Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CDC: How many "covid" deaths are caused by the virus?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

CDC: How many "covid" deaths are caused by the virus?

Oct 31, 2020, 9:47 AM

The CDC itself reported this earlier this week:

6% of "covid" deaths are caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
94% of "covid" deaths are from other causes.

Also, after over 200K "covid" deaths in America:

Average age of death from "covid" in the USA: 78 yrs. of age
Average age of death in the USA: 78 yrs. of age

You have no chance of dying any sooner from "covid" than you do from any other cause.

Those are the facts. And another fact - Tigers will blow out BC today!

Go Tigers! Go DJU!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CDC: How many "covid" deaths are caused by the virus?

Oct 31, 2020, 9:56 AM

Why go spreading pesky stuff like facts? You know that gets people’s panties in bunches!

Oct 31, 2020, 10:13 AM

I'm not disputing your facts. I thought we were trying not to overrun our healthcare system. Having to rent food trucks to store dead bodies in NYC is also a fact. They aren't asking much, use a mask inside public built\dings, social distance , wear a mask. They aren't asking us to storm a beach while getting shot at, or to fight an enemy that melts into the jungle.

Just a humble opinion. Go Tigers!

Oct 31, 2020, 3:57 PM

"Your facts" - Huh? Those facts are from the CDC. Have nothing to do with me.

And did I say anything at all about masks? Wearing or not wearing? No.

Oct 31, 2020, 4:47 PM

THose are NOT "facts". They are deliberately misinterpreted.

This article explains how the CDC collects & interprets its data. The main takeaway quote is:

Key to understanding the issues in these posts is that, “If they had not gotten the infection,” Dr. Artandi said, “they would still be alive.”

Which you would know if you actually read the article instead of repeating some headline from the 4th round of a game of telephone.

Here is the whole article if you are really interested in understanding how these stats are actually derived.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-94-percent-covid-among-caus/fact-check-94-of-individuals-with-additional-causes-of-death-still-had-covid-19-idUSKBN25U2IO

Please stop passing on false bullyshitt as if it were the truth.

Oct 31, 2020, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: CDC: How many "covid" deaths are caused by the virus? ]

Agreed, let’s not repeat the mistakes the leaders in New York made.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2020, 10:15 AM

How many doctors on Tigernet? Never knew we had so many. LOL.

What does posting Facts from the CDC have to do with

Oct 31, 2020, 10:48 AM

Making you a doctor? Do these facts form the CDC not matter now cause it does not fit the fear narrative?

if you aren't scared

Nov 1, 2020, 7:01 AM

you ain't a doctor. Only the scared should have an opinion because they don't understand science but can find a scientist to scare them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2020, 10:21 AM

Ha, amazingly let's see if you get slammed? Ha, glad you put up. Backs the radio report where the virus isnt as deadly as media thinks. But I got slammed on my thread.

Your post is the reason I posted this

Oct 31, 2020, 12:30 PM

Just like you got slammed for "yo mama's facts", they're slamming me for "your facts" and that I'm now claiming to be "a doctor."

Your mother, the radio report that you heard, and what I posted ALL CAME DIRECTLY FROM THE CDC!

And the age of death PROVES without a doubt that the number of deaths due to "covid" are being manipulated.

Re: Your post is the reason I posted this

Oct 31, 2020, 4:51 PM

ICA and Wified,

You are both getting slammed because you have passed on deliberately misinterpreted bullyshitt.

Here is the clear explanation of how these stats are collected and interpreted. It took me less than two minutes to find this stuff. Why can't y'all read a factual article before you spread a bunch of lies. I have been providing them all morning.

For the last time:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-94-percent-covid-among-caus/fact-check-94-of-individuals-with-additional-causes-of-death-still-had-covid-19-idUSKBN25U2IO

Oct 31, 2020, 10:46 AM

Here is a plot of weekly deaths in the US in 2020 (green) and 2019 (blue) pulled from the CDC website. The last four or five weeks are incomplete because some states had not reported yet, so this is accurate up to about week 32 or 33; that would have been mid August. I have not pulled the data since then. At the time, the total extra deaths in 2020 was the same number as Covid deaths reported.

Oct 31, 2020, 4:00 PM

What is interesting is that these extra deaths have EXACTLY the same average age of death as the other people dying without "covid" = 78 yrs. of age. These extra deaths have the exact same life expectancy as the other deaths.

Oct 31, 2020, 4:12 PM

Don't be stupid your whole life. You got time to turn it around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2020, 11:08 AM

Fact do not coincide with the MSM's (propaganda wing of the left) narrative.

Oct 31, 2020, 11:15 AM

You have heart disease. You're living with it fine, taking your meds, exercising, etc.

You contract Covid-19, have a heart attack for lack of oxygen and you die.

Based on your cherry-picked, out of context post, you died of a heart attack, not Covid.

This is not rocket surgery, there is no conspiracy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2020, 11:25 AM

Exactly. If a person has AIDS and end up dying from the flu due to a weakened immune system would you say AIDS didn’t kill the person? Officially the person would be marked as having died from both AIDS and the flu. My father passed away earlier this year and the death certificate has 6 different causes listed. People who think that death is always contributed to one single cause of loss have obviously never looked at a death certificate.

Oct 31, 2020, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Re: CDC: How many "covid" deaths are caused by the virus? ]

Did I say anything at all about a conspiracy?

The numbers I gave came from the CDC. They are just data, not cherry picked. They look at ALL OF THE DEATHS to date due to "covid." The exact opposite of cherry picking, by the way. There is nothing excluded in those numbers.

"covid" is a disease, not a virus. The virus is SARS-Coronavirus-2. Only 6% of deaths are due to the virus. The rest are categorized as "covid" with our without a test for the virus. According to the CDC.

If your imaginary heart disease victim died of "covid," he would die sooner than he would have normally died, right? Then why, when we look at ALL of the deaths from "covid," do we see that people are dying at exactly the same average age that they died at before "covid?"

Oct 31, 2020, 11:17 AM

They could die of a heart attack or an asthma attack etc etc due to having covid. Maybe they are diabetic? Who knows? Covid increases those deaths. Thins the herd of people at risk. They matter too though.

Oct 31, 2020, 11:32 AM

There are over 100 million combined people in the US who are either diabetic, have heart disease, considered to be obese, or have 2 or more of these conditions. That’s roughly 1/3 of the population and doesn’t include people with weakened immune systems such as cancer patients.

That doesn’t mean we should all live in fear, but I would t say that simply wearing a mask in public is living in fear. I also feel the need to point out the above because people talk about people in the increased risk category as if that makes up less than 1% of the population or something.

Covid exacerbates existing conditions. Without Covid 19 most

Oct 31, 2020, 11:39 AM

of these people in the lists you provided would still be alive.

Too many people believe in too many conspiracy theories. If you go to the CDC page and look for Covid deaths by age groups you will clearly a lot of deaths are found at all age groups. Not 94% over 78 years old.

Re: Covid exacerbates existing conditions. Without Covid 19 most

Oct 31, 2020, 4:10 PM

False, if you are under 40 and don’t have a co-morbidity, we are approaching the point where you should be more worried about a lightning strike than dying from COVID.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Covid exacerbates existing conditions. Without Covid 19 most

Oct 31, 2020, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Covid exacerbates existing conditions. Without Covid 19 most ]

No, not according to the data when ALL OF THE DEATHS due to "covid" are analyzed by the CDC.

If their deaths were premature, then the data would show that the average age of death due to "covid" is LESS than the average age of death in general. But, those two numbers are EXACTLY the same. The CDC data says that you have no chance of dying any sooner whether you die of covid or anything else.

And as an engineer (your handle), I know that you understand numbers. The CDC did not say that 94% of the deaths are people over 78 years old. The CDC says that the average age of death of EVERYONE who has died to date of "covid" is EXACTLY the same as the average age of all other deaths.

What this means is that when someone age 48 dies of "covid" then someone age 108 also dies (or three people aged 88 die)of "covid," in order for the average age of death due to "covid" at 78 yrs. of age.

That makes absolutely no sense. You must be a Trumper.

Oct 31, 2020, 7:23 PM

Trumpers believe everything they hear from Trump. The soon to be no longer President, and when he does he will have three lawsuits coming after him.

This is very simple to understand.

Oct 31, 2020, 9:24 PM

And it has nothing to do with politics, just the data.

The average age of death in the USA from "covid" is 78 yrs. of age.

It is simple math: if one large pumpkin weighs 48 lbs., and another huge pumpkin weighs 108 lbs., what is the average of their weights?

A little more complicated math: if one large pumpkin weighs 48 lbs., and three other huge pumpkins weigh 88 lbs., what is the average of their weights?

Happy Halloween!

Go Tigers! Go DJU! Beat the domers!

Re: This is very simple to understand.

Nov 1, 2020, 5:21 AM

Close to 100k who have died were between the ages of 55 and 74 and many may have lived longer without Covid. Covid creates heart and lung issues which kill vulnerable people. Covid kills people with immune deficiencies.

Oct 31, 2020, 4:08 PM

Football not covid 19 on this site. Don’t you think we get enough information about COVID 19

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong bored... Go frack yourself. Again, wrong board.***

Oct 31, 2020, 4:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2020, 4:37 PM

This stuff is not hard to check out if you will get off of Facebook and Twitter for a minute

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/09/cdc-did-not-admit-only-6-of-recorded-deaths-from-covid-19/

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/debunking-the-false-claim-that-covid-death-counts-are-inflated/

https://people.com/health/cdc-and-fauci-debunk-conspiracy-theory-shared-by-trump-that-coronavirus-deaths-exaggerated/

Oct 31, 2020, 9:10 PM

The article you referenced says:

"Key to understanding the issues in these posts is that, 'If they had not gotten the infection,' Dr. Artandi said, 'they would still be alive.'"

If that is true, then why is the average age of death exactly the same for "covid" deaths as for other deaths - 78 yrs. of age?

If people are dying sooner with "covid" than they normally would, which the above article states, then wouldn't the average age of "covid" deaths be lower than those who die without "covid?" But it isn't lower, these two averages are exactly the same - 78 yrs. of age. The fact-check article needs to be fact-checked because is saying something that is not supported by the actual data.

Nov 1, 2020, 5:09 AM

The total number of deaths year to date is approximately the number of Covid deaths more than last year. Isn’t that all that really matters? As far as the average age of the person dying being roughly the average age of death anyway, I can tell you that the average age of death would’ve been higher in the future if Covid had never come. Common sense tells you that Covid clearly will have a negative impact on the average life expectancy. Will not be a major factor, but a factor nonetheless. You seem to indicate it has no impact on life expectancy at all.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic