Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deep-ish thoughts on Tech, Trump and Things
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 411

Deep-ish thoughts on Tech, Trump and Things

Jan 13, 2021, 12:08 PM

The POTUS is the highest office in the country and arguably the world

For the big tech firms to silence and ban the president sounds awful, right? Aside from the law, the office is above pretty much everything. Before you scream whataboutism or anything like that, can you imagine something like this happening to the highest office? Me neither, never would have flown.

So then there’s Trump. I think we all knew from the beginning he would be a president that’s a little rough around the edges (to be polite). I can’t believe that someone has been able to tarnish the office of president this much. All of the accusations aside he’s been posting from a personal Twitter account since day 1 and has been claiming voter fraud since before he was even elected

If he used a POTUS Twitter account to spread useful and helpful information to the general public that would have been great. He used a personal account and apparently had no filter. In my mind, that means Twitter is essentially banning him as a user and not necessarily as the President. I wish he would have been more presidential towards the end

I don’t think he actually used words to incite a riot. I do think the rioters felt empowered by all of the massive riots and crime spread across the country all year. I’m not even sure (some to most) even realized the extent of what they were actually doing in terms of breaking laws. It never should have happened, but to me there was way more building upto this than a speech.

In conclusion, I don’t think he should be impeached. I’m on the side of that would only cause more problems than help solve anything. 75 million voters would be pretty unhappy. He needs to be punished in some way to show that we can’t treat the office with no respect. (Remember when getting a letter or an award or a visit to the White House was considered amazing regardless of who held office? Now it’s political for example, Bill B from NE)

The very first thing Biden will be judged on is his approach to healing and unifying the country. That should be top priority to breaking down the extreme my side vs your side situation we are in.

TLDR
Tech is “censoring” a person, not the position
Trump needed to learn to keep his mouth shut somewhere along the line, or at least have a filter
Impeachment will yield more Chaos
Biden needs to act fast in uniting US.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the defense for Trump

Jan 13, 2021, 12:13 PM

He was too dumb to know what he was doing.

I'm not a buyer.....

Still, think he should be impeached AFTER Biden takes over. Not before. And only to prevent another run in 2024. If he isn't impeached, he will be arrested for a violation of some state law, no matter how many times he pardons himself.

Sometimes you have to lock up dumb people. It happens all the time. But it's always for the safety of others. You have every right to be an idiot, right up to the point you cause harm to someone else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's the defense for Trump

Jan 13, 2021, 12:36 PM

My right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins. OWH

On uniting the nation...

Jan 13, 2021, 12:47 PM

I'm of the belief that to unite the nation more long term, removal from office is necessary to set an example to those who would weaponize ignorant citizens to attack the democratic process itself.

Yes, many will be upset. But I think the long term implications of not holding the president accountable for his heinous lies (they are obvious, dangerous lies) is much worse for our country than the alternative.

I respect your opinion though and agree with most of what you said.

I can get behind the long term implications

Jan 13, 2021, 1:24 PM

Maybe there isn’t a punishment hard enough aside from impeachment. I’m not opposed to him being impeached, just not sure if it’s necessary, the reasons you lay out could sway me

How about this for a win/win.

Jan 13, 2021, 1:26 PM

We make him eat all future steaks cooked medium rare and without any A-1 or ketchup. He will hate it, and it the same time it might make him less of an uncultured swine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about McDonald’s does that stay or go?***

Jan 13, 2021, 1:29 PM

Yeah, impeachment seems the only option.

Jan 13, 2021, 2:16 PM [ in reply to I can get behind the long term implications ]

Republicans should love the precedent to impeach a Democratic president should they incite violent uprisings against the government through demonstrably false statements. In my mind, we should all welcome that type of accountability.

I laugh to think how Republicans would react had Obama explicitly told a crowd of angry SJW's that Trump stole the election and his supporters hate America. Were the situations switched, I think we would be even closer to civil war than we are now.

I think there are better arguments against impeachment than 'further division'. It feels like giving in even though we know his actions are well within the realm of impeachable. I urge our representatives to protect our democracy now through impeachment, and trust that it's what is best for the future of America.

I'm hearing arguments in the house today 'dems lied about russia so why should we remove trump for inciting a riot'. I just don't see how one has bearing on the other when trump has crossed the line as far as he has. I'm done ranting.

I can go along with most of that. I do think he needs to

Jan 13, 2021, 1:15 PM

be impeached, though. He's not solely responsible, but he absolutely bears much of the responsibility for the riot/insurrection and the deaths of American citizens. People are dead because his because of his ego and vanity...that cannot go unpunished.

As for the uniting of the country, there's only so much Smokin' Joe's gonna be able to do, he's the ultimate object of MAGA cult hatred. America needs to rid itself of this radicalized element and only the GOP can do it. GOP leaders McConnell, Graham, McCarthy, etc...need to be honest with conservatives, all across America, that this was a farce. That Trump has lied to them and we're going to start doing business a different way. Only the GOP will be able to purge the Trumpiness from the party.

Replies: 8
| visibility 411
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic