Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Paging Hank Hill......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 515

Paging Hank Hill......

Feb 15, 2021, 5:10 PM

Anyone in the know about why it was easier to find toilet paper in April last year than it is to find 1lb propane canisters now?

Got a little portable heater I like to use at early season kids sporting events, and I haven’t found any canisters in stock anywhere for a month. Unfortunately online is useless because it’s not a product that ships very well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Paging Hank Hill......

Feb 15, 2021, 5:13 PM

Not me

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go to Lowes and buy one already filled.

Feb 15, 2021, 5:15 PM

Then just exchange them out. Exchanged 3 tanks a few weeks ago. Is there a shortage of those now too?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Noooo, talking about the little 1pound green cylinders.

Feb 15, 2021, 5:22 PM

The ones you can’t refill.

They screw right into a side compartment in the heater, so it wouldn’t lend itself to hooking up an adapter and using a big white cylinder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get an adapter

Feb 15, 2021, 5:25 PM

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N9HKOY8/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=AEzQASCtwIqfc7Pl3pF7Qg&hsa_cr_id=7907583220901&pd_rd_plhdr=t&pd_rd_r=df11ae22-cbc8-41a3-b924-fc39cab8df3e&pd_rd_w=kqBLP&pd_rd_wg=K9bXy&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_1_img

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They’re pretty chill about me bringing the heater into

Feb 15, 2021, 5:30 PM

A football stadium for a sparsely attended women’s lax game. Not sure how they’d take a full size propane tank coming with it.

Back to the question though—these have never been scarce. Why now???

'rona. Thats what everything else is being blamed on

Feb 15, 2021, 5:36 PM

But no idea why. If you want to spend about 1.5x as much, you can get a propane torch can. Its the Virginia slim version of the 1 lb tank at a 150% markup.

Wal mart here on line says they are available. I dunno. Try Amazon?

Whale.....

Feb 15, 2021, 7:01 PM

https://www.rvtravel.com/rvers-propane-shortage-affect-you/

https://www.wkyt.com/2020/12/07/propane-shortage-an-unexpected-side-effect-of-the-pandemic-and-restaurant-mandates/

I know our household use has tripled or more, just personally. About as big an increase percentagewise as the decrease in gasoline use.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you have any empties left you can refill them with this

Feb 15, 2021, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Noooo, talking about the little 1pound green cylinders. ]

From a grill tank.

Put the little one in the freezer and the big one in the sun for about an hour before

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JWCIX2S/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_AC4JZANGYA7N3VYH2AZ2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Obed®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Just get a couple 5 galloners and swap'em out

Feb 15, 2021, 5:17 PM

Those things are 37lbs full...thats enough for me to be slinging around.

protip: Get the them refilled rather than do the blue rhino exchange. You only get like 3.5 gallons at the convenience store. If you get them refilled, at least you get all you can carry. I think its cheaper, too.

I've read it's a double edged sword

Feb 15, 2021, 5:34 PM

btwn the gas demand and the steel issues. The theory was more people are staying at home, not going out, so that's driving the demand for the gas sky high. The steel market is all over the place, and people are having a hard time keeping up with the cannister production.

Most terlit paper is made here, too. So the supply chain just needed time to manufacture it.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think I'm pretty close...hth

I can't find the article I read, but I think it was in one of my WSJ weekend papers

sauce

Feb 15, 2021, 5:35 PM

https://www.wsj.com/articles/americans-heating-outdoor-spaces-have-fired-up-propane-prices-11612962000

I bought like 20 of them at the start of covid last year***

Feb 15, 2021, 5:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait... so girls are out playing in this cold weather, but you

Feb 15, 2021, 5:45 PM

need a heater to just sit there sipping liquor from a solo cup?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Yes, exactly.***

Feb 15, 2021, 9:46 PM

Good answer. We've all been there.***

Feb 15, 2021, 11:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Keystone pipeline bro.

Feb 15, 2021, 7:09 PM

Thanks Biden!!

No really the industry is seeing labor shortages and cannot keep up. You cannot find a stick of wood around here. And bundles were $9 last week.

That’s just what my liquor store guy said. Don’t shoot me if incorrect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no data but I'm going to vote for more

Feb 15, 2021, 8:07 PM

homeless folks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wematanye

Feb 16, 2021, 3:20 AM

Knocking a crane unconscious is not a crime.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/81395096-34a9-41ff-a5a9-dce726987fd4

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Replies: 18
| visibility 515
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic