Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We've been mostly Vanilla, 110% open playbook
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

We've been mostly Vanilla, 110% open playbook

Jan 7, 2020, 10:40 PM

I'd bet most of us could say our offense has been mostly Vanilla this season with a couple tricks in here and there. I'd even go as far as saying we have used maybe 70% of our playbook.

When we needed to score and ran that 4 play drive, 94 yards, 1:18 off clock: just shows what we can do if needed. Used Amari, and ran an unusual play to Etienne. Take what the D gave us all game, and exploit hard.

I think we'll open up the Middle of the Field Folder in the playbooks, and run out and ins/slants/ a real screen, when we need them. Flea flicker, reverse, sweeps and reciever passes are all mostly virgin (but practiced). Galloway able to get 100% attention at practice. They will be rediculously outcoached in the fourth quarter if the situation calls for it.

This is what our experience in all these games has done for us. We know how to coach all year for a playoff run and we have done it to a T! I have utterly no worries as long as We Play Our game and Be Who We Are. Trust in Dabo.

Barring any major injuries... 45-34 Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We've been mostly Vanilla, 110% open playbook

Jan 7, 2020, 10:47 PM

I think we've seen the playbook. Deshaun actually said "I was at home calling the same plays Coach Elliott was calling during the OHIO St game. I still remember that playbook like the back of my hand."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 10:55 PM

DW4 is one of a kind. However, if he can sit at home and call the plays then we're not breaking tendencies enough. We need to come out and break all our tendencies on offense and defense and put it in the hands of the coaches.

I like our chances to adjust better. Button up them chinstraps boys. It'll get physical, no doubt. LSU thinks we're weak.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2020, 12:00 AM

^^^^^^^^That there is the troof^^^^^^^^

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it’s time fellas! We are going to see our team in its final

Jan 8, 2020, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: We've been mostly Vanilla, 110% open playbook ]

Evolution this week! There is nothing left to hold back or plan for. Time to empty the tank and have fun on offense. I’m like a kid before Christmas

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2020, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: We've been mostly Vanilla, 110% open playbook ]

I disagree. Run what works best for us (all year) and make them stop THAT. If they do, see HOW they are stopping that and then break out the adjustments.

Jan 8, 2020, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: We've been mostly Vanilla, 110% open playbook ]

DW would be a great OC for us one day. Hope that is a possibility.

Jan 7, 2020, 11:03 PM

I’d agree with this, Clemson certainly hasn’t had to show their hand too much, possibly Ohio State but even then the injury to WRs they were likely limited to what they could do. They are extremely well coached on both sides of the ball and look for big game turning plays on both sides..turnovers on defense and big chunk plays on offense..LSU will need to be disciplined on both sides.

Jan 8, 2020, 1:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2020, 6:35 AM

Who is that. I remember the show but can't think.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2020, 6:50 AM

Urkle in Spanish is Urkle

DID I DO THAAAAT? ***

Jan 8, 2020, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: We've been mostly Vanilla, 110% open playbook ]

Jan 7, 2020, 11:11 PM

When we play fast on offense is when we are at our best. However, when other teams play fast, our defense is at its worse.

Jan 8, 2020, 4:39 AM

I wouldn't go too fast because it gives them the ball back quickly.

I think I see the wrinkles being put in...Charlie Whitehurst type short passes to the side and to running backs. ETN loves to break tackles after a short reception.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic