Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Come on Huskies!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Come on Huskies!

Oct 23, 2014, 9:47 PM

/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Come on Huskies!

Oct 23, 2014, 9:50 PM

Gotta love that lay a second ago...QB noticing the RB getting lose and coming up to shoulder a block. Might be able to pull the upset off...

Dang...

Oct 23, 2014, 10:00 PM

Had the TV on lame Miami/VT.

For real - c'mon UConn!

What game...

Oct 23, 2014, 10:10 PM

I don't see another college game listed.

TIA

Re: What game...

Oct 23, 2014, 10:12 PM

UConn vs #18 ECU on ESPNU....tied 21 to 21 currntly...

Thanx TM***

Oct 23, 2014, 10:14 PM

Nevermind***

Oct 23, 2014, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Dang... ]

LOL.Looks like Ole Spud was the kiss of death for UCONN.***

Oct 23, 2014, 10:33 PM

Thought it might've been me...***

Oct 23, 2014, 10:40 PM

ECU's definitely overrated at this point...

Oct 23, 2014, 11:00 PM

The wins that got them into the top-25 look worse and worse by the week (VT and UNC), and now they struggle with a 1-6 UConn team. Hopefully the pollsters were watching that one and rank them accordingly.

does this logic apply to all teams?

Oct 23, 2014, 11:03 PM

i mean... should clemson fall out of the top 25 for having two losses, and barely avoided a 3rd to unranked UofL?

fair question i think

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I'm not sure I understand the question....

Oct 23, 2014, 11:10 PM

If you're asking, should teams be under continued evaluation all season, then obviously the answer is yes.

But if you're asking if barely beating a top-30 type of team in Louisville is equivalent to barely beating a 1-6 UConn team who's only win was a 19-16 victory against Stony Brook, then the answer is no.

Top 10 Defense with back up injured QB vs 1-6 UConn.....

Oct 23, 2014, 11:23 PM [ in reply to does this logic apply to all teams? ]

Fair question you think?

I'll have what you're smoking.

why would you want to smoke bitterness, envy, and

Oct 24, 2014, 6:05 AM

megalomania?

Your point is spot on: Louisville is a quality team, UConn is not. Reasonable people can see that in the first series of downs.

People with agendas set to defame and denigrate look only for the most tenuous of threads to raise as a banner for their self-stroking. Truth and reason are not their allies. People with simple easily confused minds will be.

Leave Yorkie to toil in the mud of his own inaccuracies - he's the only one getting dirty down there.

What inaccuracy? He just asked a question.

Oct 24, 2014, 9:18 AM

"People with agendas set to defame and denigrate look only for the most tenuous of threads to raise as a banner for their self-stroking."

Hello pot, meet Kettle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

aaaah...bob; but my, my you do try so very hard

Oct 24, 2014, 1:57 PM

You see when Yorkie says "fair question I think", he gives personal agreement to the idea that Louisville cold be reasonably compared to UConn.

And again, most people not only can read Yorkie's insanity for what it is, but they also don't try so hard to ignore it.

I apologize that we had to fire Bowden - I'm sure you boys would have had so much more fun denigrating that coaching staff over the one we have now. Now? Well it seems you are reduced to little more than

inaccuracy, inaccuracy, falsehood, rant.... pettiness, inaccuracy, rant, rant, rant....

You know what would be cool?

Oct 24, 2014, 2:03 PM

If you could post a link to one example of us bashing the program or the staff.

We'll stand by. Take your time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

But wouldn't that be an "opinion"? Facts can be

Oct 24, 2014, 2:04 PM [ in reply to aaaah...bob; but my, my you do try so very hard ]

"inaccurate"; opinions, not so much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where can I buy some bitterness and envy to smoke?***

Oct 24, 2014, 9:23 AM [ in reply to why would you want to smoke bitterness, envy, and ]

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Colorado or Washington state?***

Oct 24, 2014, 9:24 AM

Do they mail deliver?***

Oct 24, 2014, 9:29 AM

this guy keeps it in stock

Oct 24, 2014, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Where can I buy some bitterness and envy to smoke?*** ]

http://www.tigernet.com/view/profile.do?userID=108724

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Sammy Watkins?***

Oct 24, 2014, 9:29 AM

so you guys are saying that, b/c ECU barely beat UCONN

Oct 24, 2014, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Top 10 Defense with back up injured QB vs 1-6 UConn..... ]

they should not be ranked ahead of a 2 loss Clemson team, who barely beat UofL or we would have 3 losses?

that's all i was asking

is that a fair assessment of what you're saying?

Well, to be fair...

Oct 24, 2014, 9:16 AM

We barely beat BC as well.

Fair to mention that as well?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

excellent point***

Oct 24, 2014, 9:19 AM

So you're saying barely beating Lvl = barely beating UConn?***

Oct 24, 2014, 9:25 AM [ in reply to so you guys are saying that, b/c ECU barely beat UCONN ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

that's not the argument...

Oct 24, 2014, 9:28 AM

the point is we haven't done anything to be ranked ahead of ECU. We barely beat UofL and BC. Really?

So b/c we "almost didn't lose" to FSU, we should be ahead of ECU? I think it's a straw man's argument.

I think you look at our defense..

Oct 24, 2014, 9:36 AM

...coupled with how we played against some excellent teams. We have beaten a couple good teams.

Put that up against ECU, ECUs best win is......UNC? That's our 3rd best win.

Why, on a Clemson board, would you be so shocked folks would think Clemson is better/should be ranked ahead of ECU?

Is ECU being courted to the big 12 or something? Done deal?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Look at it in terms of a résumé...

Oct 24, 2014, 2:08 PM

Can we honestly include "almost beat FSU" on our résumé? When USC can pencil in two wins over Top 15 teams?

No what I'm saying is that ECU should be ranked lower

Oct 24, 2014, 9:38 AM [ in reply to so you guys are saying that, b/c ECU barely beat UCONN ]

because they haven't even faced a top-30 team all season, they have a loss to the only top-50 team they've played (South Carolina), they're #39 in the Sagarin computer ratings, and yes they were only up 3 points to Sagarin's #156 UConn team with under 2 minutes to play.

ECU is getting credit for beating a 3-4 UNC team and a 4-4 Virginia Tech team, and those wins used to look good. The rest of their wins are against NC Central (#223), SMU (#181), South Florida (#116), and UConn (#156) (Sagarin ratings in parenthesis).

What exactly screams top-25 about ECU?

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic