Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Help Tigernet - In an argument about Dabo with FSU fan...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Help Tigernet - In an argument about Dabo with FSU fan...

Jan 14, 2017, 9:28 AM

He is posting this nonsense telling me Dabo is terrible, stupid, and needs to shut it about paying players.

Can you help me come up with articulate arguments to put this a-hole in his place?

Here is the link he is going off of:
https://www.thenation.com/article/the-unbearable-entitlement-of-dabo-swinney/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Help Tigernet - In an argument about Dabo with FSU fan...

Jan 14, 2017, 9:39 AM

I'm an FSU fan living in the upstate that loves college football so I keep up with the tigers a lot. Just know he doesn't speak for all fans. Dabo is a genius at how he decided to rebuild Clemson and I have nothing but respect for the way he carries himself and leads the team.

Jan 14, 2017, 9:45 AM

Terrible - two years in the natty game. Now he's the coach of world champion college football team
Stupid - two years in the natty game. Now he's the coach of world champion college football team.

Are you seeing a pattern?

Paying players would reduce the team and fan spirit. If a university wants to buy a semi-pro football team, they can do what they want. They can sell beer at games and have all sorts of fun.
In the meantime these kids are being prepared for their future with very expense educations, books, housing, meals, etc. if every team can pay every player the same then maybe. If the NCAA and the NFL wants to let high school players go into the pros, fine. But it wouldn't be much fun watching these kids get pummeled.
If we pay them, then the rich schools will always win.

Liberal leftist - in particular those up North -

Jan 14, 2017, 9:50 AM

... seem to have a problem with college football. It's a free country, so they can think what they like, but some of them are so certain of their mental and moral superiority that they feel free to demean anyone who thinks differently than they do. They sound intolerant, which is supposedly unacceptable within our society. I would offer to pray for them, but that might cause them to become more upset and more intolerant.

I will admit that Pitchfork Ben Tillman was a violent racist. If they changed Tillman Hall to Main Building, I wouldn't complain. However, these leftist purist need to realize that changing the name of any state building requires passage by the state legislature. They can blame Clemson all they like, but that only shows their ignorance.

Jan 14, 2017, 9:59 AM

The ultimate argument is that Dabo has been there and done that. Dabo was a walk on, had to work hard to be on the team. Dabo didn't have much growing up, but he worked hard to earn everything he has.

He didn't want to be paid when he was a college athlete. The article talks about Dabo like he was born with a silver spoon, he wasnt...he earned everything he has and wants everyone to have that same work ethic.

That's my 2 cents.

null

Jan 14, 2017, 10:01 AM

They are being paid, they are given a scholarship and leave college with a degree and no student loan debts. The focus should be more on preparing them for the future where they can have a good income and good life. All 85 players do not make it to the NFL. Truth be told only a small percentage make it to the NFL (although that percentage has increased greatly with our talent level).

Jan 14, 2017, 10:03 AM

The President of the company I work for makes several million annually. I do not. I make a fraction of that. A small fraction. My salary does not include room & board, a full wardrobe, free healthcare, a nutritionist, a personal trainer, tuition, etc. So, my boss is taking advantage of me right ?
Dabo is the CEO of Clemson football. A multi million dollar company. Of course he makes a lot of money. That's how the business world works. It's the same for all of us. If you don't like it, become a missionary and build schools in Guatemala. Cause the corporate world ain't for you.

Well said***

Jan 14, 2017, 10:11 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those players get an education, room and board.

Jan 14, 2017, 10:16 AM

They also are able to use the notoriety to help get jobs for their future. None of them end up with college loan debt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here's my thought

Jan 14, 2017, 10:33 AM

tell them to "fuq off" - national champions. that pretty much ends the convo. you're welcome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic