuke ]

everyone talks about accuracy as being a problem for Tajh,

yet he was the most accurate deep-thrower I've ever seen ( 50 years of watching football ). Just how many times did you see Nuk or Sammy have to come back for a ball thrown deep? Never....

Tajh's problem isn't any different than it is for the average Joe walking on the street or the average desk-jockey on TNET,

being able to read a defense in literal microseconds, assessing where the most likely play is going to be, then putting the ball accurately into the slot not covered on that particular receiver, assuming he is in fact open at all.

This is what makes good NFL quarterbacks, and they're like fighter-pilots - the combination of this "instantaneous judgement" skill with the required physical abilities just doesn't come along too often in the human genome.

So there's a reason why Bernie Kosar played in the NFL for many years and a fair number of strong-armed QB's did not -

the skill of judgement is the skill most required by this position.

It's also the skill least understood by most media and fans, hence the over-stressing of the physical attributes....

Tajh was a very, very good college QB - there's absolutely no shame in that at all. It's certainly more than you've done.

Re: BS.... give the kid some credit - he deserves better from you....

Aug 21, 2015, 3:11 PM

Well, Sammy had to come back for a ball his freshman year at South Carolina that he dropped and cost us a touchdown and early momentum.

Since you asked.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic