Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We're #1 !! ... SC now leads the nation in rate of spread of COVID-19
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

We're #1 !! ... SC now leads the nation in rate of spread of COVID-19

Jun 8, 2020, 1:50 AM

This is an interesting website I just discovered:

https://rt.live/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: We're #1 !! ... SC now leads the nation in rate of spread of COVID-19

Jun 8, 2020, 2:15 AM

Well the health experts were very clear about what might happen , and of course they were right .
I think the " 2nd Wave " is going to be the reason there'll be no sports the remainder of this year .
It's a sad state of affairs this Covid-19 business .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 8, 2020, 5:44 AM

Don’t speak it, we will have Football! We will have Football...... We will have football! ????

Still way below Georgia at 1.03 compared to 1.33 and increased testing from employers will easily show it rising but the main factor is hospitalizations and recovery. If you dig deeper it’s not an issue in SC. Easy to spike with testing in small states.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Easy to spike with testing in small states.

Jun 8, 2020, 7:37 AM

There's a very fine line between the number of new cases and the number of newly DIAGNOSED cases.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 7:13 AM [ in reply to Re: We're #1 !! ... SC now leads the nation in rate of spread of COVID-19 ]

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 5:58 AM

It seems the majority of people around here want to make some sort of statement by not wearing masks.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 8, 2020, 6:03 AM

They r making a statement allright.

Jun 8, 2020, 7:07 AM [ in reply to Re: We're #1 !! ... SC now leads the nation in rate of spread of COVID-19 ]

My wife is wearing hockey mask to bed now. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 8, 2020, 7:37 AM

HS, that does not speak well of you.

That might not be all bad. Is she stick checking you too?***

Jun 8, 2020, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: We're #1 !! ... SC now leads the nation in rate of spread of COVID-19 ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like you're in the penality box.

Jun 8, 2020, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: We're #1 !! ... SC now leads the nation in rate of spread of COVID-19 ]

Uh-oh!! Have you been a bad boy?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: We're #1 !! ... SC now leads the nation in rate of spread of COVID-19 ]

If you wake up dead that is a bad sign.

Jun 8, 2020, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Re: We're #1 !! ... SC now leads the nation in rate of spread of COVID-19 ]

Even with masks-there are mis-perceptions. Aunt Mary's bandanna is what's call source protective. You sneeze(assuming you have it), it does slow the amount of aerosol down-so you sneeze a pint out into the world-not a quart. They have ZERO protective effect.The pore size of the cloth cannot stop a viral particle. N95 masks can stop particles of .3 microns. The virus is .125 microns..almost 1/3 smaller the only saving grace is the amount of virus attached to water molecules(which all are not)-which are around 60 microns in size.Don't plan on making 2 hour WalMart marathons anytime soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 7:19 AM

Good for SC as we are building immunity. Better to spike now so we can have football in the fall.

Jun 8, 2020, 7:19 AM

Good for SC as we are building immunity. Better to spike now so we can have football in the fall.

I don't think the statement at the top of their chart can be

Jun 8, 2020, 7:27 AM

correct. It says, "if Rt is above 1.0, the virus will spread quickly. When Rt is below 1.0, the virus will stop spreading."

Maybe it will spread more slowly, but, it obviously wont STOP spreading. If that were the case, our Rt rate couldn't have increased to what it is now at 1.13 from 0.90 four weeks ago.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what caught my attention is that you go

Jun 8, 2020, 7:43 AM

from not spreading at .999 to spreading rapidly at 1.001

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Number of deaths are down. If cases go up but deaths are...

Jun 8, 2020, 7:46 AM

If cases go up but deaths are down does that not make you think that people with low or minimal symptoms are being tested versus those at high risk.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 9:41 AM

My wife is an administrator at a local hospital in Hilton Head and said that 95% + of their new cases are from people who's primary residence is up north and had arrived in South Caroliana over the last 2 weeks.

People in metropolitan areas with international airports are the carriers and the spreaders. A "second wave" might only be an issue for places like South Carolina because of people traveling from those areas of the country. It's not rocket science.

Quarantine NY City, etc...and nursing homes. "Second Wave " hysteria solved.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ This! I live in Charleston and the amount of tourists

Jun 8, 2020, 10:02 AM

from out of state are staggering.

Since the beaches re-opened rentals are back in full swing. I suspect this will play a part in our numbers rising.

Also, SC has increased the amount of test sites. As testing increases, so will positives (and negatives).

As of yesterday, SC has 14,286 positive cases with 246,331 tests administered and 546 deaths.

https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/sc-testing-data-projections-covid-19

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Re: We're #1 !! ... SC now leads the nation in rate of spread of COVID-19 ]

Reckless,

I am not sure that Hilton Head is representative of the rest of SC.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic