Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What do you Military guys think happen next,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

What do you Military guys think happen next,

Jun 20, 2019, 10:55 AM

do Iran get a pass for shooting down the drone, or do the US start blowing up some of their Sand Castles?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do you Military guys think happen next,

Jun 20, 2019, 11:01 AM

Nope.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 11:10 AM

Iran already considers itself at war with the USA, and is betting the rest of the world and the media will condemn the USA if we respond. They are trying to drive up oil prices with attacks on pipelines in Saudi Arabia and tankers in the gulf. The biggest issue to me is we have political interest in the US (John Kerry) and others encouraging Iran’s action for their own political gain.

Could we send up Kerry in a drone?***

Jun 20, 2019, 11:15 AM

Re: Could we send up Kerry in a drone?***

Jun 20, 2019, 11:35 AM

Absolutely, but this time make sure that the drone is violating the Iran air space, and make sure that Kerry has his credit cards a blast deterrent case so that some of those suffering in Iran from their Iranian leadership can max out those cards!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Iranian leadership came to power thanks to a CIA coup

Jun 20, 2019, 11:43 AM

back in 1953, when we overthrew the closest thing to a democratic government they've ever had.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/cia-assisted-coup-overthrows-government-of-iran

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Iranian leadership came to power thanks to a CIA coup

Jun 20, 2019, 12:42 PM

Yep, that back fired right in the CIA'S face, but, I don't think that would have ever happen if the Brit's hadn't been so persistent in doing what they have always done, or tried to do, and that was to take something that belong to someone else. Just as they did when the free people of America refused to give to the Crown what the new society of Americans had here in America when we were almost 7 thousand mile away from London. The British Crown has always wanted to take other countries, or at least take what ever was the most valued of other countries in the past. If we all hadn't ever grew up and stood up to the British, they would still be taking. ;)

Re: The Iranian leadership came to power thanks to a CIA coup

Jun 20, 2019, 4:26 PM

Absolutely! Colonialism was always strong with the Brits.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Could we send up Kerry in a drone?***

Jun 20, 2019, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Could we send up Kerry in a drone?*** ]

Spud, I will pay for the drone if they can!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kerry IS a drone.

Jun 20, 2019, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Could we send up Kerry in a drone?*** ]

Plus, he is just about the only Democrat who has said he ISN'T running against Trump in 2020, which means he actually is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 11:18 AM

Opinion: "Surgical" strikes on missile sites and gunboat docks. If it escalates from there, Israel will be given green light to hit nuclear enrichment/development facilities.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 11:21 AM

The US will never give Israel a "green light" to do this. It'd hurt our relations with the GCC too much. Us doing it is more likely.

The GCC is already allied with Israel against Iran

Jun 20, 2019, 7:24 PM

Everyone but Syria and Turkey want them as is, gone. No one wants them getting nukes

The day that Israel thinks Iran has nuclear capablity, they

Jun 20, 2019, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: What do you Military guys think happen next, ]

won't wait on a green light from us...

The Saudis may do it themselves***

Jun 20, 2019, 7:25 PM

Jun 20, 2019, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: What do you Military guys think happen next, ]

That plan of action is one that I could actually vote for bc I believe that the Iranian leadership should be crippled and brought to their knees well enough that hopefully some of the embargoes could be lifted so that the Iranian people could have a chance at a better life/livelihood. It's always the innocent population that suffers the most from embargoes, IMO.

Jun 20, 2019, 11:20 AM

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/141604554855825408
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/260421157201784832

Jun 20, 2019, 11:28 AM

Well, it's not like he could have used the economy...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 5:59 PM

Why not? It was on the rise at that time.

Jun 20, 2019, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: What do you Military guys think happen next, ]

Why not? It was on the rise at that time.

Jun 20, 2019, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: What do you Military guys think happen next, ]

Obama just gave them 150 billion in cash without congressional approval so they could continue to fund Humas and its war with Israel.

Jun 20, 2019, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: What do you Military guys think happen next, ]

I'm not sure what tweets from 7 years ago have to do with today's political environment.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jun 20, 2019, 12:19 PM

Trump Derangement Syndrome.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Yes, the derangement of his supporters is wild.

Jun 21, 2019, 8:23 AM

Very serious syndrome.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: What do you Military guys think happen next, ]

After a heated speech by Obama where he said things like

"Mr. President, I rise today to talk about America’s debt problem. The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.

and

"Our debt also matters internationally. My friend, the ranking member of the Senate Budget Committee, likes to remind us that it took 42 Presidents 224 years to run up only $1 trillion of foreign-held debt. This administration did more than that in just 5 years. Now, there is nothing wrong with borrowing from foreign countries. But we must remember that the more we depend on foreign nations to lend us money, the more our economic security is tied to the whims of foreign leaders whose interests might not be aligned with ours.

"Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

"I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.

Later, after his Administration ran up $8T in new debt...

"I think that it’s important to understand the vantage point of a senator versus the vantage point of a president. When you’re a senator, traditionally what’s happened is, this is always a lousy vote. Nobody likes to be tagged as having increased the debt limit — for the United States by a trillion dollars. As president, you start realizing, you know what, we, we can’t play around with this stuff. This is the full faith and credit of the United States. And so that was just an example of a new senator making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country. And I’m the first one to acknowledge it.

I'd guess from the vantage point of a rich guy on the street vs President is changed similarly. Tweets from 7 years ago are from a different position and point in time. Facts change, opinions change.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: What do you Military guys think happen next, ]

why the thumbs down people, it's the truth? Trump is doing what he always does, exactly what he claims other do. Besides, republicans want us in a perpetual state of war. Bush I, Bush II... No disrespect to our military might, but let's use the state department and try flexing our diplomatic muscles for once... except trump won't do that. Bolton is a war hawk, hand selected for this task, and we need another drummed up conflict right before election season, just like trump said about Obama.

funny how that works.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 8:45 PM

If we somehow survived that cockroach Obama, I think we will be okay the any decisions made today.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Just cluster bomb the IRGC***

Jun 20, 2019, 11:26 AM

I don't see a significant retaliation occurring because.....

Jun 20, 2019, 11:41 AM

of losing a drone. It wouldn't be worth it in the big picture. Now, if we lose any people that will be different - would then expect Trump to hit back pretty hard.

Re: I don't see a significant retaliation occurring because.....

Jun 20, 2019, 11:52 AM

$180 million dollar, unarmed US asset operating in international waters. You can't standby and do nothing.

Jun 20, 2019, 8:27 PM [ in reply to I don't see a significant retaliation occurring because..... ]

It’s not the drone; it’s the tanker and the drone. Drones allowed us to catch them quickly and observe.

They want us to draw back our drones so our response time is longer and we can’t see what’s really going on.

It was a message

Jun 20, 2019, 8:27 PM [ in reply to I don't see a significant retaliation occurring because..... ]

It’s not the drone; it’s the tanker and the drone. Drones allowed us to catch them quickly and observe.

They want us to draw back our drones so our response time is longer and we can’t see what’s really going on.

It was a message

Jun 20, 2019, 11:55 AM

"The original American report blamed North Vietnam for both incidents, but the Pentagon Papers, the memoirs of Robert McNamara, and NSA publications from 2005 proved material misrepresentation by the US government to justify a war against Vietnam."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_incident

Jun 20, 2019, 2:27 PM

People ought to know better by now than to argue with JD. He can always find great internet info for his points. We benefit from his numerous links to Natty broadcasts.

All that said as it stands now Trump will be re-elected in 2020. I don’t think he will start a conflict that details that. Ultimately he’s a business man and I think he would rather engage the reasonable folks in Iran economically instead of the Mullahs militarily. The whole region would be a better place if they would prefer commerce to terrorism.

Jun 20, 2019, 12:20 PM

I think there will be some type of limited military response, like a surgical strike on the ground to air missile battery that launched the missile.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 12:31 PM

Iran is imploding from within and their military would
love to get the nationalistic fervor going !
No lives were lost in the attach so I don't we will retaliate
militarily!

Jun 20, 2019, 1:04 PM

^Winner!^

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as no US lives are lost, just keep squeezing them

Jun 20, 2019, 1:13 PM

We use drones because they don’t involve risking American lives.

$180 million is a lot of money, but a pittance in comparison to the cost of military response.

For now we need to hang on and stay calm.

Obama would parachute in

Jun 20, 2019, 2:12 PM

a pallet of money and hope it didn't land on anyone's toes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like he already did?

Jun 20, 2019, 5:10 PM

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/obama-iran-terrorism/

Re: Obama would parachute in

Jun 20, 2019, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Obama would parachute in ]

We gave them their money and we were better off. Trump is a mess.

My Companies and my 401k like his mess

Jun 20, 2019, 7:28 PM

paid a lot more taxes though these last few years

How was it their money?

Jun 20, 2019, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Obama would parachute in ]

That was our money

Re: How was it their money?

Jun 21, 2019, 5:58 AM

It wasnt our money. It was their money we held in sanctions. We didnt give them a dollar of our money. We released their money.

How was it their money?

Jun 20, 2019, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Obama would parachute in ]

That was our money

The best option is

Jun 20, 2019, 3:56 PM

for the Persian people to have a successful coup d'etat and remove the present leadership.

80% or more of the Persian populace do not approve of the present regime. The problem is the less than 20% are the ones that are armed!

Find some Persians and have a serious conversation with them. They aren't happy with what the situation is.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Not Much At All

Jun 20, 2019, 6:20 PM

Not a military guy but I think Trump will use the threat of military action to coerce our so-called allies to go All In on sanctions. This will cause the Iranian economy to completely collapse and then the Iranian citizens will induce a regime change. We just have to be ready to dictate the outcome.

Jun 20, 2019, 8:21 PM

Well, I can guarantee you our current POTUS won't give them billions of dollars.

??

Jun 20, 2019, 9:59 PM

Personally I think they have the bomb. It’s why they are picking a fight now all of a sudden. We retaliate with conventional weapons to the drone downing and they have no choice but to “defend” themselves and drop a nuke on Israel. Armageddon

Jun 20, 2019, 8:38 PM

We gonna do what we do best, blow some shy t up. Then not finish it!

probably not much, maybe blow up

Jun 20, 2019, 10:09 PM

a nuclear faculty or 3... just a slap on the wrist.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are so used to picking on weak countries nobody seems

Jun 21, 2019, 8:16 AM

to have any idea what Iran could do to punish us.

Unlike Syria, Iraq (2003), Panama, Grenada, Iraq 1991, etc, Iran can exact a cost on us that deters us from doing anything. They can sink our ships. They can destroy the drinking water facilities of Saudi Arabia. They can kill tons of Israelis. They can shoot down planes like Vietnam did.

This is why Trump sucks up to North Korea. We can't do anything to them other than starve them through sanctions. Israel and Saudi Arabia are not worried that if Iran gets nukes that they will use them. They want to prevent Iran from getting nukes (or the S-400) because they know they can't keep Iran down once they have the ultimate deterrent. It's about regional hegemony. Not an existential threat.

Saudi Arabia and Israel want Iran attacked before they get nukes or the S-400.

Imo, we have no idea what we can do.***

Jun 21, 2019, 8:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not the salient variable. It's what THEY can do.

Jun 21, 2019, 10:56 AM

We can theoretically kill nearly the whole country of Iran. We know we can do that. But that's not the goal here. That would destroy our country over time anyway.

They can deter us.

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic