Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: Brian Kelly reacts to 34-10 loss to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: WATCH: Brian Kelly reacts to 34-10 loss to Clemson

Dec 20, 2020, 9:22 AM

WATCH: Brian Kelly reacts to 34-10 loss to Clemson

No. 3 Clemson won their sixth consecutive ACC Football Championship with their 34-10 win over #2 Notre Dame on Saturday. Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly spoke Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: Brian Kelly reacts to 34-10 loss to Clemson

Dec 20, 2020, 9:26 AM

I want to hear from Ian Book!

He sure had a lot to say befythe game!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 9:33 AM

I found a few quotes from him and their linebacker.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-notre-dame-clemson-acc-championship-game-20201220-b7rkfpaqcjf6hkxbjeb4nq6vqm-story.html

Once again an opposing player doesn’t give Clemson

Dec 20, 2020, 10:16 AM

credit for a beat down...

“It was in the small things that we got twisted up,” Owusu-Koramoah said. “New quarterback. Not much different scheme. Clemson doesn’t really have a difficult offense in itself. It was just the small things we didn’t do right. I don’t think it was a lot on their part that they did different.”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: Once again an opposing player doesn’t give Clemson

Dec 20, 2020, 11:06 AM

Sounds like a better worded Quinnen Williams on their minnow errs.

Once again an opposing player doesn’t give Clemson

Dec 20, 2020, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Brian Kelly reacts to 34-10 loss to Clemson ]

credit for a beat down...

“It was in the small things that we got twisted up,” Owusu-Koramoah said. “New quarterback. Not much different scheme. Clemson doesn’t really have a difficult offense in itself. It was just the small things we didn’t do right. I don’t think it was a lot on their part that they did different.”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Dec 20, 2020, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Brian Kelly reacts to 34-10 loss to Clemson ]

What would you have said? Think about it

Well, coulda been worse! He coukda said “at the end

Dec 20, 2020, 11:12 AM

of the day, everyone knew they weren’t that much better than us. If at all.”

- J. Bentley

Go Tigers!

I would have said, “Credit to Clemson ... tonight they were

Dec 20, 2020, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Brian Kelly reacts to 34-10 loss to Clemson ]

... the better team.”

Then perhaps I might go off on a bunny trail of excuses to make myself feel better.

Dec 20, 2020, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Brian Kelly reacts to 34-10 loss to Clemson ]

OK dip chit, even though it hasn't been that many but, when we get beat, Dabo always admits that we got beat by a better team. Dabo says that we got out played, and we got out coached, and he doesn't make excuses of how or why we lost other than we were out played, out coached, and they have great players.

Those dip chits have done nothing but made excuses of what they didn't do right. Never not once, have I heard a one of them say the truth, and the truth that everybody knows, they couldn't do the things that they done in the last came was bc Clemson was healthier in this game, than we were in the last game.

We had our 3 year starting QB back, we had 3 of our key defensive players back in the lineup, minus Xavier Thomas. Dabo knows that is the exact reason we lost, but he never once used it as an excuse, he actually said that ND was the better team that made a few more plays than his team did. Facts are, ND's best can not, and will never beat out best, and our coaches put an exclamation point on that fact in this last game, PERIOD!!!!

If Dabo hadn't dialed it back the 4th quarter, it would have been a very nasty ending, and ND wouldn't have had a snowball chance in H&11 with being in the playoffs. Dabo had our coaches to dial it back to give them a chance for the playoffs, and Kelly act as if they just had a bad game that he had made excuse after excuse for!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Battled in the second half???

Dec 20, 2020, 9:39 AM

In my opinion clemson took their foot off the gas and coasted! The third quarter was the end of the starters and they only scored against the second and third string. Clemson still won the game if the second half was all that we played, 10-7 but to say they battled is a joke!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Battled in the second half???

Dec 20, 2020, 10:23 AM

That game was a total DOMINATION of a pretty good ND team. Really that simple. IMO, it really was telling that with 4 or 5 starters out the first game we nearly beat them at their home field. That said, I was surprised a little that we so easily handled them. Very proud of our team. We seem to be peaking at the right time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Battled in the second half???

Dec 20, 2020, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Battled in the second half??? ]

It was clear that Dabo, and coaches dialed it back once the game was in hand. And for Kelly's sake, I hope that he realizes that was the fact, bc if not, they will never get better, and Bama will put a foot on their neck, and Saban will allow his team to crush them, he does it to teams in his conference every year, and he will gladly do it to ND if Kelly don't coach his team up!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 9:57 AM

I watched this last night on the ND Athletic site and there was no doubt he knew they had been beaten by a better team. There are good teams left out the Playoffs every year and that is the case this screwed up year. Will Notre Dame's history and national power get them in or will the power of the SEC get A&M in? Stay tuned.

Dec 20, 2020, 9:59 AM

Hats off to a darn good senior lead team. Missing some starters on the oline probably hurt them some. They're a good team and most likely goes toe to toe with most other teams in top 25. May not can hang with us and Bama. They definitely deserve a spot. To not recognize their accomplishments only diminish ours.

I have zero problem with their fans and students rushing the field.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 10:29 AM

Them rushing the field was just a public acknowledgement as to how well respected Clemson is in their eyes. It was a HUGE win for them, and really, IMO, even without several key players on our team, we should have beaten them in South Bend that night, too. It's a testament to just what Dabo and his staff have built at Li'l Ol' Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 11:40 AM

(sic) “... we’ve played great all season, and have been consistent. We just weren’t consistent...”

So, was the 12-7 win over Louisville a model of consistency and greatness?

Also: “.... we just didn’t play well. Clemson ‘might’ have had something to do with that.” You think?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

That is one of the most "What was that train that hit us?"

Dec 20, 2020, 11:43 AM

interviews I have ever seen. The man appeared to be genuinely, physically and mentally stunned. He had obviously been reading his teams press clippings about how great they were, since they had beaten Clemson earlier in the year.

Dec 20, 2020, 2:41 PM

Who cares what Kelly or any of his players think. The scoreboard most eloquently tells the story.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic