Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What a masterful job by Coach Brownell tonight.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 3,935

What a masterful job by Coach Brownell tonight.

Feb 2, 2021, 9:17 PM

He should absolutely be in the running for ACC Coach of the Year. It always feels good to beat those pretentious a-holes, but to beat them like we did tonight feels even better. Suck it tarholes!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Could have been by a million tonight!

Feb 2, 2021, 9:20 PM

You still feeling good about the Final Four?

Looks better now . . . when will the scales be lifted from the unbelievers?!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel very good about this team making a run to the

Feb 2, 2021, 9:27 PM

Final Four. And once you get there who knows what could happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The only way they make it to the final four is if they

Feb 2, 2021, 9:30 PM

Make it to the sweet sixteen first. And then they’ll have to win two more games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This team can do that easily***

Feb 2, 2021, 9:39 PM

That is great to know. If we win two games in the final four then

Feb 2, 2021, 9:49 PM

I’m never changing my underwear again. No matter the cost.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is great to know. If we win two games in the final four then

Feb 3, 2021, 7:37 AM

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt your skidmarks have any impact

Feb 3, 2021, 8:10 PM [ in reply to That is great to know. If we win two games in the final four then ]

on the success of this team.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

+1 for the reference to the apostle Paul.***

Feb 3, 2021, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Could have been by a million tonight! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: What a masterful job by Coach Brownell tonight.

Feb 2, 2021, 9:44 PM

Yep. Incredibly well coached game.

Who would have thought we would have started Simms and Tyson as our “big men” a against one of the biggest teams in the ACC.

Plain and simple.... when We make our open shots, we play well. We have lethal half court D. We are not so good in transition. The more shots we make the more half court D we play. It’s not rocket science.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll dumb that down for you even more ...

Feb 2, 2021, 11:09 PM

Basketball is, always has been, and always will be a scoring contest. If you don't shoot well, you won't win many games.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I have always believed that they key to winning

Feb 3, 2021, 9:09 AM

is to score more points than the other team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

It is very hard to argue with that logic....

Feb 3, 2021, 10:00 PM

so I will not try.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great job by coaches and players.

Feb 2, 2021, 11:35 PM

We have only beaten UNC a grand total of 22 times, ever. It’s always nice to beat them!!

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Great job by coaches and players.

Feb 3, 2021, 10:08 AM

I love Clemson and after the blowouts I could not watch My wife learned after the game we won and then I slept like a baby I am not surprised because when it seems Brad is dead in the water he jumps up out of the water like a whale I just wished he could be more consistent even if we lose by a few Congrats and I pray as I did before the game we can get on a roll

It’s not Brad being inconsistent, it’s players being inconsistent.

Feb 3, 2021, 10:15 AM

We need more top 20 recruiting classes to hopefully improve that.

Playing against teams that recruit at a high level exposes even the talent deficiencies we have.

We are getting there, but it’s a process.

Re: It’s not Brad being inconsistent, it’s players being inconsistent.

Feb 3, 2021, 10:23 AM

You have to have an offensive scheme to hang your hat on as Danny Ford once put it We have no identity on offense I’ve been told that by many former players Cliff Ellis had a good inside out game and recruited for that Winning consistently means you have to have a good inside game Look at all the consistent winners over time and you will see this No one can win consistently shooting 3s

We do have an offensive scheme.

Feb 3, 2021, 10:25 AM

Do you honestly think Brownell tells them to just pass the ball around until they get an open 3?

Our offensive sets under Brad are far more nuanced than they were under Purnell.

In what way do you think Brownell’s offenses are more nuanced

Feb 3, 2021, 9:23 PM

than Purnell’s half court offenses?

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

More ball screens, more off ball screens, more dribble handoffs

Feb 3, 2021, 9:50 PM

and more back cuts. All of these things create more movement for the defense to react to, and thus more opportunities for open shots.

If you’ll notice, we usually get open shots. That’s pretty much all you can ask for in terms of offensive sets.

If the defense is switching often and/or fighting through screens, all while having to cover their man who is making cuts, they are going to expend more every and be more likely to make a mistake. They are also going to me more tired on offense.

I don’t feel like we had nearly as much of an offensive identity under Purnell. Most of our identity was to press and hopefully create points off turnovers. That’s fine if the press works. Not fine if we get into a grind it out, half court game where we have to execute. I believe that’s why Oliver Purnell never won an NCAA Tournament game. He had some good teams with high seeds, but couldn’t win in the tourney.

Re: More ball screens, more off ball screens, more dribble handoffs

Feb 4, 2021, 9:39 AM

What good does a "more nuanced" offense do when we can't score points? We were a much better offense under Purnell.

Feb 3, 2021, 3:49 PM [ in reply to It’s not Brad being inconsistent, it’s players being inconsistent. ]

It's been 11 years. How long are you going to say "we are getting there" and "it's a process"?

Continuing to say “it’s been 11 years” shows that

Feb 3, 2021, 7:03 PM

you really don’t understand.

Sorry, I can’t help you.

Feb 3, 2021, 10:57 PM [ in reply to It’s not Brad being inconsistent, it’s players being inconsistent. ]

The only way to be consistent is to play every game at Littlejohn. I doubt the new Commish will allow that.

This is college. Road teams play flat sometimes, and sometimes good scorers get streaky hot.

Even UVa gave up 44 on the road in the second half to VaTech last week; tonight VaTech gave up 52 on the road in the second half to Pitt; Pitt gave up 84 at home last weekend to a weak Notre Dame team. Welcome to college basketball.

The only thing that should not be inconsistent is defensive effort. Brownell’s teams usually do well with that, since it’s the one thing an outmatched team can control. Maybe our last two games at Littlejohn are a sign that our effort is back.

Please stop, you’re poking holes in the myth that gets repeated

Feb 3, 2021, 10:59 PM

here that Brownell’s teams are the only inconsistent one.

Feb 4, 2021, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: It’s not Brad being inconsistent, it’s players being inconsistent. ]

"UVa gave up 44 on the road in the second half to VaTech last week"
Virginia lost by 14. They have won 8 of 9.

"VaTech gave up 52 on the road in the second half to Pitt"
VT lost by 11. They have won 5 of 7.

"Pitt gave up 84 at home last weekend to a weak Notre Dame team"
Pitt got blown out by 26. They have won 4 of 5.

These are not valid comparisons to the streak we had. We lost games by 35, 18, 19, and 26 points during a streak of losing 4 of 5.

Our best team ever is BACK baby!***

Feb 3, 2021, 7:38 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2021, 10:17 AM

I hope we will learn to attack the basket Good things usually happen when you attack the basket Then the 3s get wide open Part of BB is getting the other team in foul trouble and getting plenty of chances at free throw line Only once in a blue moon Tiger are you going to win shooting only 3s Go tigers Coach Brad out coach your competition

Feb 3, 2021, 11:30 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Feb 3, 2021, 2:33 PM

Agree that Coach Brownell did a masterful job coaching last evening. Clemson played with heart and a purpose. They rebounded and executed crisp passing in the half court and fast break offense. The deliberate pace in the half court really frustrated the Heels.

UNC, on the other hand, was flat and played uninspired basketball. The one week pause in their schedule did the team no favors as they had won 6 or 7 leading into the game.

In the arena you can hear everything the coaches say to the team. Brownell was extremely active on the sidelines on every possession, yelling out instructions to the team in the half court offense. On the other hand, Roy was quiet most of the night and simply sat in his chair. Quite the contrast in styles.

Feb 3, 2021, 3:55 PM

Your last paragraph seems to endorse an active style. Many Clemson "fans" just want Brownell to shut up and only coach during timeouts or halftime. I stand somewhere in the middle.

Many “fans” just want to criticize him.***

Feb 3, 2021, 8:06 PM

Big fan of Coach Brownell, but ....

Feb 3, 2021, 9:58 PM

UNC is a terrible offensive team.
And Clemson's offense was pretty bad --- but not as bad as UNC's offense.
It was painful watching such poor shooting teams.
I expected more from Heninway.
Maybe we missed Newman more than I thought we would. But I would not call Newman a pure shooter, like Heninway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2021, 10:37 PM

We’ll let him ride another game or two....lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 33
| visibility 3,935
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic