Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What I cannot understand, is why score only 14 against a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

What I cannot understand, is why score only 14 against a

Sep 10, 2017, 10:07 AM

Kevin Steele D. Makes no sense to me. He is NOT a good DC. How was he able to prevent our O from scoring 35-70 points? Especially when our D held them to 2 measly FG's. Wow.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's called recruiting.

Sep 10, 2017, 10:10 AM

Auburn's D is loaded with 4 & 5 stars. And , I hate say it, Steele up the booth, not down on the sidelines where he can still be signaling in plays when the ball is put into play,is an improvement for him

stated this before,smell a rat ,just like I did at Old Miss***

Sep 10, 2017, 12:28 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What I cannot understand, is why score only 14 against a

Sep 10, 2017, 10:10 AM

Refs

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2017, 10:14 AM

Often times a coach is as good as the players he has to work with. I saw a number of players last night in white Jersies who we courted by the Tigers.

Sep 10, 2017, 10:13 AM

The play calling last night was crap most of the game.
If you are going to start KB got to let him run the show.
They played it too conservative last night.
Like it or not L Jackson will make plays and Louisville will score more than 6.

Sep 10, 2017, 10:29 AM

Yea they will but does Louisville have the defense allbarn has?

He's had good defenses since he left Clemson***

Sep 10, 2017, 10:14 AM

What I cannot understand, is how people continue to complain

Sep 10, 2017, 10:15 AM

Dabo said they intentionally were conservative because our defense was so dominating.

You play to win the game. I expect us to be less conservative vs Louisville as more points will be needed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Steele isn't BV but he's not the terrible DC he gets made out to be either

Sep 10, 2017, 10:16 AM

People underestimate how little talent we had on the 2011 defense. It took several years of recruiting and 3 years of BVs coaching to turn around our defense. It's not like BV just came in and turned things around overnight. The 2012 defense was still bad and the 2013 unit was improved but still pretty average.

Sep 10, 2017, 10:20 AM

I think Coach Swinney basically looked at it this way...

They couldnt do anything against our defense... and even IF they somehow broke through and scored... they would have to go to for 2PC. If they somehow pulled that off, the game would be tied at worst. So they played it that way and it worked.

not really that hard to understand.

Sep 10, 2017, 10:24 AM

Auburn has recruited defensive players as well as anyone in the nation and our offense is still breaking in new starters at QB, RB, and TE as well as center.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not really that hard to understand.

Sep 10, 2017, 11:52 AM

They flashed a statistic on tv last night that said only 22% of our offense returned from last year- which is one of the lowest in the nation behind Nebraska and maybe another school.

Re: not really that hard to understand.

Sep 10, 2017, 12:02 PM

I think as the season goes on the offense will become dynamic. Once the plays start to slow down for KB2 and the rest of the offense ,i think you'll see it have more explosive plays in the running game and passing game.

As far as the defense goes , if the guys get even more nasty as the season goes on, teams might wanna get a restraining order on BV and company!

#ALLIN #WE2DEEP

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We definitely left some points on the field...

Sep 10, 2017, 10:28 AM

Saw one play in the 2nd qtr where Ray Ray hit his defender with a double move and was wide open running down the field. KB was looking that way but decided to run it. He will get more comfortable with situations like that and learn to trust his arm more as the season progresses.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple and easy . . . it's no perplexing mystery . . .

Sep 10, 2017, 10:58 AM

Auburn has a strong defense with a lot of talent. Many teams will have trouble piling up points and yards on Auburn.

Secondly, the argument could be made that this was KB's first real start against a team that could offer any resistance at all, and it was against that strong, talented defense, and it was on the big stage under the brightest of lights.

Thirdly, coaches have said we played conservatively on O because we could, because our D was so dominating. Yes, we had trouble getting it going early, but once KB settled in, we didn't need to be very aggressive.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Simple and easy . . . it's no perplexing mystery . . .

Sep 10, 2017, 11:01 AM

In the 4th quarter, the excuses started coming out about Stidham. "You have to remember, this is only his 5 start in his college career". Duh, it was KB's SECOND.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stidham has the potential to tear lesser defenses apart.

Sep 10, 2017, 11:05 AM

Our defense is just that good.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sep 10, 2017, 11:11 AM

Steele is a good defensive coordinator. People only remember the orange bowl and giving up 786 points to WV and not the games where he held good offenses with our below average talent. Remember going to VT that year? We held them to a field goal. And again in the acc championship, we held them to 10 points. They were a very good offense that year. Remember how good our defense was in 2010?

He improved LSUs defense in 2015 and improved auburns defense last year. He worked for saban before that and was highly thought of at bama. The guy has been the only coach to hold us under 20 points in the last 3 years. This is not an accident. The man is a good defensive coordinator.

Sep 10, 2017, 11:29 AM

Steeler is a good defensive coordinator when he has the right pieces and is opposite a prostyle offense. He is not a good coordinator opposite a HUNH offense . Auburn is a good fit for him and he will do good things there.

Only 19 last year down there with DW. They have some dudes

Sep 10, 2017, 11:31 AM

on D no doubt.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2017, 11:33 AM

I would be fine with the Tigers only scoring 14 every week they play ranked teams, as long as the defense only allows 6...as long as they get the W...who cares???

Sep 10, 2017, 11:35 AM

Im by far not a football genius but I had the feeling if we needed to open the playbook up to score more points we could have. I believe Dabo knew the D had the game in control and didn't want the O to give them a short field by trying to do to much. Besides why show more on O than we had do to get the W. Go Tigers! Kelly Bryant grew up some last night and is only going to get better and that D is nasty.

Because you were watching about 7 NFL players on AU's D

Sep 10, 2017, 12:07 PM

Everyone on that D has size, speed, and strength. Physical as hell, and they play downhill. Steele gave up 70 with a D that was nowhere near as stacked as Auburn's this year. Our team had quit in us under Bowden and the culture was nowhere near what it is now. Steele is a good DC and he has some big, fast, nasty SOB's on that D. Those guys will win AU some games this year because they will drill you in the teeth.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Steele has finally adapted

Sep 10, 2017, 12:27 PM

And the numbers over the last three or four years back it up. It just took him a while.

Plus talent. Lots and lots of talent.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic