Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What effect does Feaster have on our play calling?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

What effect does Feaster have on our play calling?

Nov 20, 2019, 12:50 PM

Feaster knows our offense, defense, and play calling schemes inside and out. I know our coaches have had an entire season to plan around it, but it's got to be challenging to have someone on the other team that knows all of your plays and your procedures for calling those plays.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What effect does Feaster have on our play calling?

Nov 20, 2019, 12:52 PM

We put in Lyn-J and give him the ball when Etienne comes out.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2019, 12:59 PM

Sorry, I couldn't help it. I am sure we have made allowances for that. But did Belk help at all with any defensive calls?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2019, 1:56 PM

We would have no doubt scored 100 last year if Belk hadn't shared our plays last year. We're better this year, so Feaster's presence will likely keep us from scoring any more than 120.

Nov 20, 2019, 2:12 PM

Chase Brice by the 2nd....

Batson by the 3rd....

Terry Bowden (QB) & Will Swinney (RB) by the 4th.

Trevor, Higgins, ET, Rogers, Simmons, Muse, Wallace all limo'd home at the half.

Nov 20, 2019, 6:53 PM

Trevor will be the starter and bring the first play in from the sideline so Feaster can't tell them what we're doing. If we don't score on the first play, Chase will swap with Trevor and bring the second play in from the sideline. They will continue swapping after each play until we either score or have to punt.

Double Zilch

Nov 20, 2019, 6:58 PM

Nada. Zilch. Zero. None. He can't help them in that regard.

And when he gets the football; you know there will be extra incentive to stop him. I love my brother to death: but if he were on the Coots and we played each other - I would want to win like I want to breath. Like I had to have it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2019, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: What effect does Feaster have on our play calling? ]

Uhhh...no...he doesn't

Nov 20, 2019, 12:53 PM

Just like the rest of the uof5c team, he won't know any more than what he'll see on film.

The signals from the sidelines are changed annually so they'll look like Chinese to him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Uhhh...no...he doesn't

Nov 20, 2019, 1:01 PM

The coaches who scout us and have studied our film will know as much or more than he does. I'm not worried about his having played at Clemson. Remember, he was 2nd or 3rd string on our team for a reason, and I'm pretty sure he saw the writing on the wall that Lyn-J Dixon was in 2nd at the end of Spring.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uhhh...no...he doesn't

Nov 20, 2019, 1:08 PM

It want help him and their offense because we are not playing the same scheme he practiced against the last 3 years. Now he might know some of our calls or tendencies on offense but I'm sure with 2 weeks to prepare our coaches have many decoys.

Nov 20, 2019, 1:07 PM

Kletust said:

Feaster knows our offense, defense, and play calling schemes inside and out. I know our coaches have had an entire season to plan around it, but it's got to be challenging to have someone on the other team that knows all of your plays and your procedures for calling those plays.

He has no effect, Feaster hardly knew the offense when played for us, I don't believe he will know our offense now that he does not play for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Zero. Unless we tackle him softer.

Nov 20, 2019, 1:08 PM

It is easy to see what we do and how we do it. It is much more difficult to stop it or to know when exactly we do this or that. Won’t be predictable by Feaster.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

signals chg + he wouldnt know which signal was correct

Nov 20, 2019, 1:26 PM

I believe thats part of the reason why multiple people signal in plays. Even if you steal our signals, you wouldnt necessarily know which person has the real signal for that particular play or drive.

However, if I were Dabo, I would test this and use this to my advantage. At the beginning of the game, I would throw a couple of familiar signals out there and line up in that formation and use my opponent's anticipation against them with a double move or something.

Nov 20, 2019, 1:34 PM

I doubt it makes any difference at all. Feaster, if he’s in, will be busy trying to figure out where the blitz is coming from and who’s about to mow him down.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zero***

Nov 20, 2019, 1:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2019, 2:00 PM

Expect a healthy dose of Will Swinney all day.

Nov 20, 2019, 5:46 PM

Holding for extra points?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2019, 2:19 PM

If Feaster is able to play, I have a feeling those coots are going to have to push very hard to get him out on the field......he knows what will be coming for him out there and he ain’t looking forward to this butt kicking he is about to get......Go Tigers!!!!

Pretty sure we could give Muschamp a copy of our playbook...

Nov 20, 2019, 2:20 PM

this week, and it wouldn't make any difference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

We could relay our plays to him before every play

Nov 20, 2019, 5:44 PM

and we'd still beat him by three TDs.

Bro they know our plays too from film.***

Nov 20, 2019, 2:21 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a big difference in knowing what’s coming

Nov 20, 2019, 2:40 PM

and being able to stop it!??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is a big difference in knowing what’s coming

Nov 20, 2019, 8:37 PM

Pretty sure Coach Elliot could use a big white board and write "Throw it to Tee" as the play call and they wouldn't be able to stop it.

Nov 20, 2019, 7:24 PM

As sure as death and taxes, it's coming.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic