Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is this F***ing real!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Is this F***ing real!!!!

Feb 17, 2021, 11:06 AM

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-public-school-asks-parents-to-reflect-on-their-whiteness

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be careful using the F word, people might think you're a dem***

Feb 17, 2021, 11:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Is this F***ing real!!!!

Feb 17, 2021, 11:09 AM

Please some please!!!! Explain how this does not PROMOTE racism?

A public institution forcing racial propaganda on white kids to have them “reflect” on their whiteness to make them feel guilty or otherwise embarrassed by being white!!!!!!?????!!!!

That is the exact definition of systemic racism.

What the heII is going on!!!!! This is public government school system!!!!!

It is really interesting. I have young children that aren't

Feb 17, 2021, 11:11 AM

school age yet, and I'm very interested in how much of these types of exercises make their way into our local school's curriculum. I just can't see subjecting my children to this sort of nonsense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: It is really interesting. I have young children that aren't

Feb 17, 2021, 11:14 AM

Feb 17, 2021, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Is this F***ing real!!!! ]

The correct kind of racism is totally fine with them. Required, actually.
They are on the right side of history, so die whitey die.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 17, 2021, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Is this F***ing real!!!! ]

Please some please!!!! Explain how this does not PROMOTE racism?

A public institution forcing racial propaganda on white kids to have them “reflect” on their whiteness to make them feel guilty or otherwise embarrassed by being white!!!!!!?????!!!!

That is the exact definition of systemic racism.

What the heII is going on!!!!! This is public government school system!!!!!

If you are white you are guilty! If you are a white kid you should fell guilty for what you did your entire life! It’s that simple !

If you read the definitions - it appears to be trolling

Feb 17, 2021, 11:15 AM

white folks - almost to the point of being a joke. But some "woke" white folks saw it and decided to show their "wokeness" by embracing the chart as real.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

metiger’s Ginger posts make me reflect on whiteness.

Feb 17, 2021, 11:47 AM

Sorry Celtic ... everyone has their favorite ice cream.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I don’t like chocolate ice cream. ******

Feb 17, 2021, 12:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Appears to be ONE principal at ONE school

Feb 17, 2021, 12:05 PM

so why don’t we just have the posse stand down for a bit. These things happen all the time when an individual educator lets their personal views/opinion override their better judgement. It is funny though that FOx doesn’t publicize these things when a principal somewhere else wants to ban certain books or starts the school day with a prayer.

Re: Appears to be ONE principal at ONE school

Feb 17, 2021, 12:10 PM

A typical liberal response, but you are off base here. This chit is out there in a very large way.

Here is the guy:

https://afam.northwestern.edu/people/faculty/barnor-hesse.html

And here is his "work" - read the titles. And, I'll refer back to a recent thread on educated people being stupid. This guy is a PhD in Government (Ideology and Discourse Analysis). Say what?

'Creolizing the Political: a Genealogy of the African Diaspora', Duke University Press (Duke University Press, forthcoming)

'Deconstructing White Mythologies' in K. Vera ed. 'Derrida and the Trace of Race' (Duke University Press, forthcoming)

'Escaping Liberty: Western Hegemony, Black Fugitivity' in B. Baum and L. Nichols eds 'Isaiah Berlin and the Politics of Freedom: Berlin's "Two Concepts of Liberty" 50 years later' (Oxford University Press, forthcoming)

'Marked Unmarked: Black Politics and the Western political', South Atlantic Quarterly, Fall 2011, 110: 4.

'Self-fulfilling Prophecy: The Post-Racial Horizon', South Atlantic Quarterly, Winter 2011, 110: 1.

'Symptomatically Black: A Creolization of the Political' in S. Shih and F. Lionnet Eds. 'The Creolization of Theory' (Duke University press, 2011).

'Afterword: Black Europe's Undecidability' in D. Hine, T. Keaton and S. Small eds. 'Black Europe and the African Diaspora' (University of Illinois press, 2009).

'Racialized. Modernity: An Analytics of White Mythologies', Ethnic and Racial Studies, Vol. 30, No.4, July 2007, pp. 643-663

- with S. Sayyid. 'Narrating the Political Postcolonial and the Immigrant Imaginary' in N. Ali, V. Kalra and S. Sayyid eds., 'A Postcolonial People: South Asians in Britain', London: Hurst, 2006.

"Discourse on Institutional Racism: the genealogy of a concept" (2004) in I. Law, D. Phillips and L. Turney, Institutional Racism in Higher education (Trentham books)

"Implausible Deniability: Racism's Conceptual Double Bind" (2004) in Social Identities , Vol.10, No.1

Un/settled Multiculturalisms: Diasporas, Entanglements, Transruptions (2000; Zed Books)

I’ll read up on it...

Feb 17, 2021, 12:43 PM

but was interested to learn that I am a liberal now. My liberal friends will get a kick out of that. Has the pub party run so far to the right that they have left us moderates in no man’s land?

Unfortunately, yes

Feb 17, 2021, 2:28 PM

I am the most conservative person in some of my social circles, and one of the most liberal in others. It's very strange.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ll read up on it...

Feb 17, 2021, 2:32 PM [ in reply to I’ll read up on it... ]

I've always thought you were liberal as well. And hell, I'm one of the more liberal members on this board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well...maybe I am considered liberal now

Feb 17, 2021, 3:40 PM

Which is fine, the label doesn’t bother me...I believe what I believe...and I can live with that. I am pretty repulsed by the Trump wing of the pub party and those that put their faith before their responsibility to govern...so maybe thats what you pick up on.

Re: Appears to be ONE principal at ONE school

Feb 17, 2021, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Appears to be ONE principal at ONE school ]

Nc,

Have you read any of these papers, yet ? Do you have any idea what they have to say ? What kinds of questions is Br. Hesse examining is his research ?

BTW, this is still just one professor at one university.

Feb 17, 2021, 12:18 PM

So is there equal outrage about the school in Utah that was allowing families to "opt out" of learning about black history, as if it isn't American history?

Feb 17, 2021, 12:19 PM

Probably an over-reaction to this type of stuff...

Libs/progressives control the school systems for the most part. The war on history has been ongoing for a long time.

Feb 17, 2021, 1:13 PM

NC,

I was a part of the public education system for 22 years. I think you will find teachers and their presentation of materials to be center to center right.

Of course from your reactionary outpost everything looks skewed to the left.

Feb 17, 2021, 6:13 PM

Public education where? In Red South Carolina?

Between my decade+ in school and my kids, I'd have to get a calcumalator to figure out how many years I've been a part of the public (and private for a bit) education system. Been way more than 22 years - probably same for you if you count kids.

Maybe it is not only a function of location but also a function of student age/grade. Certainly the universities lean far left.

Elementary/middle = center or center right
high school = center or center left
University/college = far left.

If you are in a large school district near a large city, I would think the majority of even high schools go left.

Fill in the blanks

Feb 17, 2021, 12:18 PM
8BI.png(39.9 K)

Who wants to be cancelled?

Categorization is oppression and segmenting to control.

Feb 17, 2021, 12:36 PM

The racist who wants to categories whites as at best "traitors" needs to be cancelled.

Re: Fill in the blanks

Feb 17, 2021, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Fill in the blanks ]

Nah, China Puppet Joe said there’s only one kind of black, and if you’d consider voting for Trump you ain’t one.

Not like the wonderfully diverse Hispanic culture.

This is the way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 17, 2021, 1:13 PM

Nice mandalorian reference!! +1

Feb 17, 2021, 6:06 PM

Except for after Gina Carano was cancelled - this is not the way!

After careful reflection, can’t jump nor dance.***

Feb 17, 2021, 2:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After careful reflection, can’t jump nor dance.***

Feb 17, 2021, 2:39 PM

Hmm?? I could jump pretty well back in the day. I can dance!!! I’m white. Now I’m confused.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic