Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Nov 16, 2020, 7:54 AM

Friday night, didn't really feel like doing anything but ended up going to Iron Hill Brewery to knock off a stamp on our passport. Beer isn't fantastic but fair. Burger I had was pretty good, even if overcooked.

Saturday, up early to get to smoking. Washed off bacon, put back in fridge to dry for a bit, went on a wild goose chase looking for a biscuit an apple wood, never did get that biscuit and only found wood chunks at the place I wanted to go to the least. Got the meat on about 1. Smoker was running way, way too hot, 300+ unless I kept the door to the smoke chamber and fire box open. Ended up getting decent enough smoke flavor on the bacon and pork belly chunks I made out of the other half of the belly.

Sunday, really lazy day until about 8 pm when we decided to break in the new fire pit. About 1/3 of the limps that the storm knocked down are now ash, so that is nice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Nov 16, 2020, 7:57 AM

Good

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL:DR

Nov 16, 2020, 8:09 AM

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I think my COVID is gone, but I still cough

Nov 16, 2020, 8:02 AM

and its super annoying to me and everyone else.

I am too lazy to write anything else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Nov 16, 2020, 8:03 AM

Friday - Paws Diner take out, few libations and crashed

Sattidy - Struggled from some acid reflux (blaming Paws clam strips). Watched football and the Masters

Sunday - Did some chores (drywall patch, sand and paint), cleaned the garage and watches DJ roll. Stayed up too late watching "Buried: The Knights Templar" on the History Channel. Due wreck or mend if you interested in that kind of stuff. 4 hours doe.

No rating this week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Nov 16, 2020, 8:08 AM

Friday night I don't really remember, probably nothing special. Went for a run to Riverwalk but the Catawba had overtopped some of the trail so that was cut short.

Saturday morning, checked the river gages and they looked better so we went back out to Riverwalk, got much farther along the trail until it was impassable. Got 7ish miles in. Lunch at Brixx and went to Lowe's to get a new dryer. Home to shower and get some stuff done, then out to the USNWC for the Lights display. Pretty cool setup, drank a couple beers, watched people ice skate, spent entirely too much money at the Outfitters there. Got home, wife looked up what she bought at Outfitters and it is 50% off online.

Woke up Sunday, skipped church, cleaned up around house. Around 1, wife had a 3 hour Zoom call for church stuff (bleh) so I took the kids back to the USNWC to hike a little, check it out, and return the jacket wife bought. Got the return done, saw some people doing ziplines and rope courses, kids declared their intent to empty my bank account out there and headed back home. Back out to Riverwalk to get another run in, then back home for sleeps.

39 degrees this morning and had to hose one of the dogs off this morning since she decided she wanted to dig in the mud. As#####.

Decent weekend, set us up for more fun this fall and winter, might let the kids try mountain biking at the USNWC, just got to get the right trails for beginners so we don't piss everyone else off. Sons Mountain Bike comes in this week, I think.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 8:08 AM

Spent the weekend in Asheville with the family.

Friday: watched golf and went to Green Man Brewery and The Funkatorium

Saturday: watched golf and UofSC lose and went to Hillman Brewery

Sunday: watched golf and went by Spartanburg to see mom and dad before heading back to Gangland.

11/10

I quite enjoyed a vacation from football nerves.

Nov 16, 2020, 8:09 AM

Friday, rode over to hang out with Mom after work, then to to Publix for a few items. Screaming Sicilian pizzas were BOGO, so grabbed a couple and made one for supper. Played some bass, watched some TV, drank some beers, and crashed around midnight.

Saturday, a couple of long hikes with the pup. Watched some bots and pieces of football, got cleaned up late afternoon and then rode up to Lake Wylie, SC and played the first gig I've played in a year. We had our Supper Club and the host couple set it up with that we could have a jam session on the stage after dinner. I thought we were going to be in a private room, but turns out we were playing for the entire bar area which was pretty crowded, so that was cool.

Sunday, slept in, drank a lot of coffee, long hike with the pup to check out the water levels in the lake and the river. WOW, the lake is over full pond and the river is overflowing the banks and backing up into all the creeks that run into it. Then started helping move some stuff out of the two rooms we're fixing the ceilings in. It's a pain, but that's what you get with 100 year old houses I guess. Run to the grocery, then home to play some bass while Mrs. made potato chip crusted chicken cutlets from her 1970 copyright Betty Crocker Cookbook for Kids. Turned out freaking delicious. Fixed a cocktail and sat down to watch the Walking Deads, then crashed.

Pretty good weekend, playing live was a brief moment of normalcy, and pushed the score to 18.99/19 Covids.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday the release below the ### had the water flowing back

Nov 16, 2020, 8:17 AM

through some of the culverts along the trail. Rivercast said it was almost 10' high at that time. I think it is only 6' higher this morning, the releases have been more spaced out.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a creek bed on the trails behind the house that I've

Nov 16, 2020, 8:25 AM

never seen water standing in until this weekend. The bridge over it is a good 20 yards from the river bank, and it was every bot of 3 feet deep. I've seen some high water in my years living here, but this was amazing. I was in Texas when the Camp Canaan flooded summer before last, so I didn't see that in person but the operations director sent me a video when it happened. Luckily, the house is way above 100 year flood stage, so even if the d@m broke we'd be OK.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not that great; no booty, ball, bike or boat.

Nov 16, 2020, 8:16 AM

moved sav82daughter#2 back from college saturday (getting too old to drive 6 hours and load then unload a u-haul trailer in one day) mowed the leaves in my yard after church sunday.

Not bad

Nov 16, 2020, 8:17 AM

Friday - supper at boss’s house

Saturday- worked ‘til 2 outside on a beautiful day then BiL’s wedding and home in time to watch the end of the Mushcoot era

Sunday - laundry, Clemson soccer on TV, supper w/ mom

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Was excellent. Relaxing.

Nov 16, 2020, 8:24 AM

TLDNR: All kids survived. Was surprisingly peaceful and restful. All #### broke loose last night though, back to normal again.

Wife and SIL and in laws went to Kiawah. Left me with 3yo, 6yo, and 11yo. We had fun. Chilled. Got some leaf blowing/yardwork done. 3yo loved the leaf blower. I promised to make that his job some day, and he was trilled ;) Went and saw mom and took her groceries. Oldest has her WRAPPED. Watched some football. Got caught up on Blippie and PJ Mask. Oldest played football all day Sunday after watching church. Grilled burgers. Kept beers limited to two. Kids were awesome. No melt downs. No fights. Peaceful and quiet. No trips to the ER.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ongoing

Nov 16, 2020, 8:38 AM

Friday: grilled. Drank, installed a new porch light

Saturday: got some chores done around the house. fixed some stuff. Drank

Sunday: lazy day around the house. Grilled.

Monday: daughter of still doesn't feel good so we are going back to the doctor again

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Worked my tail off and drank!

Nov 16, 2020, 8:38 AM

Friday - picked up a half ton of small boulders, 8, at Gvegas stone yard on 123, unloaded at house. 2 largest in front of house, remaining 6 for Japanese garden I'm working on in back yard. Managed only 1 scrape/contusion on left ankle...tequila drinking with leftovers in evening.
Saturday - created sharp edge by cutting and digging up the Celebration bermuda and replanting it in another location. Plowed up garden area, planted a hinocki cypress(only shrub purchased so far)placed the 6 boulders and 2 others found on the property, then spread 30 bags of brown mulch. Made a linguine dish for dinner with a couple glasses of Cab.
Sunday - helped younger son spread a huge pile of wood chips in the 2 yards at the dog biz. Later dug up wild ferns in woods and planted in a shady area behind house. Mrs came home from her Nashville trip and approved of the work ;)

Better than Muschamp’s. (Or not given buyout) Beer was had.***

Nov 16, 2020, 8:47 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scokkery

Nov 16, 2020, 9:00 AM

Friday: left work early to head to Cootlumbia for scokker. Lost but played well and headed home after a stop at Publix.

Saturday: Went into work until about 2PM. Been a while since I've worked on a Saturday, here to report that it sucks worse than it sounds. Back home, watched some football, saw the Muschamps play the worst defense since Clemson gave up 70 points to WVU.

Sunday: slept in, headed back to Cootlumbia for scokker, had two matches, stopped at Publix again, listened to NFL action on the radio and got back home.

Last weekend of scokker until February, will nejoy the rest for about a day and will be pining for the next season right after that. Amazed we got a full season in with COVID 19

#blessed

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beefsteak® is moving to Canada

Nov 16, 2020, 9:21 AM

so that is cool

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

a weekend unlike any other

Nov 16, 2020, 9:23 AM

Fri - went over to some frands house. first frands we've met since moving here so that was kinda cool. smoked some meat chilled by fire.

Sat - did as little as possible besides watching the tourney. 'cept in-laws decided to come over so wife turns into captain clean the house on cocaine all of a sudden (just re-did floors, still painting, etc. mind you). they come by to see progress (98% done) then take her shopping. thank god - gtfo

Sun - watched the tournament in the morning, finished all baseboards and caulking said baseboards. only thing left is quarter round. new desk came in, so got that set up. Uplift FTW and looks sick in the new office w/ the fresh floors. went to bed late and tired as a sombich

Woke up dis mawn to my trip tomorrow canceled. Thanks Michigan Governor! ####### #####...just us deplorable southerners trying to keep the economy going. what a kunt

SOSDD.....

Nov 16, 2020, 10:08 AM

Except not enough Hookers and blow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I spent my weekend waiting on COVID test results.

Nov 16, 2020, 10:20 AM

Thursday night we got an email saying somebody that had been in the office for 4 days the previous week had tested positive, so, that meant that I got to spend part of my day Friday waiting in line to get a covid test.

In the meantime, I finished up the mold and started pouring epoxy for the 10-foot Live-edge pecan river table I'm currently making. Shameless plug here: The Festool track saw and mobile work bench are worth every cent when it comes to making these.

Sunday afternoon, got my negative test results back.

Pls to send pig of table when done!

Nov 16, 2020, 10:38 AM

willki®

Here are a couple in progress shots.

Nov 16, 2020, 10:37 PM
epoxy_pour.jpg(188.7 K)
layout.jpg(287.7 K)

For Reference, this table is about 119"x43"

I was going to do orange epoxy (I still have the pigment for the epoxy to do it), but I'm about $4500 into it between the epoxy (~$2300 - 8ea 3gal kits costing $289.99 each), slab ($1200), legs (~$400-700), and consumable supplies ($250), so I opted to do something that'll sell a little faster.

That said, I'm planning on launching an online store for these in a month or two. I'll probably post something about it once I do.

bengaline

Aunt Flo in town, no football, bum shoulder, strained hip

Nov 16, 2020, 12:36 PM

Was great otherwise.

null

Feels like I'm dead

Nov 17, 2020, 9:03 AM

You ever had one of those weekends that makes you want to re-evaluate your life and stop partying?

Well, that actually DIDN'T happen but it was a good time.

WHERE'S YOUR YAY-YO NOW ?

Nov 17, 2020, 9:33 AM

cheap booger sugar

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic