Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What bowl will the coots go to this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

What bowl will the coots go to this year?

Dec 5, 2020, 11:59 PM

I don’t see weedeater/poulan/Birmingham bowl lowering their bar that far.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What bowl will the coots go to this year?

Dec 6, 2020, 12:02 AM

they're home for the holidays,which has been a tradition of theirs for a long long long time

The announcers actually made a comment after the game

Dec 6, 2020, 12:03 AM

saying something about South Carolina awaiting a possible bowl destination and a new hire.

I was like, who is going to invite SC to anything? Outside Vandy, they are the worst team in the SEC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The announcers actually made a comment after the game

Dec 6, 2020, 12:10 AM

Beamer Bowl

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The announcers actually made a comment after the game

Dec 6, 2020, 12:21 AM [ in reply to The announcers actually made a comment after the game ]

That kind of sounded funny to me a 2-8 team going to a bowl game! ?????? maybe the Birmingham Bowl. There may be several teams with losing records going to bowl games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't seem like there are going to be enough bowls

Dec 6, 2020, 1:15 AM

that's the first issue.

The second issue is how many teams that will have 3 or more wins.

ACC - 12 (FSU still have Duke and Wake and could get to 3)
SEC - 10 (TN still has Vandy. Miss St has a shot with Auburn and Mizzu)
American - 9
Big 12 - 8
Conf USA - 8
Mtn West - 7
MAC - 6
Sun Belt - 6
BIG 10 - 4 (all remaining 10 teams though have 2 wins. At least 10 teams will get to 3-4 wins.
Pac 12 - 4 (3 more teams at 2 wins) Should get at least 3 more teams with 3 or more wins.
Independents - 3

Just on this list above, I count as many as 87-89 teams that will have 3 or more wins. That would be enough for 44 bowl games. Well, there are only 37 bowls this year. Further, think of all the other 2 win teams that would be more attractive than SC.

Lastly, my guess is that the new coach is gonna have his hands full 1) building a staff and 2) holding onto any recruits and trying to secure a few more commitments. Preparing for a bowl, which is great for development, could be detrimental to building a staff & recruiting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 12:52 AM

I actually hope they play in one. If they do then they either lose another game which is always great, or they become the answer to a hilarious trivia question for years to come. Which team had the worst record ever for a team that won a bowl game?

Dec 6, 2020, 12:54 AM

I’m sure the Citadel would be down for a game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 1:00 AM

I have been really busy at work and have not kept up with discussions. What have I missed? 2 win chickens going to a bowl? On what planet? If it is really allowed, would even the Belly Button Lint Bowl invite those clowns? Even if they did, would this 2 win team lack self respect enough to accept such an invitation? Forget it, sure they would. Ridiculousness is in their DNA as much as patheticness.

"ANOTHER THIRD DOWN!"

Dec 6, 2020, 2:04 AM

The toilet. TigerCC put forth a pretty solid case.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic