Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson slips in latest AP Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson slips in latest AP Poll

Oct 18, 2015, 2:07 PM

Clemson slips in latest AP Poll

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well it was pretty much a foregone conclusion

Oct 18, 2015, 2:14 PM

That LSU beating Florida would jump them, and honestly it's not unfair. Before anyone flames, they beat a darn good Florida team and defense. I would have been more impressed if they had beaten a Grier led offense, but oh well. If Florida had won they would probably have made the jump as well. Just keep winning, it WILL work out. LSU will probably lose, Ohio state most likely and Baylor/ TCU can't keep playing scrubs. Oklahoma, OK St and playing each other will make a difference. But most importantly we need to stay the course, and keep playing to win. All will work out. The only thing that matters is being ranked at least #4 for the playoffs. I feel confident we can hang with anyone that makes the playoffs

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO respect for this program

Oct 18, 2015, 3:40 PM

None.

Everything ^^^this guy said.

Oct 18, 2015, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Well it was pretty much a foregone conclusion ]

I knew when I went to bed that LSU would jump us. It doesn't matter. Like Al said, "Just win, baby." Everything else will work itself out.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well it was pretty much a foregone conclusion

Oct 18, 2015, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Well it was pretty much a foregone conclusion ]

Why is Florida ranked? Because they beat Ole Miss? Who lost to Memphis? And LSU needed a trick play to do it. More SEC bias - blah, blah, blah.

Just like 1981.

Oct 18, 2015, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Well it was pretty much a foregone conclusion ]

Win em all and it will take care of itself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: FB Update: Clemson slips in latest AP Poll

Oct 18, 2015, 2:15 PM

Just keep winning Tigers! The rankings will take care of themselves!!

Oct 18, 2015, 2:16 PM

:(

Tell 'em coot

Oct 18, 2015, 2:20 PM

Oct 18, 2015, 2:16 PM

We played the #1 defense in the country, put up over 500 yards along with winning 34-17 and slip in the polls, go figure. What does it take to just stay even???

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2015, 2:19 PM

Man, it was Boston College....

Oct 18, 2015, 6:16 PM

And it was 34-17.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

A top 10-team beating another (at the time) top-10 team

Oct 18, 2015, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson slips in latest AP Poll ]

They are only ahead by 50 points overall. LSU should be ranked there, we were because of the ND win. But the gap is small

Clemson

Re: A top 10-team beating another (at the time) top-10 team

Oct 18, 2015, 3:09 PM

Why is Florida a top ten team ? Because the beat an over rated number 3 team named Ole Miss, that just got beat by Memphis. How did Ole Miss get ranked,by beating Alabama, who is in the over ranked SEC. It's the same thing that happened last year miss. St bragged about beating three top ten teams in a row, all in the SEC, and all were over rated and 2 of the 3 didn't finish the season ranked.

It's also like they're trying to ignore our win over ND...

Oct 18, 2015, 3:18 PM

They're still up there at 11th....but that shouldn't strengthen our win over them or anything, smh.
We should be anchored in our 5 spot at least & gator's high prifile wins just aren't impressive actually.
We shouldn't drop in the polls by continuing to win...unless its really unimpressively done, and it was a lopsided win at that.
Baylor & TCU will play & 1 must lose...but will they drop them out of the way like they should, or justify it some crazy way to screw us yet again...?

Go Tigers! Good win over that great defense!

Why is Notre Dame top 10?***

Oct 18, 2015, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: A top 10-team beating another (at the time) top-10 team ]

THIS ^^^^^^^^

Oct 18, 2015, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: A top 10-team beating another (at the time) top-10 team ]

Is really why

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Be in the $EC***

Oct 18, 2015, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson slips in latest AP Poll ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

what's BC's Record? How about GT's Record?

Oct 18, 2015, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson slips in latest AP Poll ]

And Louisville? Beating teams with losing records is not impressing people.

Re: what's BC's Record? How about GT's Record?

Oct 18, 2015, 2:48 PM

Part of that problem is that we also beat them up so bad & demoralize them that they tend to lose another 1 or 2 games following us while trying to heal back up, physically & mentally...

Interesting...

Oct 18, 2015, 6:16 PM

Clemson in the only team in the top 10 to have won a game against another team currently in the top 10.

...yet bobbled punts and fake FGs...

Win and keep on winning - Force them to respect the program.

Re: Interesting...

Oct 19, 2015, 7:46 AM

LSU beat Florida and they were in the Top 10 when they beat them. Stop making up weird stuff to diminish the significance of that. If we keeping winning and FSU doesn't slip up before we get to them, we will be fine. We just have to win out.

Oct 18, 2015, 2:17 PM

And we dropped in the polls because??? We did nothing wrong to drop at all but yet we continue to be disrespected

Oct 18, 2015, 2:18 PM

Redicoulouse Clemson does not deserve to drop. Im gonna be pissed if we make it undefeated and dont make the playoffs

Hey crump, we won 34-17. Still a W but not 37-14 unfortunately

Shocker. People were baffled as to why Florida made such a

Jump in the polls so fast. This is your answer. I just hope we get to play bama or lsu in the playoffs. Lsu is as one dimensional as anyone in the country and I'll take our defense over fournette regardless of what kind of year he's having. We had cj spiller and we learned real quick that you can't win every game against good defenses with just a running back no matter how unbelievably good that running back is. Mark my words, LSU will run into a meat grinder when they play the bammers and that will allow espn to will a 1 loss mediocre bama into the playoffs.

I agree..

Oct 18, 2015, 2:26 PM

I would love or us to play LSU in the playoffs. That would be perfect for our D. They are one dimensional

Good.

Oct 18, 2015, 2:23 PM

These Tigers feed on disrespect. Keep winning, and we'll be where we want to be in the end.

Oct 18, 2015, 2:32 PM

lol.

It cracks me up that some of you really think that these people would not leave us out. Wake up folks...there is a great chance we can get left out even if we finish undefeated.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

at the end of the year there might be 1 or 2 undefeated team

Oct 18, 2015, 2:37 PM

teams, if we are one of those undefeated teams we will be either 1 or 2. No 1-loss team will be ahead of us. If you don't understand this then you are clueless about football or you are just a stupid coot troll.

Re: at the end of the year there might be 1 or 2 undefeated team

Oct 18, 2015, 2:47 PM

Fl St was the only undefeated team last year and they were the third seed and they were the defending national champs.

And how many

Oct 18, 2015, 5:53 PM

times did Fl State have to make an epic comeback to win? I don't think they had one single impressive win last year. The only reason they were in the top 10 was because they were the defending national champs and undefeated.

Oct 18, 2015, 3:43 PM [ in reply to at the end of the year there might be 1 or 2 undefeated team ]

Ohh yea. The stupid coot troll. Right.

Well genius...you really think a one loss SEC team won't jump us if OSU, Baylor, and Utah all win out?

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Oct 19, 2015, 11:33 AM

The media jerks are already saying the Notre Dame (and many others) will still be in it with only one loss, so what does that tell you?? CU will definitely be overlooked if we finish with only one loss - we will not be viewed the same. Even if we are undefeated - I still think they will find a reason to put another team in that doesn't have an undefeated record. It's just not right. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Oct 18, 2015, 7:27 PM [ in reply to at the end of the year there might be 1 or 2 undefeated team ]

I wouldn't have thought Ohio State would have gotten in last year. The VT loss should have eliminated them.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

You consistently make moronic posts. Keep it up.***

Oct 18, 2015, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson slips in latest AP Poll ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Lol get outta here

Oct 18, 2015, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson slips in latest AP Poll ]

There is no way in hail we get left out if undefeated

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they will not leave out an undefeated power 5 team

Oct 18, 2015, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson slips in latest AP Poll ]

Undefeated winners of power 5 conferences are in. The one loss teams have to worry about being left out.

Oct 18, 2015, 2:39 PM

We are the only team that has defeated another current top 10/11 team. Maybe just not the RIGHT top team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How does Stanford jump ND after comparing their losses?

Oct 18, 2015, 2:45 PM

Stanford lost to an offensively challenged Northwestern team on a 2 game losing streak and ND had a 2 point loss on the road in a driving rain storm to a top 5 (well top 6 team now) team?

Stanford looks unstoppable at this point

Oct 18, 2015, 6:28 PM

Stanford stumbled out of the gate, but they are starting to find their stride.
I think Stanford will "Clemsown" ND.
Go tigers!

Best FSU and we'll jump to the top 4, really not a surprise***

Oct 18, 2015, 2:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Oct 18, 2015, 3:09 PM

Looking at the big picture I'm not surprised. LSU beat the #8 team, we beat unranked BC who has only beaten N.Illinois, Maine and Howard. BC was statistically #1 defense, but those numbers were skewed by their wins against the those 3 teams.

I'm not worried at all. We keep winning then we'll be in the playoffs...simple.

Oct 18, 2015, 3:11 PM

I have no problem with this... Not sure why y'all are surprised. All we need to do is keep winning and we will be playoff bound!

Oct 18, 2015, 3:51 PM

In not surprised, just more evidence that the voters don't respect us. Does anyone think we would be ranked 11th like Notre Dame is had we lost to them? Of course not!!! Keep winning Tigers, that cures all and shuts up the haters!

Well

Oct 18, 2015, 5:55 PM

of course not, we were #12 when we played them. I think anyway.

Not a big deal at all. Teams will lose, and the committee

Oct 18, 2015, 3:24 PM

also doesn't use the polls. They will have more of an open mind.

I was under the delusion that the POC wasn't controlled by..

Oct 18, 2015, 3:53 PM

the ESPiN driven AP and Coaches polls last year. I got bich slapped into reality when the POC released it's first poll.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It works out fine for us ...

Oct 18, 2015, 3:29 PM

TCU-Baylor and LSU-Bama have to play each other. If we keep winning with another Top 10 win over FSU, we're golden.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2015, 3:40 PM

NO respect!

Because Florida is that much better than ND.

Oct 18, 2015, 3:49 PM

Smh

IMO, teams with one loss, should not be in the top10...

Oct 18, 2015, 5:09 PM

Because there are so many teams that are still undefeated that could be considered.

OSU Shouldn't be top 10. They're wasting a spot.***

Oct 18, 2015, 5:26 PM

Oct 18, 2015, 7:14 PM

No Respect as always.
Thanks to ESPN and their Conference the SEC. But if we take care of business the rest of the way they will be hard pressed to leave us out.

Nice to see the devils and panthers

Oct 19, 2015, 9:32 AM

break the top 25. Will only help the Tigers' strength of schedule to have another ranked team in the ACCC.

Oct 19, 2015, 1:11 PM

Slipping a notch is okay at this point in the season. We just need to play every game like it's the national championship and we'll be there!

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic