Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
West Virginia's last possession....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

West Virginia's last possession....

Mar 23, 2017, 10:20 PM

was about as bad as it gets.
While we had our own issues at the end of games, it just shows that we are not the only ones.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: West Virginia's last possession....

Mar 23, 2017, 10:22 PM

wonder how the mountaineer mot felt about that last sequence from huggy. aint he a hall of famer

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2017, 10:31 PM

In all fairness they didn't have a TO spend

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Let Carter shoot again!

Mar 23, 2017, 10:22 PM

That next fall away 25-footer is bound to go in!!!

~JKB

Mar 23, 2017, 10:23 PM

As soon as that WV player hit a couple big threes I said he's going to force everything the rest of the game. Last play and he gets double teamed and still doesn't pass till there's 0.4 on the clock.

I wonder if WVU fans are calling their coach clueless, and idiot, etc.?

Mar 23, 2017, 10:35 PM

Because that's what most people here on TigerNet would be saying about Brownell in that situation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Well, let's see...

Mar 23, 2017, 10:52 PM

WVU has been to the dance 8 times in the last ten years; in that time they've had four sweet-sixteen appearances and a final four. So I think that Huggins has enough credibility to avoid being describe as idiot, clueless, etc. Those descriptors would likely be reserved for coaches whose teams blow 20-point leads at home to Oakland in the first round of the NIT.

HTH

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I knew I could count on someone like you

Mar 23, 2017, 11:28 PM

to take the example of a poor late game possession and turn it into comparing coaches' careers.

Either it's due to poor coaching or it isn't. All the other stuff you posted is irrelevant to this discussion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I was trying to say...

Mar 24, 2017, 1:08 AM

If the shoe fits, wear it. A coach with as much success as Huggins has earned respect from results. Where there are no results, there is little respect and much derision. Comprende?

I don't really know where you're coming from, other than you seem to be quite defensive of Brownell. That's fine. If you like him, if you still believe in him, great. We're stuck with him for another year, so I guess we can all pull for the long shot to come through. There were times early on when it looked like Dabo might not make it; and we see how that turned out. Maybe Brownell will have some measure of unexpected success, although him winning a national championship seems a bit more than far-fetched.

Message was edited by: Flying Tiger®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I completely understand where you are coming from

Mar 24, 2017, 11:09 AM

regarding Brownell. I just don't understand why a coach's overall resume should matter when discussing a specific play. Either it's poor end-of-game management or it isn't, right?

It's not irrelevant at all.

Mar 24, 2017, 9:05 AM [ in reply to I knew I could count on someone like you ]

Every coach makes boneheaded decisions at some time or another. But when a coach wins consistently and makes the Tourney regularly those bone headed decisions are more easily overlooked, because they are an aberration and not a trend.

Dabo likes to talk about having "money in the bank" based on past results. Brownell's bank account is empty.

Fair enough, but my point is that it's bad coaching either

Mar 24, 2017, 11:12 AM

way. Of course Huggins gets more of a pass since he has been so successful, but it's still poor end-game management regardless of who the coach is.

Clemson fans complained about Brad's end-game management against Duke when we didn't get a shot off at the end. They suggested that good coaches wouldn't let things like that happen, and would have a better play drawn up. Well, that's just not true - as evidenced last night with Huggins and WVU.

Re: I wonder if WVU fans are calling their coach clueless, and idiot, etc.?

Mar 24, 2017, 4:12 AM [ in reply to I wonder if WVU fans are calling their coach clueless, and idiot, etc.? ]

yes, the was in that case. Fact iOS BB was in virtually every close game this past season. Anyone notice the "arch" defense Saga used to prevent the 3. That is exactly what I discussed on here and was ridiculed to beat the band. Too bad some many on this site don't have any high level coaching experience. might make its easier to communicate. BTW, "rehiring" of BB is a total disgrace. Same or similar reseal;ts next season and you can take that to the bank.

Re: I wonder if WVU fans are calling their coach clueless, and idiot, etc.?

Mar 24, 2017, 10:46 AM [ in reply to I wonder if WVU fans are calling their coach clueless, and idiot, etc.? ]

no because this occurred once not some 10 times in a single year. The Zags coach used an arch defense lining 3-4 players around the top of the key so it was impossible to get a 3 off. which they did not art the end. Huggins apparently never coached his team what to do in that case and it's very simpie--pass over it for an open two and p[lay tough d and then foul if needed so as to try again. Huggins is a top notch D coach but very questionable on O coaching. Read up one him and it is very clear.

Arizona Fans are giving Sean Miller H3LL!***

Mar 24, 2017, 10:55 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

tigerb....I accidntally gave you a TU's down. I was trying.

Mar 23, 2017, 10:36 PM

to give you a thumbs up and just blew it. I was watching the game highlights aat the same time. I apologize.

tigerb....I got him back for you***

Mar 24, 2017, 7:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Haha...perfect*****

Mar 24, 2017, 8:27 AM

#2 said i got this and boy was he wrong***

Mar 23, 2017, 10:40 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course we aren't rhe only ones

Mar 23, 2017, 10:41 PM

But we are the only ones who do it every other game. WVU is in the sweet sixteen, most likely because they wona majority of their close games.

they only had one guy who could, or wanted to, shoot ball***

Mar 24, 2017, 6:45 AM

That's because Gonzaga defended properly....

Mar 24, 2017, 9:48 AM

unlike our buzzer-beater defeat against Syracuse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: That's because Gonzaga defended properly....

Mar 24, 2017, 9:49 AM

Yep there is a reason Gonzaga has the top ranked Defense in the country on Ken Pom...

They are very well coached.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Re: That's because Gonzaga defended properly.... agreed

Mar 24, 2017, 10:57 AM [ in reply to That's because Gonzaga defended properly.... ]

on both points

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're sure right about that

Mar 24, 2017, 10:02 AM

W. Va.'s real problem is that they had one and only one player as go-to, and the whole other team knew it. Though I think they've could've had nbr. 4 as an option and maybe gone to him, if they wanted, but this was obviously not their opinion of it.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic